Vehicle & Technical > Series Land Rovers

DIY Snorkels

(1/2) > >>

owenj:
I would like to water-proof my petrol s3, and think I have most the electrics covered, but not quite sure how to tackle a snorkle - as always cheap as possible is the name of the game.

Is this something anyone has any experience of and if so I'd appreciate some pointers.

Cheers.

turtle:
Owen,

Checkout Frankie-Boy posting a bit further down titled Snorkel Top, he describes in their how he made his.

Regards

George the Disco:
Alternatively do a search on the postings that I've done about my home made snorkle which cost the princely sum of £45.

cheers

Chris

Frankie-Boy:
Owen,

I've sent you a PM.

Frankie-Boy:
Hi Owen,

I'll try to give you an idea of what you'll need to make a snorkel for your series landy.

Firstly you've gotta get some piping, I used 68mm black gutter downpipe and Two, 90 degree bends a 45 degree bend, you will have to cut a hole in the top of the wing, don't go buying a special tool for this, you can use mine, you will also need some solvent to fix it all together, again, I've got some of that spare too so you can have that for free, it's not hard to put together once you get it all cut to shape, you will also need a top, as in the thread "Snorkel Top", I can help you fit it if you like.

Let me know what you think.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version