AuthorTopic: The Moan Thread  (Read 9507 times)

Offline thermidorthelobster

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
The Moan Thread
« on: August 24, 2007, 11:28:42 »
I feel like a moan and thought, why not just start a moan thread so everybody else can weigh in as well.

I'm sick of the supermarkets only stocking drinks that are No Added Sugar!  I hate the taste of nutrasweet or whatever it is they use these days!  I'd much rather rot my teeth a bit and actually have a drink I can drink without gagging.  At least give me the choice, for god's sake, oh evil supermarket demons.
David French
Tree-hugging communist
1999 Discovery II TD5 Manual
Patriot roof rack, QT Services diff guards front & rear, DiscoParts steering guard[/url], Autologic ECU upgrade, 2" Old Man Emu lift, 235/85R16 BF Goodrich All Terrains, Safari snorkel, DiscoParts jackable sills, Warn Tabor 9000

Ex Disco 200TDI, P38a 4.6HSE and 101FC 6x6 Camper.  Africa Trip Blog

Offline Jas278

Attack Member
The Moan Thread
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007, 11:42:59 »
I wish people would stop moaning.......... :shock:

Discovery TD5......Tricked Up..

Attack Member
The Moan Thread
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2007, 11:50:06 »
Well, given the thread title, there is always the possibility you could just have avoided reading the thread.
David French
Tree-hugging communist
Patriot roof rack, QT Services diff guards front & rear, DiscoParts steering guard[/url], Autologic ECU upgrade, 2" Old Man Emu lift, 235/85R16 BF Goodrich All Terrains, Safari snorkel, DiscoParts jackable sills, Warn Tabor 9000

Offline Keri

Attack Member
The Moan Thread
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2007, 12:02:05 »
bit like butter with no salt and other such stuff  :roll:

Offline Jas278

Attack Member
The Moan Thread
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2007, 12:02:35 »
Quote from: "thermidorthelobster"
Well, given the thread title, there is always the possibility you could just have avoided reading the thread.

Just giving you another opportunity............ :-({|=

Discovery TD5......Tricked Up..

Attack Member
The Moan Thread
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2007, 12:26:53 »
Why thank you  8)
David French
Tree-hugging communist

AbyssDJ

The Moan Thread
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2007, 13:02:13 »
cool... is this the standard and default moan thread now? maybe there will be less moaning in the rest of the threads? :roll:  8)

Offline strapping young lad

Attack Member
The Moan Thread
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2007, 13:31:51 »
why did the big mars and marathon go from big to two small ones

also

why do banks take forever if you ask them to do something but if they want something out of you the postman cant drive quick enough :(

Offline V8MoneyPit

Attack Member
The Moan Thread
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2007, 13:51:36 »
And on the bank theme....

Why does 'electronic transfer' disappear from your account instantly, but if you are waiting for it to come into your account it takes 3 days?

Oh, and why do I have to go through about 6 layers of "Press 1 to do this, Press 2 to do that, etc" before I can actually talk to a human being? And when I finally get through to that human being they are barely capable of speaking English?!
Rgds
Steve

"Reality is wrong. Dreams are for real."

Land Rover build:
www.daisythediesel.com

Photos (my other passion and weakness):
http://www.flickr.com/photos/v8moneypit/

Offline Lyndsey731

Attack Member
The Moan Thread
« Reply #9 on: August 24, 2007, 14:37:00 »
Keeping with banks and moans

Went to the bank a while ago on a Thursday and wanted to take out a grand to pay a builder. I was told that because it was a bank holiday weekend I could only have 500 per day because they wouldn't have any more deliveries until the next week and other people MIGHT want money. I informed her that I had the money in my account and DID want it, again I was told no. I then asked if I came back in again tomorrow could I  have another 500 and was told yes :shock: ! Asking if she could see how this could possibly seen as absolute madness I was simply told sorry only 500 per day.

Gav

Offline Evilgoat

Attack Member
The Moan Thread
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2007, 15:14:07 »
Dairy free Yoghurt

I mean [Edited]?!
I must confess the the activities of the UK governments for the past couple of years have been watched with frank admiration and amazement by Lord Vetinari. Outright theft as a policy had never occured to him.

-- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)

EX HK Police Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8TD
Audi S2 Avant 360bhp
Transit LWB 2.5di (The Shed)

Attack Member
The Moan Thread
« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2007, 15:40:59 »
Quote from: "Lyndsey731"
I then asked if I came back in again tomorrow could I  have another 500 and was told yes :shock: ! Asking if she could see how this could possibly seen as absolute madness I was simply told sorry only 500 per day.

A while back Debenhams were doing buy 2, get 1 free on dinner plates.  So I took 6 to the till, saying I wanted to buy 2, get one free, twice.  The assistant was adamant I couldn't do that.  I could only buy 5 and get one free.  She got quite snotty and called her manager.  He agreed with her.  So I said OK, I'll buy 2 and get one free, then leave the shop, come back in again, and buy the next 2 and get the next one free.  In the end they agreed to let me buy 4 get 2 free but with incredibly bad grace.  They just couldn't get it at all.  The thing is, as ppl may have noticed, when I think I'm definitely right, I'll sit there and argue the toss until the cows come home  :roll:
David French
Tree-hugging communist

Attack Member
The Moan Thread
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2007, 15:47:30 »
Quote from: "Lyndsey731"
I informed her that I had the money in my account and DID want it, again I was told no.

That also reminds me of when I went to blow up the tyres on the 101 at the local garage.  Went in and asked for 5 20p pieces for a pound.  "No, you can only have 2."  Why, have you run out?  "No, but other people might want them, to blow up their tyres."  But I want them to blow up my tyres!  What's the use of half-blowing-up my tyres?  I should have come back in with a false beard...
David French
Tree-hugging communist

Offline V8MoneyPit

Attack Member
The Moan Thread
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2007, 17:24:31 »
Quote from: "Evilgoat"
Dairy free Yoghurt

I mean [Edited]?!

Not so much a moan, but this reminded me of the section in our local Sainsbury's.
The sign over the isle reads 'Free of food'  :lol:
Meaning 'Free of sugar' or 'free of wheat', etc. But I just had an immediate image of empty packets  :lol:
Rgds
Steve

Land Rover build:
www.daisythediesel.com

Offline beast5680

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
    • hailsham east sussex
The Moan Thread
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2007, 17:58:10 »
why do people wait 5 yards up the road from a perfectly good zebra crossing and then give you evils when they have to walk round you when you stop for someone actually on it :?
Neal

let him that hath understanding reckon the number of the beast

He, who laughs last, laughs best. He who laughs at Chuck Norris dies.

Offline V8MoneyPit

Attack Member
The Moan Thread
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2007, 18:01:18 »
Ah, well done.... I wondered how long it would take to get on to road use  :lol:
Rgds
Steve

Land Rover build:
www.daisythediesel.com

Offline Biodiesel-Bev

Attack Member
The Moan Thread
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2007, 20:29:28 »
What really annoys me is when you hold the door open for someone, or move aside to let someone pass and they don't say thank you.  I can often be heard to say rather loudly to the ill-mannered blighters "YES, YOU'RE WELCOME!"    :(bigangry):

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

*******    Greenworld Biodiesel Ltd, Brook Mill, Carr Lane, Slaithwaite, Huddersfield HD7 5BQ     *******

www.greenworldbiodiesel.co.uk ~ enqs@greenworldbiodiesel.co.uk
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"The use of vegetable oils for engine fuels may seem insignificant today.  But such oils may become, in the course of time, as important as petroleum and the coal tar products of the present day."  - Rudolph Diesel (1858-1913)

Offline richo

Attack Member
The Moan Thread
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2007, 20:42:23 »
I hate it when you agree a payment day when on a job with a customer and they sod off to france for the long weekend with out telling you they are and when you ring them up to ask them where you money is they don't anwser.
Jesus was a carpenter but god was a plasterer.

Offline Bush Tucker Man

Attack Member
The Moan Thread
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2007, 20:46:33 »
Quote from: "biodiesel-queen"
What really annoys me is when you hold the door open for someone, or move aside to let someone pass and they don't say thank you.  I can often be heard to say rather loudly to the ill-mannered blighters "YES, YOU'RE WELCOME!"    :(bigangry):

Happens a lot at work, a large majority of Doctors (& management) think they're so important that they simply can't speak to other staff even to be polite.

Having said that our own Consultants are a good natured bunch, & the Clinical Psychologists are great too
Richard A Thackeray 
Defender 110Td5 'Heritage Gone, but not forgotten
Jaguar XKR; X88 JLT, also 'gone, but not forgotten'

Yorkshire Born & Bred, and proud of it.

"You Can Allus Tell A Yorkshireman, But You Can't tell Him Owt!"

Attack Member
The Moan Thread
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2007, 22:11:16 »
Quote from: "richo"
I hate it when you agree a payment day when on a job with a customer and they sod off to france for the long weekend with out telling you they are and when you ring them up to ask them where you money is they don't anwser.

My plasterer turned up a week late (after I'd moved all the furniture out of the main room, including the piano, and lifted the carpets) and then had a major hissy fit at me for having the nerve to leave messages on his answerphone asking where he was.  :twisted:  I wouldn't wee on him if he was on fire.
David French
Tree-hugging communist

Offline Boggert

Attack Member
The Moan Thread
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2007, 22:59:06 »
How about a Rant...

I was very nearly wiped out to day by some dizzy old git who just could not see a bis ass white car with yellow stripes and blue lights closing the road, all the traffic had stopped but thit idiot thought out of all the cars he was allowed to over take and go through the road closed sign at about 50mph.

Do's and don’ts of a police road closure...

Do's......

Slow down
Go where you are directed to (even if you are lost)
Wave you hand to acknowledge the officer.
Carry a map (Its not our job to tell you where to go)
Turn around safely

Don'ts....

Don't try to drive around the road block
Don't Wave you arms at the officer (Its not their fault the road is closed)
Don't shout at the officer
Don't Pull up and ask "Can I go through?" why should you be allowed to and everyone else has to turn around??
Don't try to blag it!
Don't ask "Well how an I meant to get home??"
Don't ask directions... Get a map or GPS!
Don't pull up get out and ask "What’s going on?"
Don't stop and stare

Ok guys rant over... I do feel a bit better... :lol:
If want to walk it walk it, if you want to ride it ride it just leave me alone to drive it!

"Save The Cheer leader, save the world"

Offline The Landy Guy

Attack Member
The Moan Thread
« Reply #21 on: August 25, 2007, 01:39:32 »
fair enough points there
Series Rule!!!!

1970 Series 2A SWB(89-inch) Truck Cab

Offline gtomo2

Attack Member
The Moan Thread
« Reply #22 on: August 25, 2007, 08:00:34 »
My moan is why when there is a small shunt in the say south bound lane  why is it the traffic in the north bound lane has to slow down to a 4 mph crwal to go pass it. Its very frustrating for us lgv drivers who are limited with driving time. and all it doues nine out of ten time is course a smash north bound as the rep on his /her phone piles into the slow traffic in front of them. I cal it the blue light syndruim like a fly attracted to the light on the fly zapper. Car drivers have to slow down as they look at the pritty blue lights.
Mr Graeme Thomas (tomo)
300 TDi Discovery - So i can go fording
Stop laughing put the camera down AND PASS ME THE TOW ROPE !! PLEASE

Offline gtomo2

Attack Member
The Moan Thread
« Reply #23 on: August 25, 2007, 08:09:54 »
And why when a lgv is taking up two lanes of a road coming up to a sharp bend or junction in a town some one has to try and sqeeze down the gap between the truck and the pavement then try and go around the blind side as you are turning and taking up the whole road. Why can't they teach car drivers some does and don'ts of things not to do near a lgv.
Mr Graeme Thomas (tomo)
300 TDi Discovery - So i can go fording
Stop laughing put the camera down AND PASS ME THE TOW ROPE !! PLEASE

Attack Member
The Moan Thread
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2007, 09:04:00 »
Quote from: "Boggert"

Isn't this why you're issued with batons?
David French
Tree-hugging communist

Offline Bush Tucker Man

Attack Member
The Moan Thread
« Reply #25 on: August 25, 2007, 09:47:51 »
How about a Rant...

I was very nearly wiped out to day by some dizzy old git who just could not see a bis ass white car with yellow stripes and blue lights closing the road, all the traffic had stopped but thit idiot thought out of all the cars he was allowed to over take and go through the road closed sign at about 50mph.

Some of our Ambulance crews often have similar tales & have even had irate motorists open the rear doors whilst they're treating a patient inside & asked how long they'll be parked in the middle of the road/over their drive/in the way.

If there's one of your (West Yorkshire Constabulary) collegues around, they'll intervene, otherwise the individual often gets a less than polite reply from the crew :roll:
Richard A Thackeray 
Defender 110Td5 'Heritage Gone, but not forgotten
Jaguar XKR; X88 JLT, also 'gone, but not forgotten'

Yorkshire Born & Bred, and proud of it.

"You Can Allus Tell A Yorkshireman, But You Can't tell Him Owt!"

Offline tomarse

Attack Member
The Moan Thread
« Reply #26 on: August 25, 2007, 09:54:47 »
Quote from: "richo"

My plasterer turned up a week late (after I'd moved all the furniture out of the main room, including the piano, and lifted the carpets) and then had a major hissy fit at me for having the nerve to leave messages on his answerphone asking where he was.  :twisted:  I wouldn't wee on him if he was on fire.

Assuming you hadnt already paid him, I'd have waited for him to unload his tools out of his van and then told him i'd changed my mind and didnt want the job doing anymore.
Youve already put up with the disruption for a week, why not put up with it a bit longer while you wait for someone else to come do the job?

When someone messes you about and doesnt deliver when expected or answer the phone when you ring them, then if money hasnt already changed hands I find it quite satisfying to go somewhere else and let the original people know when they finally turn up/get in touch :)

Offline BrumLee

Attack Member
The Moan Thread
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2007, 12:30:56 »
Quote from: "strapping young lad"
why did the big mars and marathon go from big to two small ones

also

why do banks take forever if you ask them to do something but if they want something out of you the postman cant drive quick enough :(

Exactly  :evil: Sent in a letter to close my account, they dragged their feet closing it and charged me double months account charges for one day of the month  :evil:  :evil:
Lee from Brum

Offline Boggert

Attack Member
The Moan Thread
« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2007, 17:40:08 »

Isn't this why you're issued with batons?

LOL now there is a thought, or perhaps a 8 cell maglite will also do!
If want to walk it walk it, if you want to ride it ride it just leave me alone to drive it!

"Save The Cheer leader, save the world"

Offline Highlander1

Attack Member
The Moan Thread
« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2007, 19:52:57 »
ITS STILL FLICKIN RAINING :(bigangry):
Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal