AuthorTopic: Gear Selector Blues  (Read 354 times)

Offline Cheggs

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Gear Selector Blues
« on: December 31, 2007, 14:04:00 »
Hi,
    what could be causing my Fathers 200tdi Disco w/lt77 gearbox to be unable to select 2nd or 4th all the gears at the front of the selector can be used just not the back 2, i haven't had a look at my self yet but thinking something is blocking the selector, I'm i on the write lines or is there something else it could be, thanks for any help. :)
1994 Discovery 300 TDi Auto 
1972 Series III w\Prima Perkins     

1965 sIIa (Project)
1991 Discovery 200 TDi (Now sold)

"I'm not  mechanically minded but, I have several hammers"

Offline crazymac

Attack Member
Re: Gear Selector Blues
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2007, 16:01:55 »
I'de be inclined towards the selector fork!

It can give various symptoms, with mine it started that I couldn't get 1 and 3, but deteriorated to no gears!

I HAVE THE BODY OF A GOD

shame its Budda!!

Offline BAZZ

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2008, 23:08:36 »
 :lol: Hi Cheggs, this could be the grub screw on the horse shoe selector in the g/box that has come addrift. Hopefully not into the bottom of the box. To access this you will;l need to remove the tunnel trim around the g/sticks. Make sure you take note of how all the bits fit together for the rebuild. Then remove the sounddeadening mat and you should find yourself on top of the g/box. There are springs inside the first cover, so pay attention to how they fit,which way around. With this cover removed you will need to undo the gear change housing plate, this will lift away and retracted the g/stick this fits onto the horse shoe selector with a Yoke attachment and in this Yoke there is or should be the grub screw. Re fix it with Loctite or some other nut securing agent, tighten up and reassemble . Simple! :shock:BAZZ.

Offline crazymac

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2008, 23:32:22 »
Have you solved this yet?? let us know what it was :afro:
I HAVE THE BODY OF A GOD

shame its Budda!!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal