AuthorTopic: advice required  (Read 2824 times)

Offline kevinf

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
advice required
« on: January 13, 2009, 22:51:58 »
hi folks
got my self booked on a trip driving the pyrenees coast to coast this august, ive never taken a vehicle abroad before! so whats the best option, drive down to spain thru france or take the ferry to bilbao, bear in mind that has we have to meet our fellow travellers at a set date we would have to pre book the ferry earlier thus paying full price which seems to be between £500 -£800

any advice greatfully accepted

cheers kevin
the shinny blue defender with the winch,checker plate body protection,extra seating and windows
and at this point I noticed the n/s air vent wasnt fully closed so lets not forget the mud stained interior and the water logged kenwood 6disc cd

Offline Defender

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Re: advice required
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2009, 23:17:35 »
A couple of mates & I did the 'Coast to Coast' by Greenlane across the Pyrenees in 2002 with a company called Trans Pyreneean 4x4.
We took the ferry from Portsmouth to Bilbao, but it wasn't cheap, but it did save a long journey through France.
One of the other vehicles on the trip had taken to Dover - Calais crossing & had driven through France to get to our rendevouz in Sara in the South West of France & they were exhausted by the time they arrived.
Don't forget that when you get to the Mediteranean, you'll have a very long drive back if you're driving through France to Calais, then the drive in Britain before getting home.
We took 2 days to cross from the Med to the Atlantic coast by tarmac on our way home, then sat back & relaxed on the ferry back to Portsmouth (well I spent most of the time being sea sick due to the crossing of the Bay of Biscay being rough :->).

HTH
Paul.
GLASS Lancs & Cumbria Rep.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal