AuthorTopic: Woo Hoo!!! I've got one!!  (Read 2925 times)

Offline Hovis

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Woo Hoo!!! I've got one!!
« on: April 02, 2009, 12:03:01 »
I just bought a Landcruiser.....I've always wanted one but they were out of reach financially speaking which is why I've always stuck with SJ's.

It had been parked in a garage for two years and the owner started to build an extension and needed the space so moved it to a friends yard. That's where I saw it and after some enquiries tracked him down, he said make me an offer and excepted the first one, wish I had started lower! Anyway I still think it was a bargain as I paid £100 for it and after looking around it there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with it, one of the doors has a bit of rust at the bottom and the rear passenger panel is going around the wheel arch. All the electrics work as do all the lights, it doesn't overheat and smokes less than my Audi!! Its a real state on the inside but it just dirty not damaged and I found a £50 Chubb padlock under the drivers seat with 2 keys! Having had a good chat with him when I picked it up it turns out that it had a refurbed turbo about 6 months before he bought his new 4x4 and he rebuilt the engine about 3 years ago.

I'm going to use it for the Staples 2 Naples rally in September and then bring it back and turn it into an offroader.....

My Mum lied..............it hasn't dropped off.

Offline Big Naughty

Attack Member
  • Paul Heron
Re: Woo Hoo!!! I've got one!!
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 18:48:31 »
Hi Hovis - it looks ACE!

I have just been offered an LJ78 by a good friend who is going out of the country for some time. They are like the proverbial rocking horse manure to find aren't they? It is the same colour as yours in the photo. Have fun dude.

BN

Offline simondarby

Attack Member
    • South Devon
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2009, 23:11:59 »
Had my LJ70 for over a year and the only thing to break was the top water hose split by the jubilee clip.  Easy repair for free.

So different to reaching into my pocket every week just to keep my Discovery going which I owned before...
1994 Toyota Hilux Surf KZN130

Offline Big Naughty

Attack Member
  • Paul Heron
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2009, 15:31:23 »
Hi there again - having seen yours I did a deal with my mate and got this one. You are right about paying out all the time. I have put a new headlight on and a turbo hose, and it only cost me £22!

Have Fun.

BN
« Last Edit: April 16, 2009, 15:41:17 by Big Naughty »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal