AuthorTopic: It's knackered!  (Read 797 times)

Offline Dave123

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
It's knackered!
« on: February 17, 2009, 18:57:01 »
Right then chaps, Latest is the engine is knackered so looking for a replacement. If all goes to plan, I should have an LDV Pilot engine for free! :D and was wondering, How hard is this engine to swap? I know about all the engine mounts need changing etc but what about the splines on the crank, are the the same? Will it just bolt straight into the standard gearbox or is there any conversion plates available? if not then can I put the tranfer case onto the LDV's gearbox or has someone got any different advice? and finally seeing as it wa a petrol, can I keep the original fuel lines and tank and have them all cleaned out or will they need completely replacing?

Thanks lots!
Pull my finger :D

Offline stuntman

Attack Member
Re: It's knackered!
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 06:38:50 »
If you really want to go back to petrol mate i have a 2.25 petrol with new dizzy sat on my garage floor, yours if you collect at at the weekend, cost £0?
1989 3.5slti Mazda powered 110DC

Erm ... I've lost my keys darling ... again!

Offline Rich_P

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 13:01:28 »
LDV Pilot?  I'm guessing that this isn't a Sherpa?

Offline Dave123

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2009, 18:34:39 »
Well then chaps. Had a long rethink about everything and have also managed to get my work colleagues to help me out with stripping the engine and finding a good replacement part (Hapeened to be in my colleagues shed! :dance:) and so we have the engine in a good repairable state but good enough for the MOT's visual emmisions check now but will still need some work thankfully! :D and, if all goes well and i really yank my socks up and weld like a crazy man, Then should have Earl with his first MOT in nearly 18 months at some point tommorow afternoon! :-o and I'll be riding all the green lanes! Thanks again chaps for making this site very welcoming and very informal. you really do a brilliant job, Hope I can make some sort of contribution in the future.
Dave
Pull my finger :D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal