AuthorTopic: frontera 2.2 16v petrol ecotec , running prob, hunting tick over  (Read 4135 times)

Offline Toppo

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
hi got a 2.2 W-REG  petrol , and it runs ok ,, but the tick over  is lumpy some times , ive cleaned and checked the pipe work , cleand throttle body , still no joy , im going to check the cam belt timing ,  but i cannot see the crank pully wheel timing mark .. auto data says its at the bottom , but cannot see it ,, can some one help me out , also reading other posts it says it could be the crank shaft sensor ,, also i think the cat is not to good , can i buy pass the cat some how ,     cheers mark

Offline 666

Attack Member
If its hunting i would suspect the idle control valve or the maff sensor

Offline Toppo

Attack Member
ive tyred cleaning the idle valve , but still the same,  wat one is the maff sensor ,, another thing i noticed is that the plugs keep going black sooty ,, running rich ????  any ideas  thanks mark

Offline 666

Attack Member
Maff is the mass air flow sensor in the air intake pipe.

Im not too clued up on the 2.2s but if you ask here they might be able to help more than me  ;)

Offline dxmedia

Attack Member
sooting up sounds like lambda
1959 Unimog 404 DoKa i6
1996 Jeep ZG i6with 6" suspension lift
1999 2.5 v6 Omega autobahn stormer
2001 1.4 Polo

Offline Toppo

Attack Member
sorted it today  after checking things,,  i found the cambelt  timing one tooth out on the right cam >?   runs ok now , also welded the manifold up ,,    thanks for all ur help  cheers mark

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal