AuthorTopic: Drivers seat on 3 door  (Read 337 times)

Offline discowoman

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • my own worst enemy!!
    • Gornal West Midlands
  • Referrals: 0
Drivers seat on 3 door
« on: February 09, 2008, 21:36:44 »
As some of you know, we have just aquired a 3 door 200Tdi, and as usual the drivers seat had collapsed - well after 7 hours today Its as good as new ;)
1st problem was getting the seat out as the 'tilt' on the base had seized - which caused more problems - see pics later.
So once it had given up and been unbolted we were greeted by this

The broken part is supposed to run the length of the seat  :evil:
One side was worse than the other - but basically because the 'tilt' had broken , the previous owner had forced the seat up and forward - but instead of moving the base - it ripped the welds apart and broke the bar in 3 pieces.
Also a 4 inch sectioon was missing so had to be re-made.
So while hubby spent an hour freeing off the seat base, his friend (Gaz  :oops: ) started weldsing the brackets back together and strengthening them..
short of it is they ended up like this

Not pretty - but as its under the seat we werent bothered.

Result is a seat that now tips forward - as its supposed to , and also supports your 'rear end' rather than dumping it somewhere near the floor  :doh:
While they were under the car they noticed the drivers sill has been used as a jacking point - and so is full of holes  :evil: :evil: so thats another job on the list

Offline lee celtic

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
Re: Drivers seat on 3 door
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2008, 23:04:45 »
the middle bit is called a flexolator (I kid you not) and if you draw it on a bit of paper with sizes a company called bristol spring will make you a new one :D :D

I know cause I used to fix then for a living (upholsterer/ trimmer) they also sullpy the springs down the sides if anybody is interested...
so many hills , so little time ....
discovery TD5
work in progress...lol

Offline freelanderpx54

Attack Member
Re: Drivers seat on 3 door
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2008, 23:06:21 »
Someone has too so it might as well be me   :-#  no I can't :twisted: yes I can

everyone after me..................

Who's ate all the pies......................................................... :dance:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal