Vehicle & Technical > Toyota

4 Runner?

(1/3) > >>

Andy.:
Anyone know anything about the Toyota 4 Runner  :?:

The wife's hair dressing partner has just bought one today, K reg so same year as ours and it's an import. Don't know much about it other than it's a 7 seater Diesel Auto.

She seemed quite smug about it when telling the wife, wife replyed by saying it ain't a 4x4 unless it's a Land Rover, rather good I thought  :lol:

Andy.:
Nobody's heard of them then   :?:  :lol:

LOFTY:
Its basically a Hilux, as a staition wagon, they are good vehicles, but with all the imported stuff from Japan, when something goes wrong, you find the parts dont match British sold cars, before the arguments start, this isnt true off all makes, but i know for a fact Toyota  have this problem.

Linda:
Ok - couple of things -  if its a k reg and a 4-runner right hand drive then its probably a UK car. Toyota sold them here for 3 years 93-95. If its an import then it will be from the states probably and a LHD. In Japan the 4 runner sold as the Hilux Surf. Easy way to tell - does it have aircon? UK 4 runners didnt, but US did.
Parts are easy to come by (we have 2 surf's, a LHD 4-runner, and a hilux pickup, and did have aUK 4-runner until recently. so we know)
Toyota sell the original parts or there ar several good sources of aftermarket parts.
the 3.0 TD is a goos reliable truck, we work ours hard, on and off road and find them very relable and tough. the 2.4 TD has an issue with the head cracking if the truck overheats, so if buying one always get the head pressure tested or see a certificate proving it has had a new (not recon ) head.
 Let me know if you want any more info.

:D

Andy.:
Cheers Linda.

I've been told by the wife today, who's had a ride in it that it has air con and is a Hilux Surf, because it has the badge on the back  :wink:

I have'nt seen it yet myself so cannot comment yet, but the wife's friend seems pleased.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version