AuthorTopic: BT - AAAARRRRRGGGHHHH  (Read 831 times)

Offline Yoshi

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
BT - AAAARRRRRGGGHHHH
« on: November 20, 2007, 21:15:20 »
I give up with BT.

I had me broadband with AOL, but they decided to let me out me contract early.  They tried to sort out a MAC for me but BT Wholesale couldnt seem to issue it, so AOL terminated the broadband on me line.

So on the 2nd of November AOL cancelled me line and so i ordered BT Broadband and was told it would be activated on the 16th of November.  That date was Friday just gone (been on dial up between 2nd of Nov and 16th).  So Friday comes and no broadband, ring up BT who tell me 3 different things.

First person said that i still had AOL on the line and that BT Broadband werent giving me broadband.

Second person said that i had no broadband on me line whatsoever and decided to place a new order for activation this Friday coming (23rd).

Third person said that i was with BT Broadband and it was just waiting for activation.  Low and behold during the phone call me broadband started working.

This was all good and well til today when suddenly me broadband went off.  Phoned up BT who say that i havnt had broadband with them for the past 5 days and that it was with someone else, even though it was using their homehub and authentication, as well as the line speeds (was 2mb with AOL and 8mb with BT).  

So to cut a long story short i am now using dial up until Friday when the new order is activated!!!

As said in the subject line - AAAARRRRGGGGGHHHH!!!!!

1995 Discovery XS 300TDi 4" lift and ready to go!

There is no devil, theres only god when he's drunk - Tom Waits.

Offline Bunnie

Attack Member
    • portsmouth
BT - AAAARRRRRGGGHHHH
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2007, 22:01:32 »
dan count yourself lucky you even have a BT line!

when we moved i arranged for bt to come the following tuesday sent off me cheque.. tuesday comes.. 1pm tuesday comes and goes... que me spending the next 5 hours on the phone to BT on my MOBILE! cost me neatly 25/30 in phone calls... to be told this that and put on hold... only to be cut off @ 5pm!
one phone call to virgin... 25mins appointment arranged, deposit paid!
Suzuki Vitara (Rabbit)- Alive and well
206cc (Puggy) -Sold Defender Black (mummys 90)
Disco 200tdi (Serenity)- Sold
Audi S2 - Rich's beast
Audi 100 - The work horse
Sapphire the Siberian Husky
Skye the Alaskan Marlamute
Devil Ducks (Howard, River & Jayne)

Offline JumboBeef

Attack Member
BT - AAAARRRRRGGGHHHH
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2007, 09:55:17 »
Ah yes, Broadband with BT.

Two years ago, we moved house.  It took BT five and a half months to give us broadband.  Finally, they got it working and paid us £170 compensation.  

Then we had problems with the Broadband dropping out.  It took them more than 14 months to resolve that one.  They paid us £204 in compensation.

I have a box file full of letters, back and forward.
1991 Range Rover Vogue SE V8 auto on LPG, time warp!

Offline rollazuki

Attack Member
BT - AAAARRRRRGGGHHHH
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2007, 10:54:10 »
Had similar issues moving from pipex to talktalk.
Talktalk were refused access to my line. Pipex cancelled their contract, but BT didnt seem able to remove the pipex flag off the line, so talktalk couldnt take over. 18 months on and we are no closer to a final solution......
Dont hold your breath.
Go on....cut me in half........it says SUZUKI all the way thru the middle!!

Offline fasthands

Attack Member
BT - AAAARRRRRGGGHHHH
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2007, 11:05:06 »
GOOD LUCK MATE!!!
Land Rover repair guide, Don't fix anything, because if you do something else always breaks, so fix nothing and nothing will break!!!

Offline Yoshi

Attack Member
BT - AAAARRRRRGGGHHHH
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2007, 15:17:43 »
Well today me broadband has come back on  :?

Will just wait to see if it goes off again, even though they swore blind they werent providing me with broadband until Friday.

We knows its BT cos its using their homehub and their authentication process!

Offline Range Rover Blues

Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
BT - AAAARRRRRGGGHHHH
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2007, 01:03:45 »
If I want to use broadband I first have to ring the speaking clock.

No, I'm not joking, there is a fault on my line that seems to clear up when you use the 'phone.  So by the time I've been on hold to TalkTalk customer service for 20 minutes the crackling has cleared up and the broadband is working again.

All they want to tell me is that it's the firewall I have installed on my pooter and that i should remove it.

Having had to rebuild my pooter after the last virus I had, you can understand my reluctance to do so, especially when I can simulate the exact same beahviour in my system bym say, pulling the 'phone line our of the wall.

I recon it's because Talktalk have to get BT to come out and fix the 'phone line and somehow they won't do that as it'll cost them money :?
Blue,  1988  Range Rover 3.5 EFi with plenty of toys bolted on
Chuggaboom, 1995 Range Rover Classic
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

Offline graham

Attack Member
BT - AAAARRRRRGGGHHHH
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2007, 22:26:51 »
BT spit, spit, spit will never ever ever have anything to do with them.
My son and his girlfriend made an enquiry to BT for broadband connection, did not sign or agree to anything, they got a bill for installation and service for around £270 they kept sending threatening letters.

I have no BT lines in my house now, been with another supplier for 5 years, 2 phone lines and separate broadband line never had any problems.  :D
Nissan Terrano
Land Rover Lightweight
ex TD5 Discovery &
RR classic owner

Offline crazymac

Attack Member
BT - AAAARRRRRGGGHHHH
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2007, 22:42:54 »
Well I got to big up BT here.

I was with BT for phone and Virgin for Broadband, decided to bring it all together so went to TALK TALK Never again. I got crap service, higher bills, LIES LIES and MORE LIES. I couldn't get Ebay or any of the forums I use, no internet banking and NOT EVEN THEIR OWN HOME PAGE.

I went mental at them eventually and cancelled, contacted BT who sorted it all out and swapped my package over to them. I now pay less and have a MUCH better service.
I HAVE THE BODY OF A GOD

shame its Budda!!

Offline landroverkeith

Attack Member
  • Wilby
    • wilby, northants
BT - AAAARRRRRGGGHHHH
« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2007, 00:12:53 »
:lol:  I do beleave I warned u dan as I had the same with them ....
2004 D2 TD5 es Premium - R99 MUD
1965 Series 2a 88" V8 "rag top"          
2000 TD5 Es - W99 MUD
Sankey Trailer

Offline Yoshi

Attack Member
BT - AAAARRRRRGGGHHHH
« Reply #10 on: November 24, 2007, 00:44:41 »
Quote from: "graham"
BT spit, spit, spit will never ever ever have anything to do with them.
My son and his girlfriend made an enquiry to BT for broadband connection, did not sign or agree to anything, they got a bill for installation and service for around £270 they kept sending threatening letters.

I have no BT lines in my house now, been with another supplier for 5 years, 2 phone lines and separate broadband line never had any problems.  :D

So you have cable?  Round here we dont have that.  Also dont forget even if you pay your line rental to someone else (except cable) then its still a BT line.

Offline Lee_D

Attack Member
BT - AAAARRRRRGGGHHHH
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2007, 21:12:01 »
Quote from: "BadgersRover"

So you have cable?  Round here we dont have that.  Also dont forget even if you pay your line rental to someone else (except cable) then its still a BT line.

Yeah surely this is a monopolies and mergers thing.

If I had a £ for each complaint I heard about BT last week I'd have £4 and thats before I read this thread!

I'd gladly tell them where to stick it given they completely failed to acknowledge my letter to them after one of there drivers took the mirror off the rangie. Ignorant male chickens the lot of them.
Currently : ' 03 Range Rover Vogue TD6 Auto, '90 110 CSW TD
Previously : 101 Ambi Prototype, Jaguar powered IIa Auto , '83 RRC , '90 RRC , '97 Disco ES Auto LPG'd

Offline Landynuts

Attack Member
BT - AAAARRRRRGGGHHHH
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2007, 22:15:14 »
They are all as bad I am with Orange Broadband and have been having problems with them trying to charge me for a Talk Package I did not subscribe to, three weeks ago they claimed to have sorted it out. Yesterday  morning my broadband stopped working, when it was still US today I called them to be told that my account had been deactivated by the accounts section and I need to call a different number. When the new monkey had retrieved my details there was an embarrassed pause, "You credit card details are invalid we need a valid number to re-start your account" I reply "but I have been on a free deal for months you have never had my card details before", "I know but we need them now!", "WHY!", pause "We have tried to credit your account with a refund but as it has been rejected twice (no card details) the system automatically suspends the account".
So I had been disconnected because they owed me money! You could not make it up.
I will not be renewing with ORANGE when the time comes.
Navara 09 Outlaw
Disco 90 200 TDi
Yamaha TDM900 (for when 4 wheels is 2 to many)
Suzuki GT250 project

Offline MuddyMike

Attack Member
    • Leyburn, N. Yorkshire
BT - AAAARRRRRGGGHHHH
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2007, 11:18:04 »
I have used Madasafish for quite a while (started off with Freenetname who were taken over by Madasafish) I had a intermittent disconnection problem last month and they were extremely helpful in monitoring the line, calling me several time to try different things, were honest about not calling BT until several other things (like a new router) had been tried, due to the call out charges when an internal fault is the cause.

Finally called BT who turned up on schedule, sadly being an intermittent fault the engineer could not find the cause, he spoke to his bos who agreed to switch us to a new line all the way from the exchange. Since then, no problems at all. And I was highly satisfied with the actions on both Madasafish and BT.

Madfasafish are not the cheapest but have heard all the sort of problems mentioned in this thread i am staying with them.

Mike
If you can't get there in a Land Rover you can't get there

Self built Range Rover/Lightweight hybrid (yes the one with yellow wheels)

Edge

BT - AAAARRRRRGGGHHHH
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2007, 23:18:10 »
Gotta say.... (apart from BT's high prices), i'm real impressed! Called bt last wednesday evening to say i'd be moving home on saturday, moved in today (sunday) and phone line and broadband are up and running.... 3 day turn around is pretty darn good. They even gave me a better deal for sticking with them.... saving a massive £2 a month  :roll: .

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal