General Club Stuff > Workshop Articles

Frankie Boys disco Rust Removal, with pics !!!!!

<< < (17/18) > >>

daveyravey:
Is this the end ?? 

Damn, i was really getting into this thread  :-.

It's good to see there's still proper craftsmen around......... proper job Mick   ;)

Ged4x4:
Fantastic job Mick, good to know there are dedicated men like you still around! I have 3 classic Rangies at the moment and have done similar repairs to them all. It just seems to be a constant battle against rot! I welded up the V8 on my profile pic last year and put 11 patches on it. Recently i also repaired the n/s/r door post on my 300Tdi and believe it or not was in much worse condition than the one in this thread, the box section that holds the door pin on was rotted away so badly that the door wouldn't even close!

Keep up the good work!

Ged4x4:
Hi people, Got some pics posted of that doorpost repair if anyone wants to see how bad a doorpost can actually get! http://www.mud-club.com/galleries/Ged4x4/1238712116

spy:
Nice job you did there!  I think I may have something similar coming up on my Mrs disco!  I know where to look for inspiration...  :D

Cheeers,

Mike

Fat Bloke:
Not been on this forum for some time (nearly 2 yrs infact) so just trawling through lots & lots of threads.

This is obviously quite an old one now but ... Wow that was some job. Well done, nice work there.

I am in the process of looking for a discovery, so now i have seen this i at least have some idea of what to look for and where.

Thanks for sharing it & nice to see someone else who takes pride in their work regardless of the fact sometimes a lot more work goes in than you can actually charge a proper rate for although a sense of pride and satisfaction does help compensate.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version