AuthorTopic: Norfolk Meet - 30 Nov 2008  (Read 31309 times)

Offline bobtailed disco

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Norfolk Meet - 30 Nov 2008
« Reply #120 on: November 30, 2008, 20:47:24 »
sounds like you had a gr8 day. I was tempted to meet up for the lanes for a while but fell asleep at about 3 and didnt wake up untill 7.

So whens the next meet???

BETTER NOT BE WHEN I AM ON CALL LOL

Rob

Offline BigBlueBeast

Attack Member
    • RAF Marham, Norfolk
« Reply #121 on: November 30, 2008, 20:48:12 »
sounds like you had a gr8 day. I was tempted to meet up for the lanes for a while but fell asleep at about 3 and didnt wake up untill 7.

Rob
I'm going to get a full day planned in the first weekend of January, may be a white day!
http://www.NCCPhotography.co.uk
1997 'P' 300TDi Disco 1 called Daisy - Sold
1992 'K' Shogun Mk2 LWB called Misty - 4x roof spots
                                                          4x front spots - 440 watts TOTAL atm
                                                          CB fitted - channel 21 - All SOLD
1996 "P" Vauxhall Frontera - SOLD
1992 "J" Toyota Hilux - SOLD
1992 "J" Mitsubishi Pajero - SOLD
1995 "M" Land Rover Discovery V8 - SOLD
Next One - 1986 Land Rover 90, EX-Military Yellow - SOLD
1996 "P" Range Rover P38 4.6 HSE LPG Converted, Blue

'YOU NEVER KNOW UNLESS YOU TRY'

Offline eugene

Attack Member
« Reply #122 on: November 30, 2008, 20:52:24 »
mine was a bit skiddy ive giot to get use to the lift and mts but it made me laugh when i saw that tree coming at me.
a couple of pick with my new lift and mts on :D
« Last Edit: November 30, 2008, 20:58:18 by eugene »
sj410 wifes offroader
1992 gold 5 door disco winch and bumper spots rooflights .2inch lift. khuno kl 71 265.75.16.rebel steering guard. snorkel
 freelander wifes car
www.norfolk4x4response.org.uk  www.brecklandlrc.co.uk/

Offline bobtailed disco

Attack Member
« Reply #123 on: November 30, 2008, 20:56:11 »

Rob
I'm going to get a full day planned in the first weekend of January, may be a white day!

Sounds gr8 to me as i aint on call then :-)
Rob

Offline eugene

Attack Member
« Reply #124 on: November 30, 2008, 21:00:00 »
the last part of peddars way was very rutted and bumpy  :D
sj410 wifes offroader
1992 gold 5 door disco winch and bumper spots rooflights .2inch lift. khuno kl 71 265.75.16.rebel steering guard. snorkel
 freelander wifes car
www.norfolk4x4response.org.uk  www.brecklandlrc.co.uk/

Offline scousebird

Attack Member
« Reply #125 on: November 30, 2008, 22:04:30 »
Next time, it will be organised by myself.

Who organised this one then???

It started off at the wrong time and at the wrong place, it should have been an early start and an evening meal, then people can spin their dits over dinner.
We could have looked for a pub at the start of peddars way.

I don't agree with the off roading on the verges, thats what gives 4x4's a bad name and gives the antis ammunition.

Noone forced you to go fgs...it was stated some pages ago it was going to be night laning, if you didn't like that idea, you could have stayed at home and let everyone else have the fun alone.

Offline Mud-muncher1

Attack Member
« Reply #126 on: November 30, 2008, 22:53:42 »
Next time, it will be organised by myself.

Who organised this one then???

It started off at the wrong time and at the wrong place, it should have been an early start and an evening meal, then people can spin their dits over dinner.
We could have looked for a pub at the start of peddars way.

I don't agree with the off roading on the verges, thats what gives 4x4's a bad name and gives the antis ammunition.

Why so negative m8, no one twisted your arm to go, anyway i found it to be a good evenings trip out and as i travelled 90 odd miles to get there i have no complaints, A big thx go out to Craig and Henry for the invite

Jav.
If at first you don't succeed, try, try, then reverse over it...

