Vehicle & Technical > Discovery

ABS Fault

<< < (3/5) > >>

karlo:
Dave & Myself did ours yesterday, a 95 Disco and a 97 Disco, the wires in both plugs are a green with red trace and either of the 2 black wires (both earth). The relay is under the glove box in a tray with lots of others, there is a 13mm nut at the front of the tray which then drops down, the relay for the abs is green (there are 2 green relays under there on the left of the tray) mine was the 2nd relay back tho' Dave's was at the front of the tray, I think some one had changed his around.

If you click the thumb nail it will enlarge then click the pic to enlarge it again.

I picked this up on the web somewhere, Its not written by me and although it worked on ours you use these instructions entirely at your own risk.

Dave:
Good job done that mate. Sounds a pain to do but it was easy when you get stuck in.

Lucy1978:
I'm trying to do this on a 1995 (M reg 300tdi) disco for Tim M at the moment, I've found the relay, (I think) but I can't find the diagnostic socket anywhere (there's nothing in the trim below the steering wheel, no blue socket under a seat).
can some one post up a photo of where I should be looking and what I'm looking for please :)

karlo:
Mine being a late 95 is on the left side near the centre console in the lower plastic trim that fits above the pedals

Lucy1978:
Thanks for the photos Karlo, it confirms that this truck doesn't have that kind of socket.  Guess I need to go looking for a 5 pin socket the earlier models had, anyone know where I should be looking?

Chris

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version