AuthorTopic: fancy a new (push) bike  (Read 26349 times)

Offline Bush Tucker Man

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Re: fancy a new (push) bike
« Reply #120 on: February 26, 2008, 22:10:08 »
Well, I've had a few decent rides during this past month off work.

Didn't get down to HolmeMoss though (yet...............)

I've even managed to do a few runs, still suffering to get past about 3 miles, but that's probably in my head as much as anything?

Oh!, I was just browing round 'YouTube' & found these 2 Nike adverts, & a nice poster

I wish I was that fast on a 'cross-bike' :clap:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=igEGZ2sQ2GY

This one............ just made me smile :)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=oXAleHsmgEg&NR=1
Richard A Thackeray 
Defender 110Td5 'Heritage Gone, but not forgotten
Jaguar XKR; X88 JLT, also 'gone, but not forgotten'

Yorkshire Born & Bred, and proud of it.

"You Can Allus Tell A Yorkshireman, But You Can't tell Him Owt!"

Offline Bush Tucker Man

Attack Member
« Reply #121 on: February 26, 2008, 22:13:51 »
It was really a 'support' event for the British Schools Cycling Association Cyclo-Cross Championships.

The results appeared a few days later
They're marked me down as being older than I am ::), but..... the result stands
Greetland Handicap

Overall; 11/24
Age-Group they show me in; 2/8
Combined Vet 40/45 Age-Groups; 5/12

11th out of 24, not too bad, given the Handicaps listed earlier in this thread

Plus, there's a 'Summer Series' on the website, I;ve got every date as either an early shift, or as leave.
So, that's another 6 (local'ish') races to do :doh:
Richard A Thackeray 

Offline Bush Tucker Man

Attack Member
« Reply #122 on: February 29, 2008, 11:23:19 »

And if any of you want to read a bit more about this exceptional, & indeed world beating, athlete

'Lance Armstrong.com' (read the 'About'. Resting Heart-Rate; 32/34BPM!!)

'LiveStrong'

Wikipedia

2:59.36 (winner = 2:09.58)

Richard A Thackeray 

Offline Bush Tucker Man

Attack Member
« Reply #123 on: February 29, 2008, 14:18:44 »
Ive got a kona fire mountain nothing exceedingly good but it aint bad for what im using it for coming from work and occasionally just round through the woods and tracks nears us
I'd be interested to know where there is near you, & maybe accompany you??

In fact I passed your house on Wednesday morning

Want to get up to dalby forest but never get chance oh been to stainburn forest (otley)which is quite interesting  :lol:
I got asked up to Dalby Forest a couple of weeks ago (Sunday 10th February), but decided to compete in a Cyclo-Cross over at Greetland instead
as written a couple of postings above this one
Richard A Thackeray 

Offline GREENI

Attack Member
« Reply #124 on: February 29, 2008, 20:29:26 »
Heck Richard, aren't you a busy little bee....
You'll be telling everyone ' I haven't done much' & 'Not been able to get out' and other cyclist fairytales !!!

Keep it up, I am reading your posts, I just have little time just lately...oh yeah, watch your post box......(though I forgot post it today :rolleyes:)..I'm busy too !!

Offline Bush Tucker Man

Attack Member
« Reply #125 on: February 29, 2008, 20:36:30 »
Heck Richard, aren't you a busy little bee....
You'll be telling everyone ' I haven't done much' & 'Not been able to get out' and other cyclist fairytales !!!
S'true!!

I only went out for 2 hours on Wednesday, 1 hour yesterday & not at all today - far too windy (to the point of not being safe!!)

Keep it up, I am reading your posts, I just have little time just lately...oh yeah, watch your post box......(though I forgot post it today :rolleyes:)..I'm busy too !!

You've got me intrigued!!

All that dropped through the post box today was the new 'LRW'

No comments on the 'Lance' clips???
« Last Edit: February 29, 2008, 22:27:05 by Bush Tucker Man »
Richard A Thackeray 

Offline GREENI

Attack Member
« Reply #126 on: March 01, 2008, 19:35:47 »

Nowt special about that, i've snogged loads of fat elephants !!! :shocked:

Lance is a real life miracle...he has abnormal lungs and heart, he ain't to popular in France though..and that advert wouldn't mean anything to most Brits either..

I went see the Champs Elysee stage a couple of years ago (2003) in Paris (obviously), and these guys are so tiny.
We have loads of Pro and ex Pro riders in our shop all the time, and it's amazing how much their faces are drawn, they carry no fat..
Brian (my boss) was talking to Graeme Obree, and he rode to London from Scotland and he worked out how much energy he would use, and ate the same amount of kcals in Weetabix !!!
Another real life Hero that most people don't know !!

Offline Bush Tucker Man

Attack Member
« Reply #127 on: March 01, 2008, 21:17:26 »

Nowt special about that, i've snogged loads of fat elephants !!! :shocked:

Tell us more.....................

Lance is a real life miracle...he has abnormal lungs and heart, he ain't to popular in France though..and that advert wouldn't mean anything to most Brits either.
Anything not French isn't popular over that side of the Channel though!

I went see the Champs Elysee stage a couple of years ago (2003) in Paris (obviously), and these guys are so tiny
I haven't been so lucky, but saw the finish in Brighton in 1994, & the Paris-Rouxbaix the same year (the Arenburg forest is an amazing stage!!!!!!!)

We have loads of Pro and ex Pro riders in our shop all the time, and it's amazing how much their faces are drawn, they carry no fat
When the Leeds Classic was being held (in the mid-90's) I rode with Motorola & part of the GAN team.
No Greg, but a young Armstrong & also Yates.
They wanted to get out of the centre of Leeds for a ride, so I offered to show them.......
Blimey!!!!!!!!! talk about fast!! :oops:

Plus, I've spoken to a few cross pro's/British squad riders & they're the same; Chris Young (used to know his brother fairly well), Tim Gould, David Baker, etc....

Brian (my boss) was talking to Graeme Obree, and he rode to London from Scotland and he worked out how much energy he would use, and ate the same amount of kcals in Weetabix !!!
Another real life Hero that most people don't know !!
The 'flying Scot', with the washing machine bike & the 'Superman' position
Richard A Thackeray 

Offline Bush Tucker Man

Attack Member
« Reply #128 on: March 02, 2008, 22:49:40 »
Thankfully the wind had died quite substantially by early this afternoon, so upon returning home after a shopping trip into Wakefield, I decided I was off for a ride.

It was, I guess, the usual route in my head, but with a few alterations.
So, under the M62 (jct 31), Whitwood, Cutsyke, but with an variation along the roads through the 'Xscape'/Freeport site.

I'd bunged one of our digi-compacts in the saddle-pack, so had an idea for its first use.
Just opposite the Ford main dealer (Polar-Castleford) there's a compound that sometimes has a pair of UniMogs in it.
They were there again today (as the link shows)

So, back on route, having caught up to another rider as I climbed the drag to start the run down to FerryBridge.
I hadn't seen him for a while, being a member of the same club as me.
We rode together chatting till we got to FerryBridge, he carried on towards his home at Knottingley.
I turned up onto the A1

As usual, it was off at Brotherton, past the 'Fox' pub (now a Thai restaurant!)

Upon getting to Sherburn-in-Elmet, the wind had not been quite as calm as I thought it was ;D, so a pot of tea was purchased at Squires

After that, a turnaround & back over Garlic Flatts Lane (as I think it's called), which ends up next to Lotherton Hall, where the A1/M1 now join up at HookMoor (Aberford)

Then a brief detour down the old 'Roman Road', & through Micklefield (which used to be on the Great North Road, until into the late 60's)

The miles were passing by, now it was onto the old A1 (the route that's now superceded by the new carriageway just to the east), all the way to Fairburn.
It's nice & quiet now, I managed to hold a constant (measured) 30MPH for a good mile ;)

Newton Lane (past the Ings themselves) was, as is usual, the windiest part of the trip

Castleford was extremely busy as the local R*gby team was playing, so it was difficult picking the way through the crowds

As I'd made good-time, even allowing for the gusts, I tacked on a side trip back down to where I'd seen the UniMogs & a cut back through 'Xscape' again

I wished I hadn't, as I saw a stretch Hummer limo

By the time I'd got back home I'd covered 38miles & had been out roughly 2 & 1/2hours (including the cafe-stop to look at the bikes)

Now I'm plotting tomorrows ride, I think I'm venturing in a Doncaster-ish direction, or at the least Wentbridge/Barnsdale (the real Robin Hood country!!!)

« Last Edit: March 02, 2008, 22:54:03 by Bush Tucker Man »
Richard A Thackeray 

Offline Bush Tucker Man

Attack Member
« Reply #129 on: March 03, 2008, 19:10:54 »
It was snowing this morning, or that's the alleged term for the minuscule amount of white flakes falling out of the sky.
Or to be a bit more precise, fleeing across the landscape horizontally in the wind.

So, did I get sorted and get the bike out?, risking invoking 'Sods Law' and getting down between South Elmsall and the A1 at Red House only to find myself pedalling in what could (as implausible it may be) turn into a 'white-out'??
Or was I better off staying in the house, boil the Kettle, dig out all 3 DVDs of 'The Lord Of The Rings' & losing myself in Middle-Earth??

I'd thought better not!!!!, it'll bring to mind the fact that I'm back at work on Wednesday & will be seeing all the Trolls, Orcs, & various other generally unpleasant people on Friday (& Saturday) night who can't hold their alcohol :roll: :roll:

I think this mornings ride was one of the hardest I've had for ages, given the almost constant wind.
A rear puncture at Purston (west of Pontefract on the A645) didn't help much either >:(

The so-called snow didn't look like it was going to be any kind of a threat, so I was changed & out rapidly of deciding to go.

Cutting down through Old Snydale, Featherstone, Purston, into High Ackworth.
Turning south-east, past 'The Rustic Arms' onto Barnsdale Road (the A639) at East Hardwick.
There was a temptation to side-track into Wentbridge & climb up out of the valley to the south.
But with a strong side-wind  on my right shoulder ('guesstimated' at 20-25MPH, going by the way plastic bags were being moved), Barnsdale  was hard going.

On reaching Barnsdale Bar (where there's the junction with the A1) & turning west towards Upton & the A638, that bl**dy wind was now in my face :x
If I thought Barnsdale was bad, this was worse, a real struggle to keep going, 12MPH was a good speed along this stretch :oops: :oops:

The A638 back towards Ackworth & Wakefield wasn't much better, as the wind was now on my left shoulder.... pushing me towards other traffic. Not much fun when almost every other vehicle is a truck, due to the industrial estates around Elmsall

Back into Ackworth, and gettign closer to home. Up to the 'Brown Cow' pub, at High Ackworth, & turn off left to Purston.
Upon passing the derelict Purston Hall, I picked up a thorn in the rear. [!Expletive Deleted!]!!
It was rather cold standing at the roadside swapping the inner-tube, nose running like a tap, rapidly cooling down as the wind swirled round me & getting tired due to the temperature & constant effort so far.

I'll admit that once I got home I felt as though I was completely 'running on empty' & could almost see 'black spots in front of my eyes'
Now that's not good!, so I know I had a hard-ride (even though it was only 26miles, but almost all of it was against the wind)
The 2 pints of Tea & hot shower were most welcome upon arrival home :dance:

Digressing, Barnsdale Bar was the point that Stage/Post-Coaches left the Great North Road with passengers/loads for Castleford & Pontefract.
It was also the route of the Roman road to the garrison at Castleford
See here for map

Richard A Thackeray 

Offline Bush Tucker Man

Attack Member
« Reply #130 on: March 04, 2008, 14:49:21 »
I think this mornings ride was one of the hardest I've had for ages, given the almost constant wind.deciding to go.

I'll admit that once I got home I felt as though I was completely 'running on empty' & could almost see 'black spots in front of my eyes'
Now that's not good!, so I know I had a hard-ride (even though it was only 26miles, but almost all of it was against the wind)
The 2 pints of Tea & hot shower were most welcome upon arrival home :dance:

I was out along most of the same route this morning, but it was thankfully wind-free, just a gentle breeze.
The weather certainly made the difference.

I might alternate that one with my Sherburn route for a couple of weeks, before heading south-west into 'the Hills' (HolmeMoss/Saddleworth/Woodhead Pass)

Received by 'Registered' today Steve.
Thankyou very much.
I've never seen that before, but didn't know what to expect
« Last Edit: March 04, 2008, 18:08:04 by Bush Tucker Man »
Richard A Thackeray 

Offline Bush Tucker Man

Attack Member
« Reply #131 on: March 04, 2008, 18:21:45 »
Received by 'Registered' today Steve.
Thankyou very much.
I've never seen that before, but didn't know what to expect

I've had a look through it, it's a nice little magazine. Like the interviews at the end of Paris-Roubaix
Seems very reminscient of Land Rovers own 'One Life', in its own way.

For anyone else reading this who wonders what I'm on about here, read this overview from 'Wikipedia'

It can get rather muddy;
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/photo_galleries/1279520.stm,

http://shop.grahamwatson.com/gw/gwonline.nsf/p?openform&MPrints07L

Oh, & Steve.

Here's a little something for you to share with the shop, if they haven't seen it already (I added it to 'The Lounge' on the 'Cycling Weekly.co.uk'forums)

Richard A Thackeray 

Offline GREENI

Attack Member
« Reply #132 on: March 04, 2008, 20:30:47 »
Glad you liked it, I thought you'd appreciate it..
One fine sought after publication there  ;)
Keep an eye out for our Brian Rourke Bikes in the near future Cycling Weekly  :wink:

Offline Bush Tucker Man

Attack Member
« Reply #133 on: March 04, 2008, 21:53:44 »
Glad you liked it, I thought you'd appreciate it..
One fine sought after publication there  ;)
Keep an eye out for our Brian Rourke Bikes in the near future Cycling Weekly  :wink:

Yes, it's a fine looking publication, there's a branch of Borders Books in Leeds that may possibly have it on the shelves, as they get a lot of different magazines to the 'run-of-the-mill' newsagents.

I don't get 'CW' very often, but I'll browse the next few issues in that case

I think this mornings ride was one of the hardest I've had for ages, given the almost constant wind.deciding to go.

I was out along most of the same route this morning, but it was thankfully wind-free, just a gentle breeze.
The weather certainly made the difference.

I know this mornings ride was a lot easier, as I've just been out for a run
Not a long one, perhaps a bit under 2 miles (Big Wuss!!), but it was easy.
Almost too easy  :D

After seeing a leaflet in the local referane Library yesterday, I'm even considering entering a 10K (6.2miles) road-race/fun-run at the end of the month :shock: :shock:
If I decide do it, I can even run it & then get to work in time (afternoon shift) as it's in Wakefield and starts at 10:00

The benificiary is Wakefield Hospice

Course details

Should I go for it?, even if the only money they get off me is my entry fee??
I've got to run it in my Featherstone RC colours though ;)

Edit @ 23:35 I'll have to run it in club-colours to show the proper-runners that I've come from the world of 2-wheels, not 2-legs

« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 00:41:24 by Bush Tucker Man »
Richard A Thackeray 

Offline Bush Tucker Man

Attack Member
« Reply #134 on: March 05, 2008, 12:22:55 »

Blimey!!!!!!!!
I've been out for a 5-mile run, as a 'test'.
I got back about 10:45, and have just about got my legs back.

That wasn't good & certainly not a 'fun-run' :roll:
I managed to get down the main-road & under the M62, through the edge of EuroPort, before having to stop by the railway bridge to 'readjust myself' & take the woolly hat off for a couple of minutes.

Then, I'll admit, I cut a corner off  :oops: (for anyone who knows the area, I omitted Altofts & LeeBrigg)

It was hard though, after all I jumped from 21/2 miles to double that distance with no interim run

Time taken = I daredn't say  :-#

But, I think from memory, that the full loop is about 6miles. I think I cut just over a mile off it.
Shameful!!!  :oops:

« Last Edit: March 05, 2008, 14:47:45 by Bush Tucker Man »
Richard A Thackeray 

Offline Bush Tucker Man

Attack Member
« Reply #135 on: March 09, 2008, 00:16:29 »
Due to some good news received in the post this morning, I'm trying to convince the wife I need a Trek Madone 5.5 Pro  8-[
Richard A Thackeray 

Offline Bush Tucker Man

Attack Member
« Reply #136 on: March 13, 2008, 21:49:11 »
In the forums on 'Cycling Weekly' & in the magazine itself, there's a regular 'Question Of The Week'

This week carries the question; Do You Have Any Comebacks For The Hecklers of Pedallers?'
Ones mentioned include;
1. This works a treat; "Excusez mois, vous parlez Francais?"

2. "You cyclists don't pay any road tax!"
"I know, it's great isn't it?"

3. "I haven't heard that on since yesterday, and oddly enough, he was in a white van too!"

But the winner for me, which I'll have to remember is;
Don't blame me, it's your wife/girlfriend/mother who insists I keep in trim for her"

This comeback will probably work best when the heckler is accompanie by his mates, who'll help by laughing at him

Richard A Thackeray 

Offline Bush Tucker Man

Attack Member
« Reply #137 on: March 22, 2008, 00:18:40 »
Try this clip for the 'post - Eddy'/'pre - Lance' hard-men of cycling

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=y5wPEymv-oQ

Sorry, it's a poor quality film

Some of the riders are carried off semi-comatose at the end1
Richard A Thackeray 

Offline Bush Tucker Man

Attack Member
« Reply #138 on: March 24, 2008, 13:00:10 »
Blimey Steve ('GREENI') I fancy one of these, if only to try it out.

7 pound Road-Bike!!!

Wonder if it'd blow away in the wind???
Richard A Thackeray 

Offline Bush Tucker Man

Attack Member
« Reply #139 on: March 25, 2008, 14:22:14 »
After seeing a leaflet in the local referane Library yesterday, I'm even considering entering a 10K (6.2miles) road-race/fun-run at the end of the month :shock: :shock:
If I decide do it, I can even run it & then get to work in time (afternoon shift) as it's in Wakefield and starts at 10:00

Course details

Edit @ 23:35 I'll have to run it in club-colours to show the proper-runners that I've come from the world of 2-wheels, not 2-legs

I've decided not to do it, I've not done the training :oops: :oops:

I might still go for the 3-mile 'fun-run' though

Unless I can persuade SWMBO to go the LNER gathering on the North Yorkshire Moors Railway

http://nymr.co.uk/enthusiasts/lner-festival-2008-news

3 A4 Pacifics in steam!!!!

60007 Sir Nigel Gresley
60009 Union of South Africa
60019 Bittern

Plus; the V2 class  4771 Green Arrow
Tempting, very tempting
Richard A Thackeray 

Offline Bush Tucker Man

Attack Member
« Reply #140 on: April 03, 2008, 21:13:59 »
Read & Smile!!!!!!!!!!

Ahhhhhhhh, memories :clap:
Richard A Thackeray 

Offline Bush Tucker Man

Attack Member
« Reply #141 on: April 07, 2008, 11:03:00 »
I ran over to my parents house on Saturday afternoon  :-o

I had to (well, I didn't - could have rode)

Joanne & Amelia had gone to Braford to see 'Chitty Chitty Bang Bang' at the Alhambra.

They were going straight to my parents house for tea, & Jo wanted a drink, so didn't want to drive home
My dad offered to come over for me, but I thought pride was (partially) at stake, after not doing the Wakefield Hospice 10K road-race

It wasn't bad, as I could cut 'cross-country', through the grounds of an derelict/partially ruined Country house (Newlands Hall - links to Knight Templars), along the River Calder banking to Stanley Ferry.
Along an old horse drawn coal railway line (long gone, of course)

Thought I'd end up back at work, as the banking has some very muddy bits to run through, littered with tree-roots :o
(would have been embarrassing!!)

The last part is hardest, as there's a stretch of 1 in 3 road/footpath to contend with

I reckon it's about 4 miles

It took me the grand total of 33minutes by my watch (our gate to their door!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
Not bad I don't suppose??

Plus, I only stopped twice, to cross 2 'A-roads', for a grand total of about 20 seconds, so not bad (for me!!)
Richard A Thackeray 

Offline Bush Tucker Man

Attack Member
« Reply #142 on: April 07, 2008, 23:44:26 »
Had a ride yesteray afternoon  - in the snow :roll:, & out this morning too.

On a late-shift Tuesday, so I might go for a run over the same initial route as Saturday, but turn around when I reach Stanley Ferry & come back up Birkwood Hill on the road, or visa-versa????
« Last Edit: April 07, 2008, 23:46:18 by Bush Tucker Man »
Richard A Thackeray 

Offline Bush Tucker Man

Attack Member
« Reply #143 on: April 10, 2008, 21:32:01 »
Blimey!!
That was a fast race, even allowing for the shorter time of it.

Lots of grass, a twisty sandy section (could double as a BMX track), some single-track in the scrub.
Plus a couple of trips up a banking - very slippery! (failed it every time)

It was really a 'support' event for the British Schools Cycling Association Cyclo-Cross Championships.

Phil Norfolk, one of the 'Schools' organisers had a list for a 'Summer Cross Series', so that'll be under examination, as soon as it's added to the site

The dates & locations are up on the site now, click on the picture of me in my signature block

Of course;
Any Yorkshire based riders, on here, are welcome to come & join us. Mountain Bikes are fine to use for most events
They're only banned in events like the Three Peaks Cyclo-Cross (38 miles!!, see 'Course')

After seeing a leaflet in the local referance Library yesterday, I'm even considering entering a 10K (6.2miles) road-race/fun-run at the end of the month :shock: :shock:

Course details

I didn't do this race, due to not having 'the legs' for it & after being advised not to do it by a couple of fairly serious runners who work at the same Hospital.

I now feel that I ought to have a go at one, especially after the above posted road/track/cross-country run :-k (I might even repeat it tomorrow, as we're going over for tea)

Co-incidentally a flyer/entry-form dropped through the letter-box on Tuesday for a 5miler at Darrington (which is to the south-east of Pontefract), so I might enter that.

I'll have to try & find out where the actual route is, so I can go & ride around it.

http://www.darrington.org.uk/funrun.htm

It's still got to be run in the Club colours through
(be they the old colours, or the new ones, shown above I need to buy)
« Last Edit: April 10, 2008, 21:45:42 by Bush Tucker Man »
Richard A Thackeray 

Offline Bush Tucker Man

Attack Member
« Reply #144 on: April 11, 2008, 20:48:59 »

It wasn't bad, as I could cut 'cross-country', through the grounds of an derelict/partially ruined Country house (Newlands Hall - links to Knight Templars), along the River Calder banking to Stanley Ferry.
Along an old horse drawn coal railway line (long gone, of course)

Thought I'd end up back at work, as the banking has some very muddy bits to run through, littered with tree-roots
I reckon it's about 4 miles

It took me the grand total of 33minutes by my watch (our gate to their door!!!!!!!!!!!!!)

Plus, I only stopped twice, to cross 2 'A-roads', for a grand total of about 20 seconds, so not bad (for me!!)

I did it earlier again this evening, wife & child drove there.

I left our house at 17:00 'prompt'

I was happy with the time, despite a head-wind, & having to walk for about a 100yards in the Newlands Hall woods, as it was far too slippery to run safely

It only took a minute longer, arriving at 17:34 :D

I'm happy with that :D
Richard A Thackeray 

Offline Bush Tucker Man

Attack Member
« Reply #145 on: April 12, 2008, 20:17:41 »

Went to the 'local' bike-shop that sponsors my Club this afternoon & bought new long-sleeve training top, short-sleeve jersey & a pair of bib-tights - all in new colours (well, what's been the colours for the past 3 - 4 years or so)

I also wanted a Gilet, but forgot it (memory's going)

The bib-tights are (I guess???) in place of buying a pair of Ron Hills for running.

Now I just need to get some new shoes too.................. a pair of Sidi's (in 'all-black')

So, there'll be a new Club-strip for the 'Mud-Clubbers' out there to try & spot in my part of Yorkshire

Edit @ 20:44

This is the rear view of the training top (& the bum of the bib-tights)

Click on pic to enlarge

So now you know what to look for (or avoid???)
« Last Edit: April 12, 2008, 20:44:14 by Bush Tucker Man »
Richard A Thackeray 

Offline Bush Tucker Man

Attack Member
« Reply #146 on: April 16, 2008, 23:32:53 »
Three weeks today to the first 'Summer Season Cyclo-Cross' (I'm already registered for the entire series - see the 'Check Your Details')

It's at Oakbank School, Keighley.
But being pedantic. Who me??? :lol:, I'd call it Ingrow

Hence, I need to step up the training a gear or 2 (both riding & running)

I think I've even got a member of 'another Land Rover forum' to come & compete with me (he'll be on his Kona MTB) at a later event (Kippax, on 2nd July)
I must be persuasive :shock:
« Last Edit: April 16, 2008, 23:36:02 by Bush Tucker Man »
Richard A Thackeray 

Offline Bush Tucker Man

Attack Member
« Reply #147 on: April 24, 2008, 20:40:42 »

I did it earlier again this evening, wife & child drove there.

I left our house at 17:00 'prompt'

I was happy with the time, despite a head-wind, & having to walk for about a 100yards in the Newlands Hall woods, as it was far too slippery to run safely

It only took a minute longer, arriving at 17:34 :D

I'm happy with that :D

Ran up to 'Small-Childs' school on Monday & Wednesday afternoons (meeting wife there), the first part of the route was the same (to Stanley Ferry), then along Ferry Lane & Aberford Road.
Both days runs took the scintillating time of.............. 32 minutes 
Wish I hadn't worn the thermal bib-tights though (as seen in the picture a couple of posts above) & a windproof/shower-proof top.
I was feeing like a 'boil-in-the-bag' dinner when I got to the school on both days :roll: :roll:

On Monday, one of the mums said to Amelia (in front of Joanne!);
"Your dad's got a lovely bum!", & had a quick squeeze  :shock:
Sadly (even though she drives a '54' FreeLander 5-door), she's not really one of the 'Yummy Mummys'
I'll have to run there again another day next week, just in case it happens again :lol:

Three weeks today to the first 'Summer Season Cyclo-Cross' (I'm already registered for the entire series - see the 'Check Your Details')

Less than two weeks to go now

Am I getting nervous???
Yes

Out on the bike this afternoon, just short of 50 miles in the rain.
Well.......... it was raining, and cold, to start with, so I went well-dressed (bib-shorts, under-shirt, bib-tights, over-shoes, long-sleeve jersey & thermal jacket)
After the  first hour, it stopped raining, the Sun came out, the roads dried.
I boiled the rest of the way round :roll: :doh:

I was glad to get home & take it all off, & get in the shower.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2008, 20:44:44 by Bush Tucker Man »
Richard A Thackeray 

Offline Bush Tucker Man

Attack Member
« Reply #148 on: April 25, 2008, 16:50:13 »
Ran up to 'Small-Childs' school on Monday & Wednesday afternoons (meeting wife there), the first part of the route was the same (to Stanley Ferry), then along Ferry Lane & Aberford Road.
Both days runs took the scintillating time of.............. 32 minutes 
Wish I hadn't worn the thermal bib-tights though (as seen in the picture a couple of posts above) & a windproof/shower-proof top.
I was feeing like a 'boil-in-the-bag' dinner when I got to the school on both days :roll: :roll:

Ran up again this afternoon - that was after riding over early in the afternoon to drop my entry form off for the Darrington 5-Miler (mentioned a few posts above) at 'The Darrington Hotel' - which nestles practically under the A1

Thankfully, it was a bit cooler today, so I managed to run it in...................31 minutes :D
Richard A Thackeray 

Offline Bush Tucker Man

Attack Member
« Reply #149 on: May 05, 2008, 21:21:54 »

Less than two weeks to go now

Am I getting nervous???
Yes

Even more nervous now, as it's this Wednesday  :pale:

Still, I've got the new kit now, as I was informed that the organisers are insisting on current Club colours, or plain kit, & definately no 'trade tops' (by that, I mean the sponsored teams; ie; 'Lotto','QUickStep', 'Motorola', etc.... )

These are the new colours, photo courtesy of Helen (aka 'Sleepless Paradise'), when I called in briefly at her house on Saturday during my ride
(it's a long-sleevetop, not arm-warmers)

« Last Edit: May 05, 2008, 21:46:06 by Bush Tucker Man »
Richard A Thackeray 

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal