AuthorTopic: Trip to Bulgaria (Again)  (Read 2480 times)

Offline dlw

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Trip to Bulgaria (Again)
« on: May 20, 2008, 20:03:49 »
30/6/08

This will be my 3rd driving trip to Bulgaria, 1st trip was from Holland where I was living at the time, stopped in Austria, Hungary and an unscheduled stop in Serbia because I didn't have the right paperwork to get the company car across the serbian/Bulgarian border. Finally a day later and lots of phone calls got a letter faxed from the company and they didn't even look at it on the border. On the way back stopped in Slovakia for a few hours then had 2 night in a 5* hotel in Prague, decided to stay longer and miss Berlin out.

Last year UK to Bulgaria in 32 hours stopping to pee and sleep for 2 hours, had to stop in Romania going to the ferry to get to Bulgaria because somebody had put a large branch/small tree across the road which I hit at about 70mph at 3am, got to ferry and they would let me cross because I had no front plate, the police where called had to go and see the chief about 2 hour later and he said we could cross, got stopped 2 more times and had to make a temp plate with card, laminator and big marker.
On the way back it took about 35 hours wife was with me who had flown out before I drove there.

Next trip, little bit slower Mitsi L200 30mpg instead of 50mpg Skoda. Setting off Friday 30th, getting midnight ferry £44 return on Norfolkline, driving to Vienna, Austria, camping next to the Danube River then setting off to Bugaria
Should be doing a bit of off-roading while I am there and might be looking into buying some land for an off-road center. Look for further posts soon  :D

On the way back we will be stopping in Budapest then to Koblenz for 2 nights to have day trip for my 2 year old who is car mad to the Nurburgring Nordschleife.

Then home

Link to google map of route

It's only 1700 miles one way does it count as overlanding??

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal