Terranosaurus:

--- Quote from: "Bush Tucker Man" ---The Boat
Boat Lane
Allerton Bywater
Castleford
WF10 2BX
01977 667788

OS 105/418 273

Reknown in the area for its huge platefuls.
The Steaks & Mixed Grills are something to behold.
It being at one time, as the name suggests, the ferry-boat house to reach Methley at the other side of the River Aire.
For Rugby fans it might be a place to visit as the land-lord was (so I'm told) a Castleford, & Subsequently, an England player.
There are displays of his memorabilia in the eating areas & bar. His name being Brian Lockwood

Guest beers appear & I believe they were starting to brew their own at the time of our last visit.
Oh, & it's allegedly haunted

Website (brewery)
Website (pub)

Multi-Map
--- End quote ---

Brian (the old landlord) left a few years back (great pity) a string of managers followed and then unfortunately the Boat shut for a while. It is now back open I am told but have not yet been - used to be a regular of mine when I lived in Allerton.

It was extened IIRC under Brians tenure and can now seat more than double what it could.

They did indeed start up their own micro brewery but I'm not sure what has become of this.

Terranosaurus:
Brett's Fish Restaurant
12-14 North Lane
Headingley
Leeds

0113-232 3344

This truely is a Fish and Chip restaurant, not a cafe, (theres a takeaway round the side too).

This is where the Press, Media and players come for there fish and chips when the test match is on. You need to book a table at at least the previous test match if not earlier to get a table.

One of the best ten Fish and Chip shops in the country according to the Independent, click HERE

Everything is cooked fresh to your order when you eat in, even the chips. they're licensed too.

Bush Tucker Man:
Charlottes Ice-Cream Parlour

A plethora of flavours wait for you here, complete with take-home packs, wooden farm-machinery for the kids to play on, Calfs, Goats & Rabbits

Sorry, but I can't find a post-code to give a accurate Multi-Map fixing

Web-site

Biodiesel-Bev:
The Fleece
Greetland Rad,
Barkisland, (Betwixt Ripponden and Greetland)
Nr Halifax

Great pub, great food, great atmosphere and great views from the beer garden.

Biodiesel-Bev:
Akbars Indian Restaurant,
Leeds Road, (Betwixt Barkerend Road and Dick Lane Roundabout)
Bradford.

Eaten there several times, and always find the food and service to be A1)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version