AuthorTopic: alarm dont work what should i check?  (Read 343 times)

Offline windowlicker

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
alarm dont work what should i check?
« on: August 20, 2007, 19:15:57 »
ive recently bought a 300tdi on a 95 m plate and i have no central locking and no alarm s i started a thread about the locking and checked all the things i was told and all seems visually ok even the solenoids in the doors so now im guessing its the alarm thats affecting the locking.

i have two remotes one of which lights up when i press the button and the other doesnt light up at all but i do have a little key that i was told is for the alarm but i cant find a key hole anywhere to be honest i cant even find anything that resembles an alarm

so basicly if anyone knows anything that my help or shed some light on the little key please speak up as manually locking all the doors is crazing me!

cheers
kev

Offline Evilgoat

Attack Member
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2007, 20:16:30 »
Hi

You should have a siren unit somewhere under the bonnet. The key will be for that as it'll go spastic if you pull the battery off and its not been turned off with they key. Its possible the CL has something to do this but you'll need to find the alarm control unit and tell us all what it is. Only one I've seen used on a disco so far is a Sigma, but then I've only really grubbed around one Disco
I must confess the the activities of the UK governments for the past couple of years have been watched with frank admiration and amazement by Lord Vetinari. Outright theft as a policy had never occured to him.

-- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)

EX HK Police Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8TD
Audi S2 Avant 360bhp
Transit LWB 2.5di (The Shed)

Offline windowlicker

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2007, 20:48:46 »
hi cheers for the reply as far as i know its a standard alarm as it has the same fob that my cousins disco has.
im sure there isnt a siren under the bonet but there was another horn near the drivers side turret but i will have another look incase i was looking straight at it and it not register with my brain as that seems to happen quite often :?

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal