AuthorTopic: Dizzy change.!!?  (Read 639 times)

Offline R2D2

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • "Old Tart" white, new "Jump-Jet" blue one 2xLPG
  • Referrals: 0
Dizzy change.!!?
« on: April 30, 2008, 13:54:53 »
Hi Guys.

Would like to change my Dizzy/coil/amp setup on the 3.5 rrc efi. mainly 'cos I keep drowning the amp on mine which is both expensive and located on the wing under the coil.

Have picked up, from a 3.5 efi 'H' reg (mine is a D reg) a  dizzy (with the smaller bolt on amp) plus the coil with all leads as well.  This car was running when it arrived at the breaker's yard.

So my question is:  Is it a straight swap and is the wiring an issue? 8-[  8-[

I know I will have to make sure the dizzy goes in on the exact same position as mine comes out or it may never run again  :shock: 

All advice welcomed.

Rgds  David
:smiley:

Gosh, this water's deep!!! Only comes half-way up that duck.

Offline iomlr

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Dizzy change.!!?
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2008, 10:51:05 »
the wiring to the coil may be different as at the moment and guessing you only have 1 wire from the coil to the dizzy? could be wrong. but no biggy thou wack it in wire her up not rocket science and then she'll need timining up after. 
Bobtail Range Rover 300tdi Manual
Body lifted, Gywn Lewis Challenge Suspension. Mach 5's with Jungle trekker Tyres ARB Locking Diffs Front and Rear. Steering Guard and Axel / Track Rod Guard. Modified bumpers front and rear Custome Rock sliders. Roccia Comp Arches,  Eleci Fans with X switch.

V8 90 County Defender. Rebuilt with galvanised chassi and bulkhead, Tubular sports manifodls and sports pipe. Old Man Emu suspension, under axel guard. BFGoodrich Muds on Mods.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal