AuthorTopic: The worst parked vehicle thread !!  (Read 15478 times)

Offline Chris Putt

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
The worst parked vehicle thread !!
« Reply #60 on: October 05, 2007, 22:40:26 »
Quote from: "Niel"
Quote from: "Jimbo"
Quote from: "cardiff_gareth"
Quote from: "Niel"

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/204/459652012_5963ffd157_b.jpg
4x4 caravanner doing us no favours

Its a close one to call at the mo but I think thats a strong contender, how many parking spaces is he in  :lol:

Ahh yes, the 'I can't reverse a trailer/caravan' driver - we usually park a minibus and landy at each end and go for tea.......then watch from the comfort of the cafe as they try to 'extract' their unit - muppets !

How to deal with tthese then?
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1084/1225365043_38a730aadc_b.jpg
http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1078/1226227730_83d25f5a77_b.jpg

To deal with this kind of parking needs the following

1) A large ramp (but somehow not quite large enough if you get my drift)
2) a scrap (but driveable!) car with a cage in it
3) a Nutter. Probably wearing a race suit with flames down the side:lol:
'Its Gripped'
'Its sorted!'
'Lets Offroad!'

Offline kizz81

Attack Member
« Reply #61 on: October 06, 2007, 00:10:42 »
i also saw the tango 1 parked on the bonnet of the other landy, he actually reversed it on  :shock: ....

then spent a week with us on landy rally, good fun!

this guy should have a medal for is parking!

shame there was nothing in the way ...

and this was in china ...

cheers kieran
Ever dreamed about travelling to the land of the midnight sun? visit our website for more info!
www.freespirit4x4.co.uk

Offline Skibum346

Attack Member
  • T. A. N. S. T. A. A. F. L.
« Reply #62 on: October 06, 2007, 10:51:58 »
How do you use a WHOLE disabled parking space...?  

And guess what...?

Yep... you got it... no disabled badge!   :roll:

Offline cardiff_gareth

Attack Member
« Reply #63 on: October 06, 2007, 21:05:17 »
Quote from: "Skibum346"
How do you use a WHOLE disabled parking space...?  

And guess what...?

Yep... you got it... no disabled badge!   :roll:

I blinking hate that, scum who think they can park in parent and toddler / disabled spaces. The government should crush them as to teach them a lesson  :evil:
Moved over to the dark side - Suzuki's !

att

« Reply #64 on: October 06, 2007, 21:41:21 »
I always park in the parent/child parking space when out with my mum, she may be 62 and myself 42, but we are parent and child! :wink:
And just what is it about having a child that makes you unable to walk any distance......Wonder what it was like before we had cars.... :roll:

Offline Skibum346

Attack Member
« Reply #65 on: October 06, 2007, 22:02:46 »
Quote from: "att"
I always park in the parent/child parking space when out with my mum, she may be 62 and myself 42, but we are parent and child! :wink:
And just what is it about having a child that makes you unable to walk any distance......Wonder what it was like before we had cars.... :roll:

I've had a number of discussions with parents who reckon it's ok to use the disabled bays if there aint a parent and child bay around.

One daft bint was shocked when I pointed out that those with disabilities had no choice in the matter. Maybe she was a pro-lifer... anyhow... when she said parents had no choice about having kids... I suggested she and her man could have remained celibate... she didn't like that one bit!

At the bank on Monday and a mother was loading her precioussssssss into the car seat so I asked if she had a disabled badge... she tried ignoring me... HA!

Asked lots of polite questions, kept prompting her for a response. Finally she snapped and threatened to call the police and have me done for harassment... "Please, please, please call the police" was my response! Can you imagine...?! I would probably have been advised not to be offensive or combative, to which of course I would nod politley and say yes sir. But I feel fairly sure she would have had a talking to as well!

I used to carry business cards that I had made up at home with a disabled symbol and the following:

You have parked in a diabled bay without a disabled badge. Is this the ONLY time you put yourself in their place?

Must print some more up.

Skibum

att

« Reply #66 on: October 06, 2007, 22:38:12 »
Quote from: "Skibum346"

I've had a number of discussions with parents who reckon it's ok to use the disabled bays if there aint a parent and child bay around.

One daft bint was shocked when I pointed out that those with disabilities had no choice in the matter. Maybe she was a pro-lifer... anyhow... when she said parents had no choice about having kids... I suggested she and her man could have remained celibate... she didn't like that one bit!

At the bank on Monday and a mother was loading her precioussssssss into the car seat so I asked if she had a disabled badge... she tried ignoring me... HA!

Asked lots of polite questions, kept prompting her for a response. Finally she snapped and threatened to call the police and have me done for harassment... "Please, please, please call the police" was my response! Can you imagine...?! I would probably have been advised not to be offensive or combative, to which of course I would nod politley and say yes sir. But I feel fairly sure she would have had a talking to as well!

I used to carry business cards that I had made up at home with a disabled symbol and the following:

You have parked in a diabled bay without a disabled badge. Is this the ONLY time you put yourself in their place?

Must print some more up.

Skibum

Oh yes, I forgot to add, my mother has been disabled since the age of 49 and has a disabled badge for parking.......It is nice to abuse others parking bays as a disabled ticket holder..... :twisted:

Offline freelanderpx54

Attack Member
« Reply #67 on: October 07, 2007, 00:14:09 »
I agree in principle with disabled bays, it is the ensuring that they are used by bona fide disabled drivers that needs looking at.  I don't agree with parent and child bays because where do you stop? EDIT

If the car parks were arranged in a herringbone pattern then you wouldn't need Parent and child places because the car park places would be easier to access

muddymart

« Reply #68 on: October 07, 2007, 01:37:46 »

Must print some more up.

Skibum

now that is a good idea, Skibum.

I was at our Asda store in Wakefield and with having three young children i do like to park in the parents parking, ( saves the kids knocking the doors on to other cars as the bays are wider)
well after waiting paitiently for this couple loading their shopping in they got in and manouvered out of the space,

so i waved my hand out of the window at them, they stopped " whats wrong" i replied " youv'e forgot your kids" well you can guess the reply i received  " <edit> 4x4 driver "

as like the above post .. abusing parking spaces, in our market place there is free parking, only in one area , so why do taxi drivers use this space to park for free, when they have an allocated rank?
all you get is blank looks when you ask.. :oops:

Offline hairyasswelder

Attack Member
  • It's gonna cost ya
« Reply #69 on: October 07, 2007, 20:40:12 »
Quote from: "freelanderpx54"
If the car parks were arranged in a herringbone pattern then you wouldn't need Parent and child places because the car park places would be easier to access

It is that extra bit of space given that allows you to open your door properly to remove car seat  :wink:
Saves me bashing someones door in when they park too close  :twisted:
Guess you not tried it?

Steve
'88 RR 3.5 efi, an on going project :o) evolving daily/slowly

Offline discomummy

Attack Member
« Reply #70 on: October 09, 2007, 09:16:29 »
Hi,

i carry a disabled sticker in my bag for when my aged father is in my car - he has parkinsons, ischaemic heart disease and a few other choice ailments.  he is now finding it difficult to walk, altho' he looks spritely enuf, i get snotty at people parking in disabled spots without badges- and suggest that their disability may be mental :lol:

the best one that my dad did was when he still drove and had his disabled badge.  he went to a car park and lo and behold a car sans badge in the disabled spot.  there was a policeman there, so dad pointed this out.  the policeman suggested that dad parked behind him and block him in, go do his shopping and not hurry back.

when dad returned, there was a bloke absolutely steaming and a smug looking copper   the bloke had returned, found dad's car in the way and collared the copper about the bad parking - to which the copper pointed out that he was in a disabled bay with no permit and promptly ticketed him.  the bloke then had to wait for dad to return as the copper kept wandering around so he couldn't move dad's car out of the way!

i bet that is one  bloke who never parked in a disabled bay again

regards

ela
Sonar - DII V8 now become a toy
Pugsley (peugeot 407) now sitting dead in a garage workshop, being replaced by Yeti the kia carens!
Bagheera - geoff's new(ish) car - a black jaguar!
love is....a husband who is prepared to put petrol in his wife's V8 without flinching - now has admitted to flinching occasionally

Offline Bunnie

Attack Member
    • portsmouth
« Reply #71 on: October 09, 2007, 09:43:04 »
used to have a smilar problem when i was @ uni... My friend who i attended with we car shared and she is regestered disabled and cant walk long distances... we got moaned @ by one lot to students to which they got showed the badge... they soon shut up

ne way back too the bad parking :D
Suzuki Vitara (Rabbit)- Alive and well
206cc (Puggy) -Sold Defender Black (mummys 90)
Disco 200tdi (Serenity)- Sold
Audi S2 - Rich's beast
Audi 100 - The work horse
Sapphire the Siberian Husky
Skye the Alaskan Marlamute
Devil Ducks (Howard, River & Jayne)

Offline Bush Tucker Man

Attack Member
« Reply #72 on: October 09, 2007, 10:57:03 »
Quote from: "discomummy"
the best one that my dad did was when he still drove and had his disabled badge.  he went to a car park and lo and behold a car sans badge in the disabled spot.  there was a policeman there, so dad pointed this out.  the policeman suggested that dad parked behind him and block him in, go do his shopping and not hurry back.

when dad returned, there was a bloke absolutely steaming and a smug looking copper   the bloke had returned, found dad's car in the way and collared the copper about the bad parking - to which the copper pointed out that he was in a disabled bay with no permit and promptly ticketed him.  the bloke then had to wait for dad to return as the copper kept wandering around so he couldn't move dad's car out of the way!

regards

ela

Excellent, though I bet there's the chance that your dad could have been done for Obstruction if it was on the public highway??
Richard A Thackeray 
Defender 110Td5 'Heritage Gone, but not forgotten
Jaguar XKR; X88 JLT, also 'gone, but not forgotten'

Yorkshire Born & Bred, and proud of it.

"You Can Allus Tell A Yorkshireman, But You Can't tell Him Owt!"

Offline Skibum346

Attack Member
« Reply #73 on: October 09, 2007, 12:19:21 »
Quote from: "Bush Tucker Man"
Quote from: "discomummy"

regards

ela

Excellent, though I bet there's the chance that your dad could have been done for Obstruction if it was on the public highway??

That's the biggest problem... most disabled bays (at supermarkets etc) are on private land so no offence commited. Despite site owners having the power in England (where the don't in Scotland) to clamp, in general they refuse to do so due to danger of being sued for damage caused to vehicles.

I had a long conversation with my local Sainsbury's manager and he agreed to instigate a public humiliation message over the tannoy... something along the lines of...

We endevour to provide high quality services for ourt customers, one of these services is dedicated bays for disabled parking. These bays are provided for disabled badge holders only. Would the owner of car registration XXXX please return to their car and remove it from the disabled parking area.

It's an imporvement on the origonal message, has potential to embarress & humiliate and acts as a reminder to others who may lapse into this bad habit.

Skibum

Offline Range Rover Blues

Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
« Reply #74 on: October 09, 2007, 13:26:29 »
Personally I dont see why parent and child spaces should take precedence over everyone else.  I can understand why they need to be wider, to stop the sometimes ignorant owners damaging other people's cars because they are too engrossed in what they are doing to give a damn (and we let these people drive?) but why the hell should they  be next to the door? perhaps if they were at the far end of the carpark the kids would get the exercise they needed once in a while without running around the store making a nuisance of themselves.

Seriously though, what really annoys me is when the parent and child spaces are next to the door and the disabled spaces are not.  One big chain pub has opend near us and thre diabled spaces are round the back.  What use is that?

Parent and child? it's a PUB for crying out loud.
Blue,  1988  Range Rover 3.5 EFi with plenty of toys bolted on
Chuggaboom, 1995 Range Rover Classic
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

Offline hairyasswelder

Attack Member
  • It's gonna cost ya
« Reply #75 on: October 09, 2007, 15:46:10 »
Quote from: "Range Rover Blues"
Parent and child? it's a PUB for crying out loud.

Pubs are not pubs any more.... they are more licenced cafe s  :roll:

Was thinking more space cause of lifting car seat rather than little brats, as for close to store... have you tried carrying the little boy... my arms are now 2" longer  :lol:  :lol:

:wink:
'88 RR 3.5 efi, an on going project :o) evolving daily/slowly

Offline muddyjames

Attack Member
« Reply #76 on: October 09, 2007, 16:44:23 »
I am SO glad you lot werent around Chesterfield in the summer. the number of times I had to park in Tesco's with a lwb tranist van and a box trailer. My record was 6 car parking spaces. How else could I park apart from going lengthways across empty spaces. I would like to add though I parked in the furthest point from the doors not to annoy people hopefully!
Rover 620i 223,000 miles on the clock :)
1995 300tdi auto ES Disco. Big Green Giant

Most expensive item for a Disco is????? a round piece of paper stuck on the windscreen!

Offline simdeb

Attack Member
« Reply #77 on: October 09, 2007, 22:01:19 »
my funniest moment was in the local hospital queuing up for spaces a woman in front of me couldn't get her corsa into a space stating to the attendant theres not enough room, he heard me laugh and said what do you think i said watch me and reversed straight back!!!!

my reply was i know how to drive mine!!! :twisted:  :twisted:

Debbie
North Nottinghamshire rep for GLASS

nottinghamshirenorth.rep@glass-uk.org

Offline Skibum346

Attack Member
« Reply #78 on: October 09, 2007, 23:19:36 »
Quote from: "simdeb"
my funniest moment was in the local hospital queuing up for spaces a woman in front of me couldn't get her corsa into a space stating to the attendant theres not enough room, he heard me laugh and said what do you think i said watch me and reversed straight back!!!!

my reply was i know how to drive mine!!! :twisted:  :twisted:

Debbie

=D>  =D>  =D>  =D>  =D>  =D>  =D>

Wifie took me to an army college reunion where I bumped into 4 guys I trained with (who thought I was dead bu that's another story! :shock:  :roll: ).

Anyway, she drove 5 drunken squaddies into town and then reverse parked in a space going up a steep hill (Harrogate for t'Yorkshire fowk 'at there) without missing a beat!

**Thinks we need a bows down in worship smilie!**

Skibum

Offline Jesska

Attack Member
« Reply #79 on: October 10, 2007, 07:04:39 »
Personally I dont see why parent and child spaces should take precedence over everyone else.

Apart from the fact my son weighs the same as a full grown hippo.... no there is no reason really why parent and child spaces should be near the supermarket, as long as they provide wider bays so I don't have to bash peoples doors in I'm not bothered (my son is 7 months old, so still in full rear facing car seat).

However... I do have some reservations over the disabled bays as... well my mother with her various ailments which now includes full blown heart failure could have a disabled badge if she wanted to, but she doesn't because she doesn't want people to think she is disabled. She gets on perfectly well and still works weekends, which begs the question, do they just hand these out to people when really they are not necessary??? I obviously realise there are people that genuinely need them and need to be close to the stores/pubs/whatever...

The one that sticks in my mind, probably more for the fact I was in labour and about to give birth was when I waddled across our hospital car park and a undisabled driver had parked in a disabled bay and some obviously annoyed disabled person had put a sticker on his window saying

"Well you have took my parking space do you want my disability too?"

Oh and getting back to the thread... if we'd have took a photo we could have possibly won the worst parked vehicle, when we visited Meadowhall recently (huge big shopping centre for those who don't know what I'm talking about) we had to straddle 2 'normal' car parking spcaes in order to change Erik, we then got shouted at by a lady for our 'lousy' parking because she had brought her mother who apparently couldn't walk very far and she needed to park close to the store.... She was not impressed when we told her if he mother was so badly disabled she should use a disabled bay and if she is unable to walk bringing her to such a place wasn't the brightest idea... needless to say she walked off in disgust... I dread to think her reaction if we'd been in the Range Rover  :lol:

Offline BigSi

Attack Member
« Reply #80 on: October 10, 2007, 08:13:23 »
When I worked at a hospital, you would see people drive up to the main entrance, drop off their disabled passenger, drive to and park in the disabled bays (displaying their passengers disabled badge), and then run back to the main entrance to escort their disabled passenger to their appointment!!!  :x  :x  :x  :x
“I am an expert of electricity. My father occupied the chair of applied electricity at the state prison.”

Offline Evilgoat

Attack Member
« Reply #81 on: October 10, 2007, 11:00:50 »
Was a Big green Discovery parked outside yesterday, one wheel up onto the pavement.

I'll get my coat before the admin concerned arrives  :D
I must confess the the activities of the UK governments for the past couple of years have been watched with frank admiration and amazement by Lord Vetinari. Outright theft as a policy had never occured to him.

-- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)

EX HK Police Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8TD
Audi S2 Avant 360bhp
Transit LWB 2.5di (The Shed)

Offline Niel

Attack Member
« Reply #82 on: October 10, 2007, 16:38:01 »
A one from todays marathon drive in, and a few others:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/nieljohn/

Offline chris9119

Attack Member
  • The New Big Boy, Gert...
    • Lordswood, Kent
« Reply #83 on: October 10, 2007, 17:27:11 »
Try this one  :wink:
Chris
Si hoc adfixum in obice legere potes, et liberaliter educatus et nimis propinquus ades

http://members.mud-club.com/profiles/chris9119/gallery

Mud-Clubbers do it on channel 30

Offline L90OOK

Attack Member
    • Somerset
« Reply #84 on: October 10, 2007, 18:10:21 »
Quote from: "chris9119"
Try this one  :wink:

Try this one  :wink:  :lol:

Quote from: "Eeyore"
Glean the usual stuff off the web (you know, Mondeo parked over the harbour, that kind off thing) will be classed as cheating and we'll leave the ones of accidents out too. Apart from that - make us giggle*!

Dudes and dudettes, start your cameras!

Cheers
 8)
Eeyore

:roll:  :roll:  :lol:  :lol:
Did everyone see that?  Because I will NOT be doing it again!

Offline simdeb

Attack Member
« Reply #85 on: October 10, 2007, 20:51:39 »
tonight went for my sons swimming lessons took my parked in disabled bay put blue badge in window.  

came out and a person had parked over the yellow stripes and was just into the disabled bay with me!!!!!!

my mum bless her said cant you climb over (in a rrc) i'm not as able as i was!!!!

i left a little note which said
'thank you for parking like a a******, i have parked in disabled bay for a reason, if there are any scratches,marks on your car you are responsible, i have also got photos of your illegal parking!'

this was an Audi car.  i wonder if they will park next to me next week!!!

debbie
North Nottinghamshire rep for GLASS

nottinghamshirenorth.rep@glass-uk.org

Offline Niel

Attack Member
« Reply #86 on: October 10, 2007, 21:53:01 »
Quote from: "simdeb"
tonight went for my sons swimming lessons took my parked in disabled bay put blue badge in window.  

came out and a person had parked over the yellow stripes and was just into the disabled bay with me!!!!!!

this was an Audi car.  i wonder if they will park next to me next week!!!

debbie

Audi = Another Un Doubted Idiot
atleast around here it does now they're popular as rep mobiles and they all seem to be racing each other...

Offline TDi90

Attack Member
  • Rolly - Under Construction...
« Reply #87 on: October 10, 2007, 22:03:15 »
generalisazion.
TDi90
~The DFYTR Moderation Team~

Offline Lord Shagg-Pyle

Attack Member
  • "Where we're going, we don't need roads!"
« Reply #88 on: October 10, 2007, 22:23:22 »
From my American colleagues

Offline datalas

• Administrator
    Attack Member
« Reply #89 on: October 10, 2007, 22:36:05 »
Quote from: "Evilgoat"
Was a Big green Discovery parked outside yesterday, one wheel up onto the pavement.

I'll get my coat before the admin concerned arrives  :D

Ahem...  It may interest you to know that the reason I was parked like that is because trucks keep hitting my wing mirrors....
--

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal