Bush Tucker Man:
Shoulder of Mutton
Briestfield Road
Briestfield
Dewsbury
West Yorkshire
WF12 0PA
Tel: 01924 848297

A typical country pub, with stuffed animals & various hunting prints, there is a wonderful selection of old photographs of the surrounding areas.

It is owned by a Portugese couple & they do a wicked Chicken Piri-Piri

The food on the menu is worth the visit, a bit out of the way to find though.

Sorry, can't comment on which brewery that supply them, I' m tee-total

rach_and_james:
The Six Chimneys on Kirkgate in Wakey, is canny for cheap and cheerful meals.......I used to work there when it 1st opened.

We also used to go to what used to be the Ferry Boat in Altofts,(don't know what it changed it's name to, been back in Middlesbrough too long lol) used to walk down from the nurses residences, calling in at the British Oak along the way..........

Bush Tucker Man:

--- Quote from: "rach_and_james" --- We also used to go to what used to be the Ferry Boat in Altofts,(don't know what it changed it's name to, been back in Middlesbrough too long lol) used to walk down from the nurses residences, calling in at the British Oak along the way..........
--- End quote ---

Tom Pudding is/was the restaraunt by the Marina
There's the Ship Inn next door
The Graziers at the bottom of Stanley Hill
British Oak at the top on the corner

I pass them every day, when I go to work, or do the School-Run :roll:

Stanley Hall(nurses home)
Can I take it you trained/worked at Pinderfields then??

rach_and_james:
Aww bringing back memories..... yes I lived there and yes I trained at Pinderfields, but did the first 18months at Pontefract, Moved back to Middlesbrough in 2001.

rach_and_james:
I've just had a look through the rest of your photo's on that site and the Black Swan was also a good cheap and cheerful pub for food,

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version