AuthorTopic: Overheating 300tdi  (Read 7011 times)

Offline bilge rat

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Overheating 300tdi
« Reply #30 on: September 05, 2007, 21:39:58 »
cant beleive that , hope you get hold of him good, thing about the temp guage is sometimes iff theres no water it cant read anything, such a shame. dont you think its salvagable. make him contribute . iff it hadnt have been skimmed and you had known  it would have been much more easy to diagnose and then not braking your engine. alan.....

Offline SteveGoodz

Attack Member
Overheating 300tdi
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2007, 22:50:54 »
Quote from: "discograham"

No comeback on it... My fault, as he said he'd skim it for £50...

Since when did liability stop just because the job was done on the cheap? If nothing else he is possibly guilty of fraud as he said he'd skim it but he didn't. Maybe he'd like a chat to your local constabulary about that?

Otherwise, sympathies for your dead motor :cry:
Regards

Steve G
"Paddy" a 1996 3.9 V8 ES Auto Discovery
A re-imported Japanese model running on LPG

Offline discograham

Attack Member
Overheating 300tdi
« Reply #32 on: September 06, 2007, 23:37:36 »
She still starts and runs... but lumpy as hell... bottom end sounds ok, but that dosen't really mean anything... another full strip I guess... God alone knows what damage is there, as she siezed up solid on the dual carriage way and had to be towed home...  
I am pretty sure that the head was cracked when it went back on after the last strip...it's the most likely cause of the problems...

As for the guy that did the "skim" and pressure test for me....

Friend of a friend and all that, and was paid cash, no proof etc, oh... and he's skipped town due to other issues ( yep... he is a toerag... ).... :evil:

But I have a long memory.... :twisted:
*The grave of Karl Marx is just another communist plot*
*Racial prejudice is a pigment of the imagination*
*Last Tuesdays meeting of the apathy society has just been cancelled*

HORNET
Disco 300tdi ES, Rebel steering guard, QT diff guards, QT cones, Pro-comp ES9000 shocks, 2" lift, Extended stops,  Safari snorkel, 33/12.50/15 Khumo's, Greenway light bar, Rock and tree sliders, nice new door seals and an empty wallet.

MKMC

www.crag-uk.org

www.northants-green-lane.co.uk

www.northants4x4.com

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal