AuthorTopic: Hobbies  (Read 11357 times)

ben_haynes

Re: Hobbies
« Reply #60 on: May 22, 2008, 22:10:15 »
Mine are Land Rovers in general, fixing my Land Rovers, Off roading,and Scouting, which include Outdoor Persuits, Hill walking, Hiking, Kayaking, Climbing, Camping.

Offline Bishops Finger

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
« Reply #61 on: May 22, 2008, 23:25:46 »
Sleep, Beer  Good rock music eg Iron Maiden Rolling Stones Springsteen Zep etc, military history of mechanised warfare

BBQ and growing chillis

Jeeps

More sleep n beer..... :dance: :D
Jeep drivers don't eat quiche

Offline stuvy

Attack Member
« Reply #62 on: May 24, 2008, 19:57:38 »
good to see im not the only putting a martial art here!

teaching Kung Fu first dan black belt!
reading,
cycling,
Fords!
Landy's
honda motor bikes
cars in general
motor bikes in general,
F2 side car racing, fastest rookie in 2006!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :P
snow boarding
drinking,
flying, in real planes
anything with an engine!
most things with b**bs lol
now getting into horse riding- first lesson on monday, a gentle hour long hack through lanes that are closed to 4x4s :oops: :oops:
setting up my business i love all the added stress it gives me :?
Epsom green Discovery S1, 33" M/T on colour coded rims, 2" Lift Kit, Steering Gaurd with raised steering bars, Rock+Tree sliders, Modded front bumper, Checker plate.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 www.DrewsSpeedShop.co.uk

Offline stuvy

Attack Member
« Reply #63 on: May 24, 2008, 20:01:55 »
almost forgot...... iv recently taught myself to weld! it really REALLY is satisfying! i can now do basic ally too, not bad for a second hand welder from here!!!!!!! thanks again JDB
Epsom green Discovery S1, 33" M/T on colour coded rims, 2" Lift Kit, Steering Gaurd with raised steering bars, Rock+Tree sliders, Modded front bumper, Checker plate.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 www.DrewsSpeedShop.co.uk

Offline Chris Putt

Attack Member
« Reply #64 on: May 24, 2008, 20:35:19 »
I do a few bits...Well currently dont having cracked a vertebrae doing one of them last week- 6 weeks in a back brace and really not seeing the funny side!

Mainly Im a whitewater kayaker and raft guide
I Climb (hence the back injury!)
Do a bit of mountaineering (mainly so I can get my ML to be more employable!)
Play with landrovers and cars
Dabbling in learning to ride trials and street on my bike!

Used to be really into railways- but not really got the time anymore!

Currently bored as Im not allowed to do any of the above.

Chris
'Its Gripped'
'Its sorted!'
'Lets Offroad!'

Offline Sharpshooter

Attack Member
« Reply #65 on: May 24, 2008, 21:47:13 »
I think my username gives it away. But i love to go fishing too. And i like walking round car boot sales. Get me out of the house. :)

Offline Quaker

Attack Member
« Reply #66 on: May 24, 2008, 22:28:07 »
Playing the piano is my main hobby, but I also enjoying cooking - especially baking :angel: hence littlepow's new tummy!!!!!!! :oops:
I'm currently developing a very unhealthy ebay habit  :evil: to replace my very healthy gym habit :doh:.
Life is better when you smile!!!

http://www.TickerFactory.com

[/url]

Offline diggerdog36

Attack Member
  • I fixed my CD auto changer!!!!
« Reply #67 on: May 24, 2008, 22:37:43 »
I am into clay and game shooting, target shooting- small and full bore, game keeping, walking dogs stuff like that!!!
2000 W Discovery Td5 ES

2" lift, Superwinch Epi9.5,  Mantec Snorkel, General Grabber AT2

Avoid employing unlucky people......simply bin half the applications!!!

Offline python

Attack Member
« Reply #68 on: May 25, 2008, 21:52:25 »
cassillis, cool blades mate, i used to collect samuