AuthorTopic: how many in the group?  (Read 3086 times)

Offline adafish

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
how many in the group?
« on: February 17, 2009, 22:23:38 »
 just found this on the TUBE... [-X http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzEDY7P8Vps&feature=rec-HM-r2, SHOULD NO BETTER

Offline Swingletree

Attack Member
Re: how many in the group?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2009, 22:33:13 »
I counted eight, is that right? Do I win a prize  :P

Bit naughty though really.  :(

Offline ne jones

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 00:07:55 »
Plenty more on there with the same cast members that are [-X [-X
Cheers, Nathan.

Offline crazymac

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 22:40:50 »
Embedding disabled by request????
I HAVE THE BODY OF A GOD

shame its Budda!!

Offline Saffy

Attack Member
    • The Bell Inn, Imber.
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2009, 11:48:40 »
Embedding disabled by request????
tiz an option when you upload to youtube, can disable so other others can't embed the video into their own forum/webby host. To watch the one posted by ada you gotta double click on it and it will take you to the video on youtube.
.swonk eno oN .esoht dna eseht ,siht dna taht ,wollof ot selur emos teg eW

Offline propes

Attack Member
  • THE VOICES MADE ME DO IT OFFICER!
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2009, 14:01:31 »
Then you can go tsk tsk tsk as well. I think maybe it was 2 groups of 4 and maybe the camera was switched off whilst waiting for the 2nd group to catch up, just a thought. [-o<
Polish the towel of life to reflect the acidic doorstop! Big brother is watching he drives a freelander.....You have been warned!!!!!

Offline Eeyore

Attack Member
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2009, 16:38:17 »
Ok, that may be a fair point, but having seen the video, I'm not so convinced. There are also other vids in the guys collection that clearly show convoys of more than four, but not many, so at least it isn't a habit.

Even so, it's a pity that Mud-Club will be associated with larger groups as our stickers are clearly visable.

With luck, the concerned members will read this will think 'ok, it's time to change how we think about going laning', which would be the best outcome (well, that and removing some of the more contentious vids).

Lets see how things develop from here.
Flower: '95 Defender 110 Hard Top. Donkey Power :D

Offline Hissy

Attack Member
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2009, 18:58:49 »

Even so, it's a pity that Mud-Club will be associated with larger groups as our stickers are clearly visable.

With luck, the concerned members will read this will think 'ok, it's time to change how we think about going laning', which would be the best outcome (well, that and removing some of the more contentious vids).

Looks like the vid has been pulled  :-#
REAL MEN DON'T WASTE THEIR HORMONES GROWING HAIR!!

pux

« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2009, 19:27:31 »
And a really annoying habit is when people drive too fast through a ford :evil: :evil: :roll: :roll: why do people have to go so fast through fords or puddles!!! its not impressive in fact it just makes people who are not into the off-roading just think idiot :'(

Offline Fourby

Attack Member
  • West Midlands Regional Rep
« Reply #9 on: February 20, 2009, 00:19:19 »
I received the BBC's 'Planet Earth' complete series on BluRay recently as a present (it's excellent by the way!), fortunatley for me I also met one of the film makers involved in that project. I learned that some of the scenes were shot in fish tanks, terrariums, studio sets, false forrests and saline marine pools. I wasn't dissapointed, nor outraged by this illusion, but commended him on his most brilliant work..!

I made and edited that film that you comment about.

It's easy to jump to conclusions on a faceless forum and flame other members.
It hasn't been pulled, why not watch it again and pay closer attention to the editing?

I also personally think that it shows great responsibility, not lack of respect for laning or mud club, that the leader (and you know who it is) would wait for the groups and all individuals to be safley through these hazzards without incident before moving on.

The video will stay on you tube until I choose to remove it, however the 'embeded' belligerence of faceless angels in this post will be rather harder to 'disable' with my mouse.

pux

« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2009, 06:35:02 »
I stand by what i say and i am merely pointing out the white disco in the Vid going through the ford as quick as it will allow him!!!! That is not responsible laning is it.

Offline Eeyore

Attack Member
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2009, 08:02:35 »
I'll stand by Pux and I stand by what I say also. As a former chairman of the Green Lane Association (note: 'former'), I come from a point of some experience and passion. I carry no real authority, but I want to point out how much I care about these issues.

There are a number of glaring holes I can pick in the arguements presented but that's not what I want to focus on. A clear issue has been raised and the folk concerned now have a golden oppotunity to come forward and say 'you're right, what we did wasn't the best, therefore we can do things differently'. The biggest pity is some of the vids in the collection are exemplory, it's just that some sadly, are not. The collection of posted vids affect us all - some do it in a positive way, others don't.

You know, in this world folk are permitted to make honest mistakes, for the occasional thing not to go right - honest ignorance is not a crime. The mark of the person is in how they handle that event subsequently.

So I'll ask person to person - please can you have a think about how you act and what you do when laning - and what you post on the world wide web after the event. It'll ensure that Joe Public doens't associate the kind of behaviours some of the vids show to either the Club, or to laners as a whole.

As an aside, as Mud-Club members, we've all agreed to abide by the Clubs rules and Greenlaning Code of Conduct. We've all read the small print and ticked the box.  ;)

Offline clover

Attack Member
  • Clover
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2009, 09:16:50 »
I think the participants should be hung drawn and quartered and their heads put on tower bridge for such a hideous crime. They should have their souls damned to Hell and their vehicles confiscated and all knowledge of them erased from Mub-Club. Not!!!

Glad I'm not in Glass or anything like that. As a Mud-club member I'm told the Mud-club is in Glass but its never done me any good. Eeyore is a personal friend of mine (although I not seen him at DORC events for a while) as is Hissy, and the Coventry rep. I withdrew as a regional rep for Glass because I found it to be self destructive and only interested in throwing dirt at its own. Most people only join because they think it provide them with laning opportunities anyway. In fact I stand by my decision and you can shove it up your ass as far as I'm concerned! I think ada ought to spent more time laning rather that surfing the net for videos with more than 4 vehicles in them. If he is that bored he can come over and I'm find some work to do on mine.

I do what I feel is safe. I drive contentiously. I do what I feel is right. 

I bound by nobody except the Police and I've never been in trouble with them over my driving.

« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 10:00:16 by clover »
1996 Discovery 300TDi Affectionately known as Clover. 
Cooper Discover STT 33/12.50/R15, a 2" body lift off chassis. H/D springs with 50mm platform spacers on the rear. Nothing on the front as they foul the shocks :-) 11" travel rough country shocks and mountings with dislocating spring cones,  adjusted wheel arches, safari snorkel. H/D rear bumper, demountable drop plate,. H/D steering guard, QT diff guards.
tree sliders, Split charge running twin Optima's, spotlight bar with 4 whoppers on it, H/D winch bumper, 12,000lbs winch,  A bar with 2 50w mini spotlights, brownchurch full length roof rack. 2 work lights.CB,
Fine English engineering modified to work!

Offline propes

Attack Member
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2009, 11:10:26 »
As i commented it looked like editing and that is what it appears to be,it seems people are too quick to condemn others on the basis of what they watch or read with the holier than thou attitude. Yes we need to act responsibly when doing our thing but for gods/allahs or whoevers sake remember "one life live it" not condemn it.
Polish the towel of life to reflect the acidic doorstop! Big brother is watching he drives a freelander.....You have been warned!!!!!

Offline clover

Attack Member
  • Clover
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2009, 11:18:09 »
I'm with you propes...
1996 Discovery 300TDi Affectionately known as Clover. 
Cooper Discover STT 33/12.50/R15, a 2" body lift off chassis. H/D springs with 50mm platform spacers on the rear. Nothing on the front as they foul the shocks :-) 11" travel rough country shocks and mountings with dislocating spring cones,  adjusted wheel arches, safari snorkel. H/D rear bumper, demountable drop plate,. H/D steering guard, QT diff guards.
tree sliders, Split charge running twin Optima's, spotlight bar with 4 whoppers on it, H/D winch bumper, 12,000lbs winch,  A bar with 2 50w mini spotlights, brownchurch full length roof rack. 2 work lights.CB,
Fine English engineering modified to work!

spud the king

« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2009, 11:18:30 »
 WELL I GO OUT WITH THIS  GROPE WHEN I CAN    AND THERE ARE VERY GOOD TO GO OUT WITH AND AS IT STATED THAT THE GROPE   LOOKES AFTER EVERY ONE AT  HAZZERDS  AND THE HOLE GROPE GOS THROUGH   ,

YOU ALL CANT TELL ME HAND ON HART  THAT YOU ALL HAVE NOT GONE THROUGH A FORD  A BIT QUICK COS I KNOW THATS  A BIG LOAD OFF [!Expletive Deleted!] WE ALL DONE IT AT SOME  TIME .  
 IN THIS GROUPE [MUD CLUB] I HAVE NEVER  NONE SO MENY BACK STABBING [illiterate chewers] IN MY LIFE ,  FOR ONE EEYORE YOU MUST HAVE A [!Expletive Deleted!] LIFE COS ALL I SEE YOU DO IS  TRYING TO HAVE A GO AT PEOPLE AND DISS THEM  , GET A [!Expletive Deleted!] LIFE ,  I HAVE NEVER MET YOU  AND I DONT LIKE YOU  AND I HOPE WE NEVER MEET.
    WITH PEOPLE  LIKE YOU MAKES ME THINK I DONT WHANT TO IN THIS CLUB   COS IF WE DO RIGHT,  ITS RONG .

sorry to thoughs people that don't diss outher people  this  is not meant for you , its that them few that cant send them a pm  to get there side off the story right or wrong  just wind me up

if you want to ban me from the club...  so be it  as had it with back stabbing

Offline propes

Attack Member
« Reply #16 on: February 20, 2009, 11:25:48 »
I hope we can draw a line under this now, i just wish i could get the rangey fast enough to make a splash!!

Offline Reggieroo

Attack Member
    • Nr Pershore, Worcestershire
« Reply #17 on: February 20, 2009, 11:54:16 »
Whats wrong with people on here? Got nothing better to do than stab fellow mud clubbers in the back?
Wow somebody went through a ford a little quick.......................get a life!

If I remember rightly that day we did split into two groups anyway.

Its seems now a days, you can't post up anything to do with a 4x4 on YouTube without somebody damming it, even fellow 4x4 owners.
Oh I forgot you are all angels & have never done anything out of sorts, do you actually even get any mud on your tyres?
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 12:04:39 by Reggieroo »
1993 3.9 V8 Range Rover Classic
Audi 4.2 V8 S6 Quattro

For a taste of Ireland delivered direct to your door www.theirishshop.co.uk

My 4x4 websites.
www.offroad4x4s.com
www.offroadrangerovers.com
www.offroadlandrovers.com

Offline wany mifes

Attack Member
« Reply #18 on: February 20, 2009, 12:07:57 »
i would like to say that  , on this day there were 2 groups of 4 and after the 1st group went through the 2nd group came through.We had lunch together (as there was room - before anyone makes a comment on this ) and left in 2 groups again, Having been out with other groups this seems to be the norm  . This group have helped riders, ramblers and stranded motorists , cleared lanes and picked up rubbish left by other groups  who have previously used lanes but never  paraded it in magazines. We all should abide by the rules but nit picking among ourselves does not help our cause , there will always be situations that when taken out of context  look like the rules have been broken , please don't comment unless YOU know ALL the facts (not those you just assume) . I too was a member of GLASS but no longer am !!!
Wany Mifes

200tdi

pux

« Reply #19 on: February 20, 2009, 12:28:34 »
Well i see the stomp my feet crowd are out because another member brought something to light :lol: :lol: i was merely saying that at this point and time where we ARE ALL losing lanes left right and centre, you think it is right to show someone going through a ford as fast as you can?? does this really do us any favours, as i am pretty sure it does not!! All it takes is a bit sense i.e don't put that bit in the vid or put pictures like that on the Web. As for how many in a group i am not to fussed about that, as some times it can be very hard to keep to groups apart. I am finding a whole new culture of laners now (Not pointing at this group) who treat these lanes like pay and play sites. And that is why i no longer will tell people were i lane or show them pictures so they get an idea, sad i know but if that what it takes to protect the lanes i drive so be it. bonjour................. :lol: :lol: :lol: oh and im still breathing and moving around so must still have a life cheers Reggie :lol: :lol: :lol:
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 12:54:07 by pux »

Offline thermidorthelobster

Attack Member
« Reply #20 on: February 20, 2009, 13:04:54 »
Some guy I went to school with recently posted on Facebook photos of himself and some friends driving private roads on Dartmoor (without permission) - churning up the mud, getting stuck, generally acting like gimps.

When I objected they basically told me to stuff it.  Whilst I don't really care if they're doing anything illegal, what they ARE doing is giving an impression to all and sundry that 4x4 drivers like to tear around the countryside doing damage.  Just like Clarkson et al did in the "green laning" feature in Top Gear.  And then we wonder why all the lanes are being shut down.

I've not even watched the video above so I'm making no comments at all on its content.  But I would make the general point that there is a difference between what's legal / illegal and what's right and what harms our cause.
David French
Tree-hugging communist
1999 Discovery II TD5 Manual
Patriot roof rack, QT Services diff guards front & rear, DiscoParts steering guard[/url], Autologic ECU upgrade, 2" Old Man Emu lift, 235/85R16 BF Goodrich All Terrains, Safari snorkel, DiscoParts jackable sills, Warn Tabor 9000

Ex Disco 200TDI, P38a 4.6HSE and 101FC 6x6 Camper.  Africa Trip Blog

Offline Fourby

Attack Member
  • West Midlands Regional Rep
« Reply #21 on: February 20, 2009, 14:04:34 »
I'll stand by Pux and I stand by what I say also. As a former chairman of the Green Lane Association (note: 'former'), I come from a point of some experience and passion. I carry no real authority, but I want to point out how much I care about these issues.

There are a number of glaring holes I can pick in the arguements presented but that's not what I want to focus on. A clear issue has been raised and the folk concerned now have a golden oppotunity to come forward and say 'you're right, what we did wasn't the best, therefore we can do things differently'. The biggest pity is some of the vids in the collection are exemplory, it's just that some sadly, are not. The collection of posted vids affect us all - some do it in a positive way, others don't.

You know, in this world folk are permitted to make honest mistakes, for the occasional thing not to go right - honest ignorance is not a crime. The mark of the person is in how they handle that event subsequently.

So I'll ask person to person - please can you have a think about how you act and what you do when laning - and what you post on the world wide web after the event. It'll ensure that Joe Public doens't associate the kind of behaviours some of the vids show to either the Club, or to laners as a whole.

As an aside, as Mud-Club members, we've all agreed to abide by the Clubs rules and Greenlaning Code of Conduct. We've all read the small print and ticked the box.  ;)

How can you ask Person to Person, when you are a Cartoon Donkey and I am a Cartoon Sheep, and we have never even met??

If you want to speak to me person to person, you will find me at John's in the morning, working on 'Clover' with him and a whole bunch of these guys, doing what clubs do, lending a helping hand and respecting each other in the real world, not flaming them in a virtual world.

If you all claim to be active members of this club,  then be active and be a club, and I will see you all in the morning for coffee while we work on 'Clover'

Offline Jas278

Attack Member
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2009, 14:47:57 »
Just because they have Mud Club stickers on , it does nt mean it was a Mud Club outing , I have stickers but it does nt mean I have to speak to all involved to see about how I go about my business...Why we have divisions within caused out of what I don't know others will look and tut ..why cant we stick together , was there any need to start this thread ?  AND I'm sure the ones doing the damming are little treasures .....GOD help you when it s you're turn for the spotlight, NO I was not one of this group. Eyeore....look  I know your hearts in the right place  but come on I ve heard tails of you being rude to folk whilst out lanning ,  ...  lets not go there a , you as a mod..... having seen posts like this before should have seen where it was heading and for the good of all should have pulled...AS for the rest ...STONES AND GLASS houses spring to mind.. :lol:
« Last Edit: February 20, 2009, 14:49:30 by Jas278 »

Discovery TD5......Tricked Up..

Offline Eeyore

Attack Member
« Reply #23 on: February 20, 2009, 15:42:09 »
Um, I have no idea who Clover is, I'm afraid. I know a million and one folk with Discos.

For info, I have a life, thanks, and I'll not be suspending anyone from the Club, mainly because it isn't my decision. Lucky for some!  ;)

The problem I have is that a point gets raised involving lanes and peoples use of them. I respond. The 'accused' or 'guilty' get terribely upset and start shouting and cursing and blaming everyone else. The rant above helps no one, especially the rantee. As a warning however, I'd say watch your language, as open abuse of moderators is usually treated seriosuly by the Administrators.

Seeing as someone asked the question, I used to tear through fords and puddles and lane in big groups and think I was having a hoot. But, I learnt and I changed - for myself, and for the future of laning. There are enviroments for hooning about, and lanes weren't it.

Now, if you read my responses to this, you'll see I'm offering those involved an oppotunity for education (not condemnnation) and I feel that this is more than fair.

The Clubs standing on the use of lanes is pretty open. We've all agreed to support that Code of Conduct too. It's got nothing to do with GLASS membership, or CRAG  because neither the Club, or myself are members of either. It's got to do with caring about what we do and how we're percieved.

And yes, I'm very much aware there are two sides to every story. But is anyone else?

This discussion, at the moment, appears to have reached a natural conclusion, and as a consequence I'm going to lock this thread now. However, I'll be happy to reopen it if all concerned feel they can better voice their views.

Cheers

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal