AuthorTopic: Hello, newbie from Herts saying Hi and on the lookout for my first LR.  (Read 1282 times)

Offline Squares

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Hello!

Thought I would say a quick hello. After years of wanting one I have decided to purchase my first 4x4, probably in the shape of a 110 HardTop or a Disco1. :afro:

Thanks in advance for any help and if anyone has or knows of a local-ish LR up to £3k that would be great.

Many thanks,

Richard.
300tdi Disco, nice old girl, now a little muddy. Looking for Suitable off road stuff, snorkle, diff guards etc. :-) What have you got?

Offline auf_wiedersehen_pet

Attack Member
Welcome.

If you want my opinion, a Disco is much friendlier!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Rob Steele

1995 Land Rover Discovery 300 TDi - Everyday Car (Ex Jap)
2007 Toyota Avensis 2.2 T-180 - Sensible Car (Ex TSB Bank)

Offline Squares

Attack Member
Yes I think you are probably right but defenders have that great classic style.

I have phoned up about a few local 300tdi Disco's today, but they were all sold! Must be quite hot property in the £1-2k market I guess. :-.

I am sure the right one will come along, I have waited since I was about 6 to get one, so another little while probably won't hurt lol.
300tdi Disco, nice old girl, now a little muddy. Looking for Suitable off road stuff, snorkle, diff guards etc. :-) What have you got?

Offline auf_wiedersehen_pet

Attack Member
The good ones are hot property! It's worth the wait to get a good one. I bought ex Japanese - 48k and no sign of rust.

Rob Steele

1995 Land Rover Discovery 300 TDi - Everyday Car (Ex Jap)
2007 Toyota Avensis 2.2 T-180 - Sensible Car (Ex TSB Bank)

Offline tokkolosh

Attack Member
    • studley
hi & welcome, def disco if you can find a good 1
headlights,whitelines&blacktar-rivers!!!

Offline V8MoneyPit

Attack Member
Hey, welcome on the forum.

I was born and bread in Watford. Used to live on Brighton Road in the north of the town. Went back a few years ago and it's a totally different place to when I was there  :shock: But I did leave about 25 years ago!
Rgds
Steve

"Reality is wrong. Dreams are for real."

Land Rover build:
www.daisythediesel.com

Photos (my other passion and weakness):
http://www.flickr.com/photos/v8moneypit/

Offline lee celtic

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
Hello and welcome  :afro:
so many hills , so little time ....
discovery TD5
work in progress...lol

Offline Squares

Attack Member
Thanks for the hello's. :D

I have just got back from 4 days in Scotland where there was a Series 3 to drive and wall to wall landrovers so I am now even more in the mood! Sadly whilst I was away I missed out on a cheap local 300tdi disco, but I have a few messages about some others, so fingers crossed it won't take long to find another. :afro:

Offline Squares

Attack Member
I finally got one! 95, 3dr, 300tdi Disco1.  :D :D I looked at a few, and lots were REALLY rusty, but this ones good apart from needing a boot floor, which I knocked off the price and more. MOT'd to next March and goes really well. It was a local car too in the end, after looking at heaps all over the place! [-X

Within about 18mins of buying it I was in the woods on a local byway and having great fun. :dance:

It was clean when I got it. Loving it, want to get some diff guards, a rope and a snorkle to start with, a folding shovel is on the way. :grin:

Offline Squares

Attack Member
Forgot to say its come with AT's all-round, even though they are a little old, and its got a "rebel" steering guard. :evil:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal