AuthorTopic: help required please.  (Read 3232 times)

Offline Sharpshooter

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Re: help required please.
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2008, 18:47:54 »
Ive just checked the receipt, i collected the car 01/02/2008 and the mileage was 142920, and today the clock just clicked over to 143000 miles,

as we have a "small " runaround for work/school run etc...the disco has been sat outside till Wednesday, decided to wash it as it looked in a dumped state, took it for a run down the motorway and back , and that's when  i noticed the sagging/drooping..
Swmbo called Green oval, and he stated he would not replace any of the springs as he fitted what i requested,

If the parts are under guarantee and he refuses to replace them , my hands are now washed with Green Oval Garage and their staff, and i should have gone to one of the garages that come recommended.

As one of them stated, "we dont advise customers to  fit sh**, and we dont get any comeback, and we have happy customers "   WELL SAID

After doing a quick google search on "britpart " its amazing how many people are not happy with their products,maybe i should have looked into this further before hand, but when you take someone's advice on board and trust them , and cost wasnt a problem here, all i asked for was decent gear to be fitted that would last its course, ie as said by crazymac, 40-50 thousand miles.....

I agree that Britpart parts arnt always the best. But you do get what you pay for. As for lots of complaints. They do sell millions of parts each year. So expect a few complaints. I have Britpart springs on my Disco, and i had them on my 110. And i didnt have any complaints about them.

Offline Range Rover Blues

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2008, 19:29:29 »
Well I've got some britpart to replace my sagging 2" lift, they are blue and came form Simonites, so are either ProComp or Bearmach at a guess.  These have sagged but I'm thinking that if I fit a 2" lift spacer to the rear balljoint that mu self-leveller will come back into play :-k
Blue,  1988  Range Rover 3.5 EFi with plenty of toys bolted on
Chuggaboom, 1995 Range Rover Classic
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

muddymart

« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2008, 17:05:20 »
Im not dissing britpart at all here,  its just i take my car to a garage, and if he's that big a landrover fanatic, he really should know what he his selling and fitting,if he advised me to fit genuine heavy duty equipment, i would have gone along with that as well,  and i can take part of the blame as well, as i really should have looked into this spring business before hand, like i said in a previous post, you tend to trust someone who knows...

well the 80 mile old springs, will be going on ebay thursday, unless someone wants to make me an offer??
« Last Edit: March 30, 2008, 17:10:17 by martinwf5 »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal