AuthorTopic: Business idea but need some help  (Read 2018 times)

Offline Sharpshooter

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Re: Business idea but need some help
« Reply #30 on: January 05, 2008, 10:31:39 »
We also have a small firm near where i live. They also do this. The run a Fiat Chinqucento.

Guess what they call themselves????

Dirty Scrubbers.  :shock: :shock: :grin: :grin:

Im sure they are lovely people. :)

Offline 90Mike

Attack Member
« Reply #31 on: January 05, 2008, 15:24:29 »
i think we will be passing on that business name then  :lol: my wife has a vauxhall astra at the minute which she wants to use to start off with  :roll:
MRM Auto Centre
Unit 6 Central City Industrial Estate
Red Lane
Coventry
CV6 5RY

Services, Repairs and very soon MOTs also available rent a ramp for a day or on an hourly rate PM me for details.

Offline v8kenny

Attack Member
« Reply #32 on: January 05, 2008, 16:42:00 »
my wife has a vauxhall astra at the minute which she wants to use to start off with  :roll:
Then don't forget to make an allowance against your tax bill for business use of this car
I put through 40% of costs of my Range Rover through the business as I use it for towing my trailer and also as transport when viewing/pricing work
That's 40% of everything tyres, servicing/ repair costs etc, not just fuel, road tax and insurance
Just keep a note of business use mileage -v- private use mileage to arrive at a viable figure
The nice part of living in a small town is that when I don't know what I am doing, someone else does

Offline 90Mike

Attack Member
« Reply #33 on: January 05, 2008, 18:05:39 »
v8kenny - thanks for the tips is this something that most accountants will pick up on or only the real expensive ones

does anybody know how much accountants charge these days  :shock: i take it that its per hour ?
MRM Auto Centre
Red Lane
Coventry
CV6 5RY

Services, Repairs and very soon MOTs also available rent a ramp for a day or on an hourly rate PM me for details.

Offline v8kenny

Attack Member
« Reply #34 on: January 05, 2008, 19:05:44 »
Any accountant worth using will provide you with an idea of cost before you agree to use them and some will even offer a first consultation free
Cost will come down to how detailed a set of accounts you hand over - a box of receipts or properly written income/expenditure figures
Again, an accountant should advise you on how he would like the facts and figures presented during his free consultation
Bear in mind your accounts will be pretty simple and I don't reckon you should be paying any more than about £500 a year

My old accountant always said to me that if he couldn't save me at least as much as his bill off my tax, then he wasn't doing his job right !
The nice part of living in a small town is that when I don't know what I am doing, someone else does

Offline graham

Attack Member
« Reply #35 on: January 05, 2008, 23:09:49 »
If you have a room in your house set aside as an office you can claim back a paercentage of the housing costs on your tax bill
You have to be careful with this one, you may end up paying business rates.
Nissan Terrano
Land Rover Lightweight
ex TD5 Discovery &
RR classic owner

Offline 90Mike

Attack Member
« Reply #36 on: January 06, 2008, 08:20:47 »
i thought this may be a tricky situation using your own property and claiming for it probably best to leave this one alone until everythiing else has been sorted  :)
MRM Auto Centre
Red Lane
Coventry
CV6 5RY

Bouncy

« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2008, 15:15:50 »
1. Does she travel? I am desperate for some help.good cleaners are like hens teeth. [-o<

2. CRB check is always good as it reassures people. (Copy it and keep main copy safe. Get it laminated !)

3. I am self employed and I do my tax returns on line on 30th March.
 I work from home and i get to claim allowance for my gas, electric and phone etc.
My mobile is for business and so is an acceptable expense.

4. Go to Vista print to print off cheap hi quality business cards/postcards advertising.They have fab designs and are even cheaper than printing your own

5. Despite hating uniforms I have a type of uniform for my work/plain t shirts and jeans and they are deductable as are my work shoes.

6. Your accountant is also deductable.

7. GOOD LUCK

Offline 90Mike

Attack Member
« Reply #38 on: January 06, 2008, 16:14:25 »
bouncy - she is prepared to travel but i think you are little bit too far away :( some more useful tips there we will take into consideration thanks for all your help and support
MRM Auto Centre
Red Lane
Coventry
CV6 5RY

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal