• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • THERES NOTHING BETTER IN LIFE THAN THE GREEN OVAL
    • birmingham
  • Referrals: 0
v8 lpg
« on: July 19, 2007, 01:16:25 »
i have just brought and fitted a lpg system on my 3.5 efi range what adjustments do i have to do i.e plug gap and can i still run my performance cam when i fit it
whats the best plugs to go for

skip

v8 lpg
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 20:06:38 »
I've alway ran a standard gap on standard plugs with my LPG converted motors and had no trouble.

However I remember that the general thinking is to reduce the plug gap from 0.8mm to 0.7mm or somthing like that, RRB knows the exact details.

Why wouldn't you be able to run a perfomance cam on gas? it's just another fuel that gets burnt, I might consider a flash lube effort though, especially if you give it beans :D

Offline Range Rover Blues

Attack Member
    • South Yorkshire
v8 lpg
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2007, 23:55:00 »
BP6ES set to 27 thou, try to avoid BPR as the resistor just saps spark energy.

Cam, you should be ok but I'd put a rider on that, if you fitted a single point system you must take care to avoid backfires as these can be potentially disasterous.  Given that LPG will reduce your power output anyway your money might be better spent on an ignition advance module, otherwise your performance cam might just waste fuel.

If yours is the Flapper EFi then I'd recomend a lifter for the VAF air meter flap and/or a backfire arrestor, in addition to a flashlube kit which protects you valves.
Blue,  1988  Range Rover 3.5 EFi with plenty of toys bolted on
Chuggaboom, 1995 Range Rover Classic
1995 Range Rover Classic Vogue LSE with 5 big sticks of Blackpool rock under the bonnet.

Offline fezzy192

Attack Member
  • THERES NOTHING BETTER IN LIFE THAN THE GREEN OVAL
    • birmingham
lpg
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2007, 14:50:33 »
yes its the flapper and its got a backfire arrestor,on i,m gonna go for the bp6es plugs thanx for your brains  :roll:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal