Vehicle & Technical > Discovery

Blog my ride: Discovery 300 TDi -lowering + sorting

<< < (2/9) > >>

John Clayton:
Well, I have to nominate www.discoparts.com for the 'Worst customer service award 2008'.  Mark (boss of Discoparts) and I initially talked through my order at length and he promised to get back to me by the next day.  However, he then took on a 2nd job (for which he could ill afford the time, apparently) and was away from Discoparts nearly all the time.  None of his employees were allowed to quote a price on anything (so therefore can't sell it!), and I left countless messages for him over 3-4 weeks.  I never got called back once (although I was promised 'he will get back to you in a couple of days' so many times).  Completely useless -and very rude, frankly.   [-X They have effectively ceased trading as far as I can tell.   
I don't need to be messed about by people, especially when I'm trying to give them 100s of pounds of trade! 

I then went to Peter of Exeter 4x4 who was a lot better.  The following was ordered:

4x Britpart springs (to lower it from 3" to 2"
Wide angle front propshaft £132.00 plus vat
P Gasket for water pump P gasket     Â£2.78 plus vat (genuine metal one!)
Steering drag link
Auxiliary drive belt  £6.77 plus vat.
2x Front wheel bearings
QT rear diff guard
Prop joints (GKN £6.83 each plus vat)
Rear a frame balljoint (adjustable one at £16.50 all plus vat)
Service kit inc Engine oil

muddymart:

--- Quote from: Neat40 on April 13, 2008, 20:18:06 ---Well, I have to nominate www.discoparts.com for the 'Worst customer service award 2008'.
--- End quote ---

well that isnt really fair Neat40 as i already have a garage awaiting the said award !!!

can we have a thread for "garages that dont give a donkeys excrement "

Xtremeteam:
have to say one thing,

they saw you coming :lol: :lol:

John Clayton:
Here's a question, then:
If you want to avoid corrosion you've got to jetwash the mud off the underneath after an off-roading day, but this could blast the grease out of the bearings e.g. prop UJs (Catch 22).  How do you guys deal with this?

Anyone tried Waxoyl, Dinitrol or http://www.before-n-after.co.uk/ for rust-proofing?

wizard:
The ujs are sealed to stop crud getting in. Once you have washed all the mud off give each uj a squirt of grease.

wizard :twisted:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version