AuthorTopic: legalities of a stick on number plate  (Read 5865 times)

Offline Hightower

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Re: legalities of a stick on number plate
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2008, 08:58:33 »
I have a sticky plate on the front of the Disco.  Before I stuck it on I took it round to my man does does the MOT for me and discussed where it should go.  It now sits on the front edge of the bonnet where the old 'Land Rover' sticker was.

Funnily enough it's never failed the MOT or been pulled up by the police  ;)
Simon
1998 Disco Series II Td5 - Not standard
1972 88" Series 3 - The project

Macmillan 4x4 UK Challenge
1st Overall - 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2006, 2005
3rd Overall - 2007

Offline Saffy

Attack Member
    • The Bell Inn, Imber.
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2008, 09:24:25 »
The Urban Survivalist Guide says that one should keep their vehicle visually legal as to not attract attention of the authorities at a time when you least want them too - when transporting bodies - weapons for the underground, food for the freeloaders etc because sod's law will apply - you will get pulled for that illegal numberplate you have driven with for 30 thousand mile previously and risk blowing your whole gig.

THE WOLF: About the car, is there anything I need to know? Does it stall, does it make a lot of noise, does it smoke, is there gas in it, anything?

JULES: Aside from how it looks, the car's cool.

THE WOLF: Positive? Don't get me out on the road and I find out the brake lights don't work.

JULES: Hey man, as far as I know, da mother's tip-top.

:D

Okay the above is a bit of fun, but in my experience it best not to give *them* an excuse - that day you accidentally cut up a traffic cop on a roundabout and get pulled... good chance the smallest thing wrong with your ride will get picked up on. I have had my tyre pressures, wipers, screen washes, lights, horn all checked before - "Just routine winter check sir" :police:

« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 09:33:27 by Saffy »
.swonk eno oN .esoht dna eseht ,siht dna taht ,wollof ot selur emos teg eW

Offline 4 landies

Attack Member
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2008, 14:01:19 »

If the trailer or caravan was made after 1/9/01 then it must have the correct plates. As it's been illegal in england  & wales to sell non compliant plates since that date, However in scotland the regs don't apply so if you bought the plates while you were on hols in jockland. then there's nothing plod can do about it.

MMMMM , sure i bought them on a visit north of the border  ;) ;)
2008 khartoum
2001 td5 disco
1997 300tdi disco
1981 series 3 lightweight

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal