AuthorTopic: 300tdi engine out-new one in but not running yet  (Read 359 times)

Offline muddyjames

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
300tdi engine out-new one in but not running yet
« on: July 01, 2008, 18:10:01 »
Some of you may remember that my disco overheated big time on the M1 at the begginning of May.

A few weekends ago some friends came up with another engine from a 300tdi ex police support unit that had doen 90k miles. Half the mileage of mine. the disco it came out of had been taken off road by someone and trashed the body work but the engine was still fine. I was told so fingers crossed!

It took all weekend to get the old engine out and new one in with enough bolts to hold it in place.

That was 3 weekends ago. Since then I have got all the engine mounts in, power steering pipes, rads in and pipes from it attatched, exhaust bolted back on, starter motor in, air con bolted on but need to re do a wire that has been broken for nearly 3 years now.

Whilst taking the old engine out I found a lovely  :-k mix of veg oil and water in the coolant system and fuel system. So somtething somewhere gave up the ghost and ended up mixing water and fuel together. I think it may have been the heat exchanger. If it is I shall be on to the comapny I bought it from 5 months ago and wanting more than a refund. It has cost me £600 so far to get a new engine in.  :shocked: :roll: :twisted:

This new engine which is only a year older than my old engine has different wiring  :doh:and no egr.  :dance:

Anyone have any idea where the temp sensor could be? On the old one it was ontop of the engine and the wires melted when it over heated and went black. nearly an engine fire then.  :shocked:

So all I can think of that I need to do is.........

re connect fuel pipes and try and incorporate both tanks from veg oil system but will have diesel in now, no veg oil.
throttle and work out kick down system for auto box.
wiring.  :-k
flush out heater matrix and re attatch pipes.
fix fuel filter to bulk head
bolt on egr blanking plate

once engine is up and running change oil and fan belts.

anyone think of any other job i need to do?
Rover 620i 223,000 miles on the clock :)
1995 300tdi auto ES Disco. Big Green Giant

Most expensive item for a Disco is????? a round piece of paper stuck on the windscreen!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal