AuthorTopic: icelandic krona  (Read 3045 times)

Offline tonka toy

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
icelandic krona
« on: June 23, 2008, 17:42:35 »
hi all,

went to change some money into icelandic krona ready for my holiday, when i got there the person behind the counter said that they preferred sterling or dollars in iceland.

can anybody who`s been advise me if this is true as we are not going any where near the capital,we will be in the interior and i would have thought that krona would be better? :-k

cheers
 neil

Offline thermidorthelobster

Attack Member
Re: icelandic krona
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 18:31:43 »
They didn't in 2005;  they preferred Kroner, which isn't too surprising given it's the national currency.  It may have changed but unless anybody knows otherwise I'd stick with Kroner.

NOBODY prefers dollars!  You might as well wipe your bum with dollars, for all the use they are these days;  which suggests to me that the person behind the counter is talking out of theirs.  I tried to pay a bribe in Mauritania in dollars and actually got the note thrown angrily back at me!
David French
Tree-hugging communist
1999 Discovery II TD5 Manual
Patriot roof rack, QT Services diff guards front & rear, DiscoParts steering guard[/url], Autologic ECU upgrade, 2" Old Man Emu lift, 235/85R16 BF Goodrich All Terrains, Safari snorkel, DiscoParts jackable sills, Warn Tabor 9000

Ex Disco 200TDI, P38a 4.6HSE and 101FC 6x6 Camper.  Africa Trip Blog

Offline tonka toy

Attack Member
Re: icelandic krona
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 21:19:16 »
david,

thanks for that, i thought they would prefer their own currency, but when somebody puts the seed of doubt in your head.

four weeks till we go, time to make sure i've got everything and the car is o.k.

cheers

neil

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal