AuthorTopic: Norfolk Meet - 30 Nov 2008  (Read 30966 times)

Offline digger

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Norfolk Meet - 30 Nov 2008
« Reply #150 on: December 01, 2008, 18:24:03 »
i cant thank henry and craig enough i've been into off roading a couple of years now with not much laning happening and we are now finally getting a regular meet now which can only be a good thing in my eyes

200tdi disco project
98 2 DOOR 300TDI DISCO  SUZUKI SJ  FORD TRANSIT suzuki vitara trayback disco project

Offline bobtailed disco

Attack Member
« Reply #151 on: December 01, 2008, 18:48:45 »
Will i am up for the next meet when ever that might be. (Just dont make it to l8 in the month as i am on call) lol :lol:
All vehicles having CB's sounds a good idea at least 2 in each group (one on the front and one at the back) and ensure the leader of each group has mobile contact as well (just as back up)
I have been out on a few outings with Henry and 1 with Craig before and they have been gr8 days out.
If i can make the next one i will more than willingly lead another group. if we get the maps out b4 hand and plan a route just so we all no where we are going.

ITS NICE TO SEE PEOPLE DOING THINGS FOR THE CLUB THIS MEAL/LANEING IS IN EARLY STAGES, THERE IS BOUND TO BE A FEW MISTAKES WE JUST NEED LISTEN TO PEOPLES COMMENTS AND LEARN BY THEM.

Thanks Henry and Craig

Rob

Offline eugene

Attack Member
« Reply #152 on: December 01, 2008, 20:21:12 »
i had i good time after getting lost and henry i think ive got a couple of hand held cb il look then out for the 14dec
sj410 wifes offroader
1992 gold 5 door disco winch and bumper spots rooflights .2inch lift. khuno kl 71 265.75.16.rebel steering guard. snorkel
 freelander wifes car
www.norfolk4x4response.org.uk  www.brecklandlrc.co.uk/

Offline eugene

Attack Member
« Reply #153 on: December 01, 2008, 20:25:40 »
ok looks like ive missed something while i was at work
sj410 wifes offroader
1992 gold 5 door disco winch and bumper spots rooflights .2inch lift. khuno kl 71 265.75.16.rebel steering guard. snorkel
 freelander wifes car
www.norfolk4x4response.org.uk  www.brecklandlrc.co.uk/

Offline bobtailed disco

Attack Member
« Reply #154 on: December 01, 2008, 20:53:35 »
Will i am up for the next meet when ever that might be. (Just dont make it to l8 in the month as i am on call) lol :lol:
All vehicles having CB's sounds a good idea at least 2 in each group (one on the front and one at the back) and ensure the leader of each group has mobile contact as well (just as back up)
I have been out on a few outings with Henry and 1 with Craig before and they have been gr8 days out.
If i can make the next one i will more than willingly lead another group. if we get the maps out b4 hand and plan a route just so we all no where we are going.

ITS NICE TO SEE PEOPLE DOING THINGS FOR THE CLUB THIS MEAL/LANEING IS IN EARLY STAGES, THERE IS BOUND TO BE A FEW MISTAKES WE JUST NEED LISTEN TO PEOPLES COMMENTS AND LEARN BY THEM.

Thanks Henry and Craig

Rob

rob the next meet up is thetford lanes you are one of my tursties to lead a group surely you not forgotten

no henry not forgot about it. there never has been a prob with thetford lanes tho it always go's well, but there is a big list this time just have to see how many ppl turn up and sort numbers on the day and who go's in which group.

rob

Offline bobtailed disco

Attack Member
« Reply #155 on: December 01, 2008, 21:11:16 »
i know the list is for guide lines only but i have been in touch with the green lanes association and they say that if we travel in a max of 6 per group they wont take any notice to complaints that is why each group has a max of 6

Thats ok then i was only going by what others said
cheers rob

Offline JIMBOBLY

Attack Member
« Reply #156 on: December 01, 2008, 23:00:06 »
its jimbobly in the rangie that came on sunday,thanks to everyone who organised the event,it was a good day out,and good to meet people,every single one of you spoke to me,unlike the other club i joined,that after sunday dont think i will be spending much time with that lot again.ive read some of the issues going on here,and if everyone expresses their opinion properly,they will be respected for it im sure,we have got to abide by the rules,and not give the ramblers ammunition,i agree,but in my opinion,everything was spot on,looking forward to seeing you all,and more soon,jimbobly :D

Offline V8MoneyPit

Attack Member
« Reply #157 on: December 02, 2008, 09:03:32 »
.......and we are now finally getting a regular meet now which can only be a good thing in my eyes

We have had regular Norfolk/Suffolk pub meets, laning trips and visits to off road centres for the last 3 or 4 years. But I found that we would start a pub meet on a monthly basis and it went well for a while. But after a few months the numbers dwindled and we had little choice but to give up. Then the whole process would happen again 6 months later!!

Henry is putting in a lot of effort and I aplaud this. And it's great to see others starting to organise things too.
Rgds
Steve

"Reality is wrong. Dreams are for real."

Land Rover build:
www.daisythediesel.com

Photos (my other passion and weakness):
http://www.flickr.com/photos/v8moneypit/

Offline V8MoneyPit

Attack Member
« Reply #158 on: December 02, 2008, 11:06:57 »
At the risk of getting way off topic, the 'rep' thing was originally set up mainly to provide a point of reference for those travelling into the area. Not as an 'organiser'. Obviously, it has ended up being a bit that way sometimes  :roll:

So, I'd suggest carrying as you are and keep up the good work!
Rgds
Steve

"Reality is wrong. Dreams are for real."

Land Rover build:
www.daisythediesel.com

Photos (my other passion and weakness):
http://www.flickr.com/photos/v8moneypit/

Offline 4x4spud

Attack Member
« Reply #159 on: January 12, 2009, 16:28:10 »
hi steve hi gamg i aint dead just busy but looks if your still having fun . will hopefully tryt and make a few meets in the spring

happy new y'all
fail to prepare.. prepare to fail!

If it dont fit...force it. If ya cant force it...get a bigger hammer. If it breaks...it probably needed replacing anyway.

my rides
90 td5 h/top
tsx 350 honda quad
c125 husqvarna ride on
a builders wheel barrow
the wife

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal