Vehicle & Technical > Jeep

Wrangler: A viable agricultural utility vehicle?

(1/3) > >>

ThatAintNoLandy:
Many years ago my good old Dad learned to drive on a farm in a ex-army Willys MB before the first Land Rover was produced. After WWII they were popular amongst farmers just as the Defender is now.

Driving past the Land Rover dealer in Newport Pagnell I noticed the windscreen price of a Defender was £27K. I expect that a Wrangler straight from the dealer may not be as off road capable as a Defender due to it suffering from a collection of tarmac performance mods. But consider that a brand new 4.0L sport model can be bought for £15,730 and an off road modification pack comprising a 2.5" lift and 31" mud tyres at £1500 fitted. This makes for a very capable utility vehicle for less than £17.5K with the same cargo area as a Defender 90 and no wading plugs.

muddyweb:
The thing that Defenders have which not many others do is that 'hose-ability'.  Jeep don't do a pickup version do they ?

There's a lot more Mitsubishi and Toyota vehicles appearing on farms these days, as they do have the same practicality as the LR, but without the price tag.

landynutter:
landrovers tend to cope better as the tought stuff on farms and so on and series ones are great for it

Axle:
You would not think it  but i know a farmer  who runs a old model pagero .completely stock and he goes places where you would nt get a tractor up

Rob

Axle:
You would not think it  but i know a farmer  who runs a old model pagero .completely stock and he goes places where you would nt get a tractor up

Rob

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version