Offline Mud-muncher1

Attack Member
« Reply #127 on: November 30, 2008, 23:00:06 »
And a big thx to Carol and Eugene for inviting us in for a cuppa  :D :D :D :D :D :D

Jav.

Offline bobtailed disco

Attack Member
« Reply #128 on: December 01, 2008, 03:02:32 »
personally i think norfolk lanes are to easy doing them in the dark is more interesting.

But saying that i wouldn't wanna do more than a few hrs in the dark. But you try stopping me from doing a full days laneing :-)

But each to there own
Rob

Offline digger

Attack Member
« Reply #129 on: December 01, 2008, 06:30:48 »
i reckon we should organise a weekend laneing and camping somewhere when the weather picks up
200tdi disco project
98 2 DOOR 300TDI DISCO  SUZUKI SJ  FORD TRANSIT suzuki vitara trayback disco project

Offline mudmuncher

Attack Member
« Reply #130 on: December 01, 2008, 07:40:35 »
I think you did well Henry. The club needs more people like yourself who are willing to comit to organising events. So many will tag along and complain at the end but will they do something about it? NO NO NO

AGAIN HENRY WELL DONE
*****MEN IN YELLOW DO IT WITH CONES*****

4.6ltr Range Rover P38
     1985 Mini
     Lunar Delta 500two caravan

Offline diggerdog36

Attack Member
  • I fixed my CD auto changer!!!!
« Reply #131 on: December 01, 2008, 09:35:04 »
I know I wasnt forced to go, but I thought Id turn up to give it a go,  I wanst happy with some things.  Thats why I voted with my feet and left.  With one of the organisers close behind me.  Weve moved down here from North Yorkshire where we have been laning for almost 10 years, and Ive never seen people have so much disregard for 'Greenlaning Rules'
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 14:20:47 by diggerdog36 »
2000 W Discovery Td5 ES

2" lift, Superwinch Epi9.5,  Mantec Snorkel, General Grabber AT2

Avoid employing unlucky people......simply bin half the applications!!!

Offline mudmuncher

Attack Member
« Reply #132 on: December 01, 2008, 13:24:34 »
I personally think that a few hours of 'good' green-laning is far better than a full day just for the sake of it. Maybe I would say that as it would cost a kings ransum (?) for me to do a full days green-laning in my petrol v8.
Truthfully I've lost interest in offroading but could just be tempted back into the fold with a few easy going night drives. Until then my Range Rover remains a Chelsea Tractor.

4.6ltr Range Rover P38
     1985 Mini

Offline DiscoDan

Attack Member
« Reply #133 on: December 01, 2008, 13:48:11 »
Hi.

This was my first MudClub event and first night laning event.  :shock:

Without wanting to sit on the fence I agree with most of the above. The exception being the posts that have a go at somebody for expressing a view,  [-X contructive criticism and reminding people of the greenlaning guidelines is how events can be improved.

The confusion seems to be partly because Craig was organising the event but Henry was booking the meal and leading the drive. I appreciate people giving up their time to run events as I wouldn't have the knowledge/experience to do it at this stage.

I found the meal good but think Craig is right about having a meal time, and a start time, some members were waiting for us to finish the meal for some time.

I also agree with Diggerdog about the Greenlaning guidelines. 9 is too many in a convoy, and means that those at the back don't receive the same communications. Things like driving over verges and parking outside peoples houses does lead to us getting a bad press and saying 'f**k them' is just a selfish attitude. It's because of people like this that off roaders are already barred from large numbers of greenlanes.  :angry:

As a new member I was worried about the issue of driving legal greenlanes and whether this had been checked by Henry in advance, it's fine to joke that 'it'll be ok' but I don't know if that was a joke or a serious answer! I for one don't want to get a notice from Police as described in the other thread on here. The description of excessive ruts described above could be in the section of lane with a voluntary restraint on it?

Just to clarify, I'm not saying we drove illegal lanes.

MudClub is an internet club with little control over members, if people have MudClub plastered on their vehicle they should respect the other members of MudClub and not bring it into disrepute. Is it the case that more formal clubs reject members that disregard the rules and they come here to play?

I enjoyed the night laning, and I would come again, it was good to meet others from the area and to find out that others have the same concerns as me regarding greenlaning. I did leave early, partly due to the time, partly the group size and actions, and partly wanting to see Top Gear!  :D

Thanks Craig & Henry, hope you can see my point of view.

Dan.

« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 14:54:20 by DiscoDan »
S.C.O.F.

Offline mudmuncher

Attack Member
« Reply #134 on: December 01, 2008, 14:20:36 »
Nice post Dan.  :clap: :clap:

I was not there. I can only go on what I read and as they say 'the mud is a little clearer now'.
It seams to me that the meal was the main point of the day and the green-lane secondary.
Maybe , just maybe the green-laning wasn't up to the normal high standard Henry usually sets when he arranges a green-laning run.
I'm sure lessons can be learnt and improvments made including a more detailed events timetable.
So come on lads,  make up and be friends  :dance: :dance:

Sorry Henry but the A47 needs me on the 14th

4.6ltr Range Rover P38
     1985 Mini

Offline DiscoDan

Attack Member
« Reply #135 on: December 01, 2008, 14:30:36 »
Hi.

I haven't fallen out with anyone! I was just posting my view of my first MudClub event, and the timing isn't the issue for me.

Thanks Henry for checking the lanes, as I said I appreciate the time people put in.

My concern about parking outside houses is about creating a poor image, not about legally being allowed to do it. Nobody wants a queue of cars outside in the dark, especially families and the elderly.

And yes, I will fix the cb!

Cheers, Dan
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 15:50:44 by DiscoDan »
S.C.O.F.

Offline mudmuncher

Attack Member
« Reply #136 on: December 01, 2008, 14:39:21 »
not more cones going up cant you boys do the work on christmas day when the roads are empty  :lol: :lol: as for this meet up i was only trying to help out it is only a few what was moaning about the times

We only carry 30 cones in the van.
What we do best is completely close the road and send you all on a 30 mile plus diversion.  :lol:
So next time you see only few cones out think yourself lucky. I could have been there with my 'road closed' sign  :lol:

4.6ltr Range Rover P38
     1985 Mini

Offline Mud-muncher1

Attack Member
« Reply #137 on: December 01, 2008, 15:13:07 »

MudClub is an internet club with little control over members, if people have MudClub plastered on their vehicle they should respect the other members of MudClub and not bring it into disrepute. Is it the case that more formal clubs reject members that disregard the rules and they come here to play?

[/quote]

Dan, Just to get this right, as i was the only person there who had  big MC stickers plastered all over the front of my truck i was acting out of order, if so then i think you need to get your fact's right first m8 and keep your comments to yourself.

Jav.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 15:24:23 by Fruitloop »

Offline BigBlueBeast

Attack Member
    • RAF Marham, Norfolk
« Reply #138 on: December 01, 2008, 15:21:47 »

Just to get this right, as i was the only person there who had  big MC stickers plastered all over the front of my truck i was acting out of order, if so then i think you need to get your fact's right first m8 and keep your comments to yourself.

Jav.
[/quote]Sorry Jav, but there were a few of us with MUD CLUB on our motors,  and dan is going on what has bees said earlier, as he was one of the rear cars.

Offline Mud-muncher1

Attack Member
« Reply #139 on: December 01, 2008, 15:38:27 »
Nothing of noticable size in which to advertise MC

Jav.

Offline V8MoneyPit

Attack Member
« Reply #140 on: December 01, 2008, 17:29:13 »
Hey guys. Just thought I'd better step in here before it gets out of hand. So far, it's remained on the right side of polite, so let's keep it that way please.

It is obvious that some have concern over what went on. Different people will have different views on what is right and wrong. Let's keep that in mind and be broad minded about it.

However, the way I read it, there was a convoy of 9 vehicles. This not only goes against the laning guidelines, but against my polite request before the event took place. The guidelines are not rules, so ultimately you can do as you wish. But in joining this club you agree to abide by the guidelines which suggest no more than 4 vehicles in a group. I would like to request that this is adhered to in future please.
Rgds
Steve

"Reality is wrong. Dreams are for real."

Land Rover build:
www.daisythediesel.com

Photos (my other passion and weakness):
http://www.flickr.com/photos/v8moneypit/

Offline digger

Attack Member
« Reply #141 on: December 01, 2008, 17:57:41 »
regarding the group size i didnt hear anybody voicing their worries about the group size at the time if anybody would of said somthing we would of split up but most of the time we were quite far apart from eachother we sorter had to little group anyway
« Last Edit: December 01, 2008, 18:01:32 by bigscott »
200tdi disco project
98 2 DOOR 300TDI DISCO  SUZUKI SJ  FORD TRANSIT suzuki vitara trayback disco project

Offline BigBlueBeast

Attack Member
    • RAF Marham, Norfolk
« Reply #142 on: December 01, 2008, 18:02:41 »
It did drop down to 7 about an hour into it as Diggerdog36 and myself left due to babies bedtimes!! And as said, we split at the pub into 2 groups! then one group split again when I carried on to meet everyone at the petrol station. Then again when we left the petrol station as some missed the first turning!!

Offline Mud-muncher1

Attack Member
« Reply #143 on: December 01, 2008, 18:04:31 »
This is true, yes 9 trucks did leave the pub, but as like everything there is always the choice to say NO if people don't feel comfortable going, it's all good and well stick waving and witch hunting, but when it boils down to it everyone was accountable not just a select few as thing seem to be argued.

Jav.

As like most things in life, i don't mind bitting the bullet but when people start having ago at others i.e friends and sometime myself, i'm going to be the first to jump in with two feet as a sheet of paper always has two sides not just the face.

Offline V8MoneyPit

Attack Member
« Reply #144 on: December 01, 2008, 18:06:16 »
regarding the group size i didnt hear anybody voicing their worries about the group size if anybody would of said somthing we would of split up but most of the time we were quite far apart

I requested before the event that the group sizes were restricted to a max of 4 if at all possible. It is also in the guidelines that everyone agrees to when they join Mud Club.

It did drop down to 7 about an hour into it as Diggerdog36 and myself left due to babies bedtimes!! And as said, we split at the pub into 2 groups! then one group split again when I carried on to meet everyone at the petrol station. Then again when we left the petrol station as some missed the first turning!!

That's good. Sometimes it is better just to formalise groups right at the start. It just makes keeping them together a whole lot easier and reduces the risk of conflict with the natives  :D
Rgds
Steve

Land Rover build:
www.daisythediesel.com

Offline BigBlueBeast

Attack Member
    • RAF Marham, Norfolk
« Reply #145 on: December 01, 2008, 18:09:12 »
Now I would like to say a Big thank you to Henry for helping me organise this, we will be organising another meet, but it will be one to suit all tastes! There will be the day laning, and afterwards, there will be night laning for those who feel day laning isn't challenging enough. If there are enough people, we will try and split into 3 or even 4 groups of a max of 5, ideally groups of 4, and have a leader for each group, doing different sets of lanes.

Offline V8MoneyPit

Attack Member
« Reply #146 on: December 01, 2008, 18:10:00 »
This is true, yes 9 trucks did leave the pub, but as like everything there is always the choice to say NO if people don't feel comfortable going, it's all good and well stick waving and witch hunting, but when it boils down to it everyone was accountable not just a select few as thing seem to be argued.

I don't think anyone has suggested witch hunting, or are even waving sticks! But a couple of people have expressed their concerns which they are perfectly entitled to do. And as you say, when they felt uncomfortable, they left. Or at least one did, anyway.
Rgds
Steve

Land Rover build:
www.daisythediesel.com

Offline digger

Attack Member
« Reply #147 on: December 01, 2008, 18:13:08 »
if everybody had a cb it would of been a lot easier to group because a lot of people didnt no the route and especially in the dark
200tdi disco project

Offline BigBlueBeast

Attack Member
    • RAF Marham, Norfolk
« Reply #148 on: December 01, 2008, 18:14:12 »
I think next time, it would be best to have the groups with every other car have a CB or be in contact via mobile if unable to.

Offline V8MoneyPit

Attack Member
« Reply #149 on: December 01, 2008, 18:15:31 »
if everybody had a cb it would of been a lot easier to group because a lot of people didnt no the route and especially in the dark

Good point. Might be worth suggesting a CB is required on future runs if the numbers get too much for one group.
Rgds
Steve

Land Rover build:
www.daisythediesel.com

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal