AuthorTopic: Wifeys new car!  (Read 583 times)

Offline marky

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Wifeys new car!
« on: August 30, 2008, 21:49:07 »
We've finally replaced the Sharan that was stolen a couple of months ago.
We've been all over the place looking at various different 7 seaters and we saw loads! We saw loads of galaxys/ sharans- that were all scruffy or high miles, sevaral other makes that we didn't really like, and I've never trusted a renault! We were getting fed up touring round, doing more and more miles, and looking at all sorts.
We nearly got a Delica! But now we're a two Disco family!
The wifes always liked my disco -apart from the rear seats and belts, but we didn't really think about a Td5, and didn't think we could afford one. We found a nice dark green ES with cream leather and wood trim, 18" rims, steps and much more refined that my Disco and its now sitting on the drive! The Mrs loves it, the kids love it and I'm quite pleased with it too.

We've had it a few days, but I can't for the life of me work out how to resize the photos to show everyone :huh:,

http://www.mud-club.com/galleries/marky/1220137871/0/1220137871-4340-DSC00018.JPG/
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 00:37:19 by marky »
Lifted Disco on BFG MTs .......and loving it!

Wifey now has Disco Td5 es

Offline lee celtic

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
Re: Wifeys new car!
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2008, 22:12:16 »
Just stick it in your gallery and link to it  ;)

I'm green with envy as my wife wants a figaro :roll:
so many hills , so little time ....
discovery TD5
work in progress...lol

Offline marky

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2008, 00:41:47 »
Just like that :dance: Thanks lee

Offline peasey

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2008, 06:12:47 »
Well done mate that looks like a nice one,we had a sharan and a galaxy and i hated them both until i bought my discovery.may i ask how much you paid for her as the mrs has been asking about these and like you i have always said they are out of our price range?
  I see by your profile you live in stoke ferry,i used to stay there as a boy in the summer holidays with my aunt and uncle,he was the local handy man (his name was mick and his wife was called wendy) about 15 or so years ago what a lovely place to live.All the best with your new motor mate,i hope she gives you many miles of trouble free motoring
HIT IT AND HIT IT HARD

Offline marky

Attack Member
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2008, 11:38:28 »
Its on a '99 T plate and its done over 100k, but all the service stamps are LR dealers and it has a stack of LR dealers receipts - nearly £10k worth! The outside is spotless and so is the interior. It only had a couple of weeks mot left, but the vendor told us he'd pay for a new one and he'd pick up the bill, again from the dealer. Hes even going so send me the seat covers when he gets them out of the loft.
Its even got a LR spare bulb kit, both the original rear headphones in case as good as new, and a spotless spare wheel kit/bag complete with the chocks in the back pocket and came with over half a tank of diesel. The last 2 owners have really looked after it.
We found it on Ebay and saw that it was fairly local and from the description you could tell that the owner was genuine, so much that we didn't even go to see it. We'd been looking at cars for around £4000, but the winning bid was £3727 :dance:

Offline KingWolf

Attack Member
    • Spalding, Lincs
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2008, 20:03:21 »
£3727 That's a fantastic price.

Well done that man... :clap: :clap: :clap:
96' Discovery XS TDI with Muds, Lightbar, Snorkel, Guardian Tank Guard, Steering Guard, Wading Kit, Winch Bumper and Winch...!!!! Lift kit next..... :-)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal