AuthorTopic: how many breathers are on my rangey  (Read 634 times)

Offline ricky tango

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
how many breathers are on my rangey
« on: June 17, 2009, 21:01:24 »
hi there i'm currently building my 3.9 in to the off roading to it was meant to be , with a shared build in the past of Tels orange bob on here im pretty clued up on the earlier 3.5 setup but mine the 3.9 , I'm planning on having it off road worthy for billing and then following the how it will have the chop of its life when the back end disappears ,

but for now my question is a simple one how many breathers does my car hold as std as i want to go through the lake at billings an these need extending , front diff ive found on the passenger inner arch rear diff i've found 5mm long cut on the axle , are there any others to my vehicle , its a 3.9 v8 auto hard dash with the auto diff locking transfer box.

i obviously don't want to submerge any open holes in my lubricating system as its not advisable lol ,

and dont worry about the v8 under water as its being well prep'd for a happy swimming future

Offline Range Rover Blues

Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
Re: how many breathers are on my rangey
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2009, 00:03:55 »
Bellhousing

gearboc breather and transfer box breather were, when new, clipped to the rear engine lifting eye or a braket on the back of the LH head and are hardly visible unless you look, then front and rear axles you have found and the fuel tank breather(s), one on ealry cars, 3 on later (multi vent) cars with the carbon scrubber and one under the bonnet on the late Cat equiped cars.

Depending on depth, your master cylinders and vac servo, the dipstick has an 'O' ring that needs renewing and the oil cap screwed on tight, there's also a rocker vent on the rear LHS near the bulhead, it has a foam filter.

Battery caps, headlights, PAS reservoir which is vented on the side of the cap on later models (EFI).

Engine ECU and ABS ECU if things get deep.
Blue,  1988  Range Rover 3.5 EFi with plenty of toys bolted on
Chuggaboom, 1995 Range Rover Classic
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

Offline dod51e

Attack Member
Re: how many breathers are on my rangey
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 01:24:39 »
Bellhousing

gearboc breather and transfer box breather were, when new, clipped to the rear engine lifting eye or a braket on the back of the LH head and are hardly visible unless you look, then front and rear axles you have found and the fuel tank breather(s), one on ealry cars, 3 on later (multi vent) cars with the carbon scrubber and one under the bonnet on the late Cat equiped cars.

Depending on depth, your master cylinders and vac servo, the dipstick has an 'O' ring that needs renewing and the oil cap screwed on tight, there's also a rocker vent on the rear LHS near the bulhead, it has a foam filter.

Battery caps, headlights, PAS reservoir which is vented on the side of the cap on later models (EFI).

Engine ECU and ABS ECU if things get deep.

What preparations are you doing to your V8 to allow it to swim?  Would be very interested to know/see pics as i wouldn't mind being able to get a little deeper than a puddle>  LOL

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal