AuthorTopic: suzuki suspension  (Read 544 times)

Offline martyn

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
suzuki suspension
« on: February 25, 2008, 13:19:34 »
Hi
Gents i just got sold my R/R classic, and thought Suzi's were a bit of a joke until recently what an eye opener accept my humblest apologies. 

Looking to build a trialer and it has to be a suzi one of the reasons is weight as i will need to to tow this vehicle to and from events with a 5 series BMW
Couple of questions what engines fit in these i have heard of 2litre Astra engines but don't know anything about suzi so will have to learn.
What suspension is best i did think of getting a R/R chassis and running gear and putting a suzi shell on top i certainly don't like the sound of leaf springs brings back memories of my series3 days too loud too uncomfortable for a man of my years.Can i put spring + dampers on this

Any help on this will be great fully received

Offline Friskydisco

Attack Member
Re: suzuki suspension
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2008, 17:06:20 »
If you swap to a RR chassis, you are losing the Sj's best asset, lightness, coil conversions can be got quite easily and will give whatever lift you want,engine wise i personally would go for a 1.7 izuzu turbo diesel as fitted to some astra vans etc, combine this with a 2l carlton 5 speed box and you would be amazed at the difference, skys the limit with modding Zuk's, money makes it easier put it that way  :D

Offline martyn

Attack Member
Re: suzuki suspension +lots of info req'd
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2008, 21:26:36 »
Thanks for reply
But i need more info what zuki is best for what i intend to do, there are lots of SJ410+Sj413 locally, where is the worst place for rust?
Do any of the zukis come with coil suspension, disc brakes,if not where is the cheapest place around what about under body protection.
Heard of pep's welding the diff what is that all about?
Sorry for so many question but i'm a zuki virgin

Offline minimog

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2008, 10:02:19 »
whats the point of putting a zook body on a r/r (are you ashamed of the green oval or what)and if you did you couldnt tow it behind your car :doh:
if you want coils go for a jimny fit a 3" lift  a t-case out of a 410 sj then a set of reverced rims with 215 diamondbacks bit of protection on the difs and bumpers(idealy steel bumpers) and away you go
if you want leafs go for a samurai fit the 1600 lump out of a vit and do a similar thing as the jimny
as for problems rust can be bad on the sills an back floor bit if your coming from a landy if you check all the places you would if you were buying a landy you will of covered all and more on the zook
« Last Edit: February 26, 2008, 10:06:05 by minimog »
WHAT UR ASKED WHEN YOU OWN A MOG
"What the f**ks that"
"where do you take it"
"Why has it got a merc star on it"

Offline martyn

Attack Member
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2008, 11:52:39 »
Hi Minimog
Thanks for info few question tho
1   reverse rims i never heard of them so what is the reasoning behind them.
2   I have heard of these falling over so why  a 3inch lift.
3  I have a set of new Greenway machos 31,10.5 x15 will these fit.

Not ashamed of Landy thought all suzis came with leaf springs
Griff

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal