AuthorTopic: Wifeys Td5, coolent pressurizing & overheating. Head Gasket???  (Read 611 times)

Offline marky

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
As above really! Wifeys disco 2 is pressurizing the coolant and starts to get a bit warmer than it should. It all points to a head gasket failure and I'm preparing to replace it next weekend, with new metal dowels, but is there anything else other than the hg that it could be? Its not loosing coolant and I'm sure I read somewhere that it could be related to a pas/water pump? I've google searched this loads with different phrases and I can't find what I originally read! Any help would be great  :help: [-o<
Lifted Disco on BFG MTs .......and loving it!

Wifey now has Disco Td5 es

mattyme

Re: Wifeys Td5, coolent pressurizing & overheating. Head Gasket???
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2009, 18:01:41 »
give the radiator a flush out and make sure the fins are nice and clean ie no mud or dead leaves etc before going for the head gasket.

oh, and if youve got anythin like a winch or anything restricting the air flow to the radiator, that will make a difference too.... ask me how i know!!? lol

Offline marky

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Wifeys Td5, coolent pressurizing & overheating. Head Gasket???
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2009, 01:05:18 »
Thanks for the reply. I've put off replacing the hg for a bit as I don't really want to do it, I don't know for certain that its the problem, it's only used locally and my own disco needs attention! The radiator looks good, but I will flush it through at the weekend to see if it makes a difference. Anyone else got any bright ideas? :help:
Lifted Disco on BFG MTs .......and loving it!

Wifey now has Disco Td5 es

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal