AuthorTopic: How many Suzuki Sj are lifted here?  (Read 7092 times)

Offline Jamie Pinin

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
How many Suzuki Sj are lifted here?
« on: June 04, 2009, 12:49:15 »
All I have is a body lift of 2", which is nothing to me realy :(. How big are your lifts, what are they, as Im wanting to do SPOA :-k, but if you lot have other ideas, please let me know ;). Thank you Jamie
[One life, Live it]

Offline muddymesser

Attack Member
Re: How many Suzuki Sj are lifted here?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 20:55:53 »
hi

i have about +2ish lift by springs but they are super stiff i have 2 springs worth of leaves per spring

you could do add-a-leafs which give around +2 2 1/2ish lift depending on condition of your springs and they are about £32 per axel  ;) and fromm llama4x4.com

you can get bedford rascal/super carry rear springs on the back of your sj gives about +2 and you can put yourrear springs on the front of your sj which is about +2 but you need t extend chassis/make missing link shackles

or you could chop the ends off your rear springs n put them under the front top leaf

go on www.difflock.com they can help alot and have loads of diffrent setups

oh and DO NOT use lift shackles
would a midget fall over doing the limbo???

Offline Jamie Pinin

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 10:52:59 »
My leafs are nackered, front ones are bent backwards.So am wanting new ones completly. And mostlikely shocks soon.
[One life, Live it]

Offline timboh81

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2009, 21:46:45 »
i have +2" springs and a 3" body lift.. i have all the clearance i need for my 33"s and it goes everywhere and flexes nice..  :cool:

Offline Jamie Pinin

Attack Member
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2009, 12:42:17 »
When you did the body lift, did you have to extend brake pipes and the fuel suplie from the petrol tank, to where you put the fuel pump in, as when I did a 2" they looked either streched or tight. Jamie
[One life, Live it]

Offline shrekster

Attack Member
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2009, 14:14:21 »
I have just built my 4th buggy, Its a sj 413 with a 1.6 vit engine, a 1300 gearbox and a 1,000ntransfer box. I run dumper tyres on 16" vit rims.

My suspension is as follows..

x4 + 2" ironman springs
X4 + 2" pro comp shocks
A 3 " body lift

Do not use shackle lifts they are rubbish and crap as they dig in the dirt and reduce your approach angle.

although iron man springs are perfect for my set up ( mud ) They dont give much articulation and give a very hard ride..

i did actually do a 7" body lift but the bloody thing kept rolling over..
YOURE ONLY SUPPOSED TO BLOW THE BLOODY DOORS OFF

Offline timboh81

Attack Member
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2009, 21:16:55 »
yes u have to extend the petrol filler tube thingy,ma bob..  :?.. and u also have to do the brake lines... or move the mounts..  8-[..  :cool:

Offline Jamie Pinin

Attack Member
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2009, 13:02:25 »
I havent extended them, as I havent been driving it for a while. Could you tell me where you got ur extended break lines from, and which parts, as I want to do that. Thank you Jamie
[One life, Live it]

Offline timboh81

Attack Member
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2009, 21:38:47 »
http://www.macsport4x4.com/page5a.html
Brake lines from hear...,,.  :afro:

Offline winchman

Attack Member
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2009, 09:29:58 »
Mine had Rascal springs allround but it gave it 6" of lift due to how they are mounted.
Tango and his mate Marcy did mine about 6 years ago.
I sold it a few years ago and I think it was written off and broken for bits
Remember it will come in handy even if you never use it

Offline rustyrhinos

Attack Member
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2010, 00:38:58 »
Mine had leaf over axle. The ride was horrid, the lefs looked like the were under stressed...in my opinion its  a bad idea if you want to do anything more than a bit of greenlaning...it's jsut asking fo4r the leafs to snap! Also had 3" extended shackles...bad bad bad! Have now gone instead for standard length shackles (but heavy duty fabricated ones) and 3" lift springs (tempered for the bend, extra leaf added). Now rides a lot happier. Now need to get new tyres as the 31X105 Grizzlys hit just about everything!

Offline Saffy

Attack Member
    • The Bell Inn, Imber.
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2010, 08:40:42 »
Mine had leaf over axle. The ride was horrid, the lefs looked like the were under stressed...in my opinion its  a bad idea if you want to do anything more than a bit of greenlaning...it's jsut asking fo4r the leafs to snap! Also had 3" extended shackles...bad bad bad! Have now gone instead for standard length shackles (but heavy duty fabricated ones) and 3" lift springs (tempered for the bend, extra leaf added). Now rides a lot happier. Now need to get new tyres as the 31X105 Grizzlys hit just about everything!

what the worry ? Not as though anyone would ever go driving on extended shackles to Mongolia is it...........oh wait a minute :lol:  :grin:   how far did you drive on broken springs, looked painful?
.swonk eno oN .esoht dna eseht ,siht dna taht ,wollof ot selur emos teg eW

Offline rustyrhinos

Attack Member
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2010, 11:50:55 »
what the worry ? Not as though anyone would ever go driving on extended shackles to Mongolia is it...........oh wait a minute      how far did you drive on broken springs, looked painful?

LOL! Yeah, extended shackles was a big mistake going to Mongolia! I think we had 6/7 leaf snaps in total...we had two spare leafs which helped for those and we managed to a leaf fabricated by a garage in Kazakhstan, amazing watching that! The rest of the fixes....well...it involved exhaust clamps, threaded rod, gaffa tape, inner tubes and blocks of wood...the car didn't exactly drive very well after that! Basically as soon as we hit Kazakhstan we started having problems with our springs, so probably 4000 miles or so on broken springs!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal