AuthorTopic: Can a GV go off road???  (Read 703 times)

Offline CNorman

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Can a GV go off road???
« on: January 16, 2008, 20:56:18 »
OK Guys a few questions. I bought a 2003 GV and found it fairlly grippy off road. I did however find it well out of its depth when put next to discos and rangies. I really went off the GV and purchased a Disco. Mud terrains, diff and steering guards and it was excellent.

HOWEVER, no matter how much i have put down my GV and derided it for its lack of off road ability i have to say, it goes of rpoad and keeps coming back for more, and more and more!

It has never broken down, ever!

What i want to know is can i make it like a disco or rangie? Seriouslly for real money.

Heres my worries,

1). How can i lift it. Also how will i find it when lifted. It is a bit narrow and i worry about it rolling over. How do i get articulation from it also?

2). The front diff is aluminium. Once lifted it will come out of its hidden hole under the car. Is this going to keep breaking...

3). Can you buy diff guards, steering guards and the likes.

Forget the off road issue and fight between landy and Suzuki the fact of the matter is a landy can be picked up vfor sod all! Diff guard, steering guard, bumpers etc are also very easy to obtain. Will i find this with the GV. Be interesting to find out as i am now looking at chopping in the GV for a Disco and yet i will have to go back about 5-7 years and put lots more miles on.

Any help really appreciated:)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2008, 20:58:07 by CNorman »

Offline generation-x

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Mega-Fronty
    • church stretton
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Can a GV go off road???
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2008, 21:00:48 »
hi try this website