AuthorTopic: 200tdi Exhaust  (Read 463 times)

Offline Chris Putt

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
200tdi Exhaust
« on: April 19, 2008, 15:35:32 »
Afternoon all,

Im fed up with my 200tdi's rear silencer and tailpipe getting bent/squashed when out playing- Its rattling against something now because it has been bent too many times now!

I have been looking around and have sort of come up with the following options........

a) Side exit through the rear quarter (although It has been mentioned MOTers may take offence) which looks tidy when done properly and keeps everything tucked out of the way.

b) A friend of mine has aquired a rear silencer and Tailpipe section WE think off a range rover of some kind. Its quite compact round silencer, which is straight and has a straight tailpipe. We could tuck this right up under the side of the boot floor, and exit through a hole in the rear bumper- Not sure if anyone has done anything similar? - looks quite meaty too!

Also wondering if anyone has any experience of whether there is anything to be gained with loosing the midle silencer? I have read somewhere that loosing the middle silencer but keepinbg the rear is the way to go for optimum noise/performance?

Chris
'Its Gripped'
'Its sorted!'
'Lets Offroad!'

Offline Range Rover Blues

Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
Re: 200tdi Exhaust
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2008, 15:37:03 »
Tuck the silencer right up to the floor and have a turned down rear pipe with a horizontal cut-off so none of it projects below the bodywork.
Blue,  1988  Range Rover 3.5 EFi with plenty of toys bolted on
Chuggaboom, 1995 Range Rover Classic
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

Offline Disco-Ron

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2008, 20:05:35 »
This is mine, i too got fed up of it getting in the way... but when it falls apart, i'll be starting from scratch right from the front!!

gone from 200tdi.... to 300tdi... still with loads done to it, in fact, even more than the last truck...LOL!!!

Offline bilge rat

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2008, 10:23:31 »
did mine a while back . never bothered the mot . i used to be a tester and cant think of any rulling about it, think this has been covered before.some mercs have side exits and kit cars , so personaly would worry...alan..

Offline Chris Putt

Attack Member
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2008, 12:15:46 »
Alan, Did you loose the rear sliencer or just put a right angle bend in the pipe off it?
'Its Gripped'
'Its sorted!'
'Lets Offroad!'

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal