AuthorTopic: Is it fair to mock freelanders  (Read 11492 times)

Offline Range Rover Blues

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
  • Referrals: 0
Is it fair to mock freelanders
« Reply #30 on: August 09, 2007, 16:20:57 »
We trst drove 2 freebies before J bought the RRC.  They were everything I was warned they would be, slow, noisey and bad handling.  Added to the cost of buying one that hadn't been to the moon and back we just walked away.

How do you guy sput up with the constant droning that comes form no-where at all? I was in one of them for 10 minutes and I'd had enough.
Blue,  1988  Range Rover 3.5 EFi with plenty of toys bolted on
Chuggaboom, 1995 Range Rover Classic
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

Offline V8MoneyPit

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Is it fair to mock freelanders
« Reply #31 on: August 09, 2007, 16:30:39 »
Quote from: "Range Rover Blues"
How do you guy sput up with the constant droning that comes form no-where at all? I was in one of them for 10 minutes and I'd had enough.

Well, it ain't a roller, but I don't think it's too noisy. We regularly drive from Norfolk to Glasgow and only have one short stop. We find it comfortable and plenty fast enough. It is fair to say the petrol one we had was noisier than the TD4 we have now. We get a bit of tyre roar on the motorway from the BFG tyres, but otherwise its fine.

But otherwise I drive something that sounds like it belongs on a drag strip! So it's all relative!
Rgds
Steve

"Reality is wrong. Dreams are for real."

Land Rover build:
www.daisythediesel.com

Photos (my other passion and weakness):
http://www.flickr.com/photos/v8moneypit/

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal