AuthorTopic: Up Dated Lightweight  (Read 893 times)

Offline CHIPFAT

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Up Dated Lightweight
« on: September 12, 2008, 22:44:13 »
Ive been considering a conversion to 110 axles on my lightweight (Ive got a rotton 110), and have read loads of posts about range rover axles on series landys.

I'm trying to get that almost standard look if you know what i mean !!! (if it looks original less questions ;))

I like the 110s axles as the rear is a salisbury with drum breaks (so wont look to out of place on an older vehicle)

When it comes to mounting the axles I'm thinking of making new mounts for the front axle that are around an inch higher than standard (I'm fitting parabolics to, so the height i gain i can afford to lose) to avoid the clashing with the spring issues.

I was thinking of removing the master cylinder and servo from the 110 as well to keep a matched set as regards the breaks.

i already have extended arches (i think they should be wide enough to cope)
and i want to fit LWB rims to keep it looking as standard (ish) as poss.
Pipeline plans are 200tdi and maybe the 110s lt77 5 speeder we will see?

Can anybody see any other issues with the fitting of the any of these parts in the lightweight.
Cheers Pete.

2x 200tdi Disco's ....V8 Rangie.(Breaking) ....Landie 110 Pickup.(rusted chassis, open to offers)
Scrap Metal, Cars And Light Vans Collected

Offline ian_s

Attack Member
Re: Up Dated Lightweight
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2008, 08:59:18 »
the 110 gearbox is longer than the series box, and the salisbury diff nose is also longer than the standard rover type, so i think you might have some length issues there.
you'd probably have to move the engine forward to make space.
series 3 - 200tdi
Discovery V8

Offline CHIPFAT

Attack Member
Re: Up Dated Lightweight
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2008, 00:41:32 »
Cheers for that,
I forgot that the salisbury is slightly longer,
I've also got a rangie and a disco so i could use those if need be,
But that raises another question will the 110 brake master cylinder be up to the job of discs on the rear?
As for the g/box does anybody know the difference in length from a 110 compared to the series?
Could i move the axle forwards or back on the springs to compensate (having to make new mountings anyway and there is loads of room in the lightweight arches)

Id like to keep as many standard parts as possable to keep replacements easy!

2x 200tdi Disco's ....V8 Rangie.(Breaking) ....Landie 110 Pickup.(rusted chassis, open to offers)
Scrap Metal, Cars And Light Vans Collected

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal