AuthorTopic: LPG in Spain  (Read 3311 times)

Offline luffy

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
LPG in Spain
« on: April 14, 2009, 10:50:23 »
Not sure if this should be here or in the LPG forum but as it's to do with travel I'll put it here.

Has anyone taken a LPG vehicle into Spain and can advise on it's availability? 

I'm looking to do a bit of travelling through the country later in the year, eventually ending up at my parents place near Mojacar but as my Cherokee runs on LPG, I'm concerned that I might have a problem finding filling stations that sell it.  A quick search on the web seems to confirm that they are few and far between  :(.

I still have a half size petrol tank so the other option would be to take a couple of jerry cans and keep the fuel tank topped up but that could become a bit of a pain.

Any advice greatfully received.

Andy

Lightly modified '99 Cherokee 4.0L LPG for the mud!
'01 Mercedes SLK 230 for the sun!

Offline Green Jeep

Attack Member
Re: LPG in Spain
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2009, 11:06:20 »
Think the first thing to check is do you need an adaptor as I think they may use a different connection.

If the info on LPG stations is anything like the UK then who knows where they are, they are like buses around here... none for ages then two almost on top of each other...

Are there any 4x4 forums in Spain that you can ask? Babelfish.com can help translate English into Spanish http://www.babelfish.com/

Hope this helps, Maf
Laning patches will only keep the desire at bay for a few days, get in the mud and enjoy the banter.

Offline thermidorthelobster

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2009, 17:33:31 »
There are hardly any.  Virtually nothing at all.  I heard rumours of mythical public service depots which had once had an old Calor Gas tank rolling around but that was about as close as I got.  This was 2006;  you may be luckier now, but I didn't get a single sniff of LPG driving from one end to the other.
David French
Tree-hugging communist
1999 Discovery II TD5 Manual
Patriot roof rack, QT Services diff guards front & rear, DiscoParts steering guard[/url], Autologic ECU upgrade, 2" Old Man Emu lift, 235/85R16 BF Goodrich All Terrains, Safari snorkel, DiscoParts jackable sills, Warn Tabor 9000

Ex Disco 200TDI, P38a 4.6HSE and 101FC 6x6 Camper.  Africa Trip Blog

Offline luffy

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2009, 10:51:05 »
Thanks guys.

I had a feeling that this would be the case.  Looks like it's going to be a couple of jerry cans and regular fill-ups then!

Will keep looking on the web though to see if there are any Spanish forums that might be able to help.
Andy

Lightly modified '99 Cherokee 4.0L LPG for the mud!
'01 Mercedes SLK 230 for the sun!

Offline Green Jeep

Attack Member
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2009, 11:04:30 »
Good luck, please post if you find anywhere as would like to do the same and an easy route as I'm in Plymouth...
Laning patches will only keep the desire at bay for a few days, get in the mud and enjoy the banter.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal