Vehicle & Technical > Not Anything Listed Above....

Heavy Metal

<< < (3/3)

strapping young lad:
ah the most steepest of stumbling blocks!

Darren:

--- Quote from: "Bush Tucker Man" ---Darren, it resembles what used to be colloquially known as a 'Moxy', bit like a Gamma Goat or Volvo Hagglunder with the hydraulically powered    centre-pivot steer
--- End quote ---

Very much so, only bigger  :lol:  The steering is, to put it mildly, wierd, as you are sitting way out over the front axle. but the most disturbing thing is the pivot on the longitudinal axis. This allows the front wheels to move up and down (tilting the cab) independantly of the back, in lieu of long travel suspension. The down side is that it's quite easy to lie the back of the truck on it's side because there's no sensation of movement from the drivers seat. By the time you see it's going, it's usually gone too far to recover. When this happens you just find the nearest big excavator to push it back upright again  :lol:

Also, did I mention that it's got four pedals, and none of them is a clutch? It's great fun to drive  :D

strapping young lad:
coolest thing ive drivedn is a new holland forage harvester

500+ horsepower and total comfort!

Bush Tucker Man:
Perhaps I was a bit 'off' in my phrasing Darren.
A 'Moxy' is (probably) the forerunner of the Volvo you pictured, it was exactly the same layout.

I mentioned the Gamma Goat & HaggLunder as comparables in terms of steering action.

strapping young lad:
are you referring to vehicles that articulate in the middle both ways (twist side to side and up and down?)

if so

JCB 410 series do this and are much fun to drive and are comfier on the road than any landrover (helps having an air cushion seat and aircon and excellent view!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version