AuthorTopic: Bearmach or Britpart  (Read 1514 times)

Offline WHITE WHULF

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Bearmach or Britpart
« on: July 20, 2008, 09:18:41 »
Hi all :)

Thanks in advance for taking a couple of minutes to read this. Its been a while since I've been on these forums, change of circumstances has prevented me from doing much off roading this year :( Hopefully will be back into it this year, which brings me to the point (Finally :P)

I have just discovered that I need to replace the rear X member on my 1984 90, the nearside rear body mount has completely collapsed and there is a large hole in the chassis where the mount used to be welded on, the rear faces of the X Member are also starting to badly corrode (N/S worse than O/S but both pretty bad)

I've found several very good and detailed explanations on various forums on how to replace the X Member itself but my question is which should I buy? Is the Bearmach one better the Britpart one, or are they both the same part?

Thanks

Whulf
Don`t blindly follow where others lead, go you own way, and leave a trail. which, being in a Land Rover, will be of oil.

Offline CJ

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Bearmach or Britpart
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 11:46:10 »
Hi mate, from my experiance of selling both Britpart and bearmach, i would go for the bearmach part.  They are both different... the Britpart ones do have a nicer paint finish but the BM ones seem to be constructed better..and fit  :lol:

Hope this helps,

Cheers Chris  :afro:
be warned the curley haired one is here !

www.lrbreakers.com

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal