AuthorTopic: anti roll bar removell  (Read 4579 times)

Offline Disco_Stu

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Any chance of a tow...?
  • Referrals: 0
Re: anti roll bar removell
« Reply #30 on: September 07, 2008, 10:45:39 »
I finaly got round to polybushing my radius arms yesterday, in the process I removed the anti-roll bar.
I've decided to leave it off to see what difference it makes, I'll be re-fitting it if it seems unstable or wayward in any way.

I spend much more time on the road than off it in my motor, gotta have a bit of balance between articulation and control.

Stu.
1994 300Tdi Disco    

Snorkel now complete.... http://forum.difflock.com/viewtopic.php?t=1906&highlight=

Offline Range Rover Blues

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
  • Referrals: 0
Re: anti roll bar removell
« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2008, 12:42:15 »
RRB - i have standard Disco with police rear springs and Southdown Tank Guard and still managed to fit with out modifying ARB mounts  :-k this is the second time i have heard this about them needing modifying, have i done something wrong  [-o<

You were probably lucky.  When new the Southdown comes undrilled at the sides, you jack it up untill it contacts the chassi aheadof the fuel tank and drill it in place.  It often fouls the rear ARB slightly, as my ARB brackets had been retro fitted I didn't trust they were correct but I've since found others had the same thing happen.  Just one of those things I guess, if yours fits without spacers then all the better.

On a lifted disco, what prevents you from just fitting the arb with the short links going upwards from the axle? Does the arb links have to go below the axle mounts to clear items like the exhaust?

Firstly they will hit the bottom of the spring, possibly damage the brake pips and fight the rear lower suspension link for control of the axle.

Secondly it limits the droop travel of the rear axle slightly IIRC :-k but making the rear ARB effectively stiffer (it's a geometry thing).
Blue,  1988  Range Rover 3.5 EFi with plenty of toys bolted on
Chuggaboom, 1995 Range Rover Classic
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal