AuthorTopic: Kennels been refused water.  (Read 869 times)

Offline Yoshi

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
Kennels been refused water.
« on: July 27, 2007, 15:47:13 »
Just read in the paper that kennels in gloucester have been refused water and also told that they should "throw out" pets in their care.

Talk about absolutely disgusting.

Also read that a kennels owner from up here has taken a van load of clean drinking water down to the gloucester rspca centre.

I think that putting pets after people is wrong, to some people these animals are a family member not just an animal :(

1995 Discovery XS 300TDi 4" lift and ready to go!

There is no devil, theres only god when he's drunk - Tom Waits.

Offline 666

Attack Member
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2007, 15:57:22 »
Surley refusing water to animals is classed as cruelty?
And aint cruelty to animals an offence in law? :roll:  :roll:

Cheers

Mark

Offline Lucy1978

Attack Member
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2007, 16:14:25 »
I think that putting pets after people is wrong

Ok, it's fresh water for your kids or fresh water for your dog?

I think the dog can go drink from the toilet/stream/etc.

Offline Keri

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2007, 16:21:53 »
Quote from: "climbingchris"

I think the word used was clean water.... After all if sewage has over flowed and so on "clean" water might be a little harder to find even from streams etc. Would you want your dog drinking raw sewage?

And some people don't have kids they have animals instead that mean just as much to them as a child means to you.

Offline strapping young lad

Attack Member
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2007, 17:08:27 »
i own a boarding kennels and this worries me cos if you werent aware this time of year is the busiest cos the kids holidays, we are now full until sept and if something like this happened god knows how we'd cope, fortunately if we got flooded most of lancashire would have to be under water first!

me and the boss were talking about this last night and wondered how would we deal with it, cos if the kennels DID get flooded what would we do with the dogs and cats since the owners would be abroad or away on holiday at least

rspca is our only option i guess.....

Edge

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2007, 17:10:41 »
Cruelty to animals.... perhaps the kennels should go upstream from the sewage works and get water (although im all for giving the young hooligans around here sewage to drink). Dont forget in sewage.. theres paint/paint stripper/thinners/bleach/blu loo/ washing up liquid/ dishwasher tablets "obviously in liquid form"/ gold fish "dead"/puke/wee/poo/cillit bang/ mr.muscle/ ajax/ shampoo/soap etc etc etc..... no-way would i give any animal that to drink.

screwy

« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2007, 18:49:01 »
I have to say I agree with Chris here, peole must come before animals every time.

Having said that, I keep asking myself what kind of crap government has allowed Enlgand to degenerate enough that these choices are even presented?

Flooding happened days ago and was predicted weeks before that. If you want any further proof of the complete inadequecy of this government to actually govern, this must surely be it. An advance western civilisation experiencing the same conditions as the third world and now starving their animals of water, all because it rained a bit hard last weekend?? Disgusting. Remember this come election time.....

Offline Evilgoat

Attack Member
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2007, 19:28:18 »
Hmm, seems that everyone is blaming the environment agency.

would that be the agency that has been crying out for funding for repairs for years?

the one thats been warning about all the building and development on floodplains for years?

the one that was warning the govt this was going to happen for years?

As for the water, its harsh but if it came down to doggie or kids getting fresh water the kids win. Besides, I've seen what saffy eats/drinks given chance and its not killed her yet, theyd drink worse in the wild.
I must confess the the activities of the UK governments for the past couple of years have been watched with frank admiration and amazement by Lord Vetinari. Outright theft as a policy had never occured to him.

-- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)

EX HK Police Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8TD
Audi S2 Avant 360bhp
Transit LWB 2.5di (The Shed)

Offline MudRat

Attack Member
Re: Kennels been refused water.
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2007, 19:45:29 »
Quote from: "BadgersRover"

I think that putting pets after people is wrong, to some people these animals are a family member not just an animal :(

I  am sorry but i would save my boy over my dog any day of the week!

Offline barnhill4x4

Attack Member
Re: Kennels been refused water.
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2007, 20:13:38 »
Quote from: "MudRat"
Quote from: "BadgersRover"

I  am sorry but i would save my boy over my dog any day of the week!

Fair enough if it was a matter of life or death but its not as if its the whole country without water and its not as if there is a national shortage is it.
  Fairly easy to get water supplies out to people these days, just takes a bit of organising. Its a pity that this country is better at looking after people in other countries than it is at looking after its own

Offline Oz

Attack Member
    • Guildford
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2007, 20:47:21 »
Quote from: "666"

Cheers

Mark

lol it is only a law if we do summin wrong. If the government do summin wrong whos gonna stop them....

see the point?

Offline madmatt

Attack Member
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2007, 21:18:26 »
Quote from: "Evilgoat"
Hmm, seems that everyone is blaming the environment agency.

would that be the agency that has been crying out for funding for repairs for years?

the one thats been warning about all the building and development on floodplains for years?

the one that was warning the govt this was going to happen for years?

As for the water, its harsh but if it came down to doggie or kids getting fresh water the kids win. Besides, I've seen what saffy eats/drinks given chance and its not killed her yet, theyd drink worse in the wild.

Yep thats the agency! its also the agency where  the lads and lasses on the ground busted a gut last weekend in the severn area working for hrs in horrendous conditions, some traveled for 12-15hrs on friday to get to severn to work all weekend and how does this government repay them, well it cut their budget by 14 million last year!
Land Rover Defender 130 with Hyd winch and Log splitter, also has just the odd light here and there!!!

Offline 666

Attack Member
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2007, 21:30:04 »
Quote from: "Oz"
Quote from: "666"

Cheers

Mark

lol it is only a law if we do summin wrong. If the government do summin wrong whos gonna stop them....

see the point?

Yes,
Sadly this seems very true :cry:

Cheers

Mark

Offline simdeb

Attack Member
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2007, 21:55:58 »
i have 3 dogs and i think all my boys would cut down their intake to save their pets as some one said before they eat, drink anything from dirty socks to sheep ****, my dogs will drink  the 'dirty' water out of a tyre, but to be fair if i had paid to put my dogs in  kennels i would at least expect a phone call to say they had a difficulty that would affect my dogs!  but then again i always leave my mums/brothers phone number with them

debbie
North Nottinghamshire rep for GLASS

nottinghamshirenorth.rep@glass-uk.org

Offline SimonHarwood

Attack Member
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2007, 08:33:55 »
Quote from: "Keri"
Quote from: "climbingchris"

I think the word used was clean water.... After all if sewage has over flowed and so on "clean" water might be a little harder to find even from streams etc. Would you want your dog drinking raw sewage?

And some people don't have kids they have animals instead that mean just as much to them as a child means to you.

Most medium and large dogs are quite happy to drink out of the toilet - you have to remember to put the lid down to stop them.
Also, you know what they do with their tongues...
(Their stomach acid is much stronger than ours as well and kills pretty much anything that is living on/in anything that they eat/drink.)

It also seems that most people have forgotten about the existence of Water Purification Tablets. (A "must" if you go camping in France and don't want to boil all your drinking water.)
Gas Main works are like ants... You never see them in the winter, but once the summer arrives they appear everywhere.

Offline BrumLee

Attack Member
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2007, 17:32:07 »
Quote from: "Edge"
Dont forget in sewage.. theres paint/paint stripper/thinners/bleach/blu loo/ washing up liquid/ dishwasher tablets "obviously in liquid form"/ gold fish "dead"/puke/wee/poo/cillit bang/ mr.muscle/ ajax/ shampoo/soap etc etc etc.....

Sounds like the ingredients in a good pint of mild  :lol:  :lol:
Lee from Brum

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal