AuthorTopic: Window tint to "pimp my CB"  (Read 472 times)

Offline Iain C

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Window tint to "pimp my CB"
« on: November 14, 2007, 08:57:37 »
I know there are a couple of people who have done some window tints recently...perhaps you can help me.

I'm after a teeny weeny bit of tinting film to stick over the very bright display of my CB...it's fine in the day but really distracting at night.  It only needs a couple of square inches...if you have any going spare that you could post me I'd be very grateful.  I guess it would have to be the pretty pimptastically dark stuff, or a couple of layers of the lighter stuff.

Beer waiting...please don't make me have to join a Saxo forum to ask the same.... :cry:
1995 Discovery 300 Tdi...steering guard, diff guards, +2" full lift kit/ProComp 9000s, extended braided brake hoses, 265/75/16 MTs on Freestyles, Camel Cut, Team ME4 CB, Southdown snorkel, Defender A-bar and Wipac 4x4s, Forte treatment in anything that moves and a shiny new boot floor!

Offline Evilgoat

Attack Member
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2007, 09:12:54 »
I have some tinted perspex thats designed for this. I can hack a small square off and send you some.

Easier way might be to mod the CB. What model/make it is?
I must confess the the activities of the UK governments for the past couple of years have been watched with frank admiration and amazement by Lord Vetinari. Outright theft as a policy had never occured to him.

-- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)

EX HK Police Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8TD
Audi S2 Avant 360bhp
Transit LWB 2.5di (The Shed)

Offline Iain C

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2007, 11:49:56 »
It's a Team ME4 CB and it's mounted just in front of my left knee, and thanks for your kind offer.  However Stuntman is kindly going to post me some of the window tint, so I'm hoping that it will do the job nicely...if not I'll let you know!

Mud Club.  Dont you just love it?? :D
1995 Discovery 300 Tdi...steering guard, diff guards, +2" full lift kit/ProComp 9000s, extended braided brake hoses, 265/75/16 MTs on Freestyles, Camel Cut, Team ME4 CB, Southdown snorkel, Defender A-bar and Wipac 4x4s, Forte treatment in anything that moves and a shiny new boot floor!

Offline Evilgoat

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2007, 14:08:14 »
If not theres a hardware mod you can do to dim the display if you are brave.
I must confess the the activities of the UK governments for the past couple of years have been watched with frank admiration and amazement by Lord Vetinari. Outright theft as a policy had never occured to him.

-- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)

EX HK Police Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8TD
Audi S2 Avant 360bhp
Transit LWB 2.5di (The Shed)

Offline Jimbo

Attack Member
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2007, 16:48:49 »
I've got a few small off cuts of a dark tint, drop me a PM if you need a bit.
Jim

TDV6 HSE D3
Defender 110 Td5 Hard top, BFG MT's, and no EGR either

http://www.hertfordshire4x4response.net

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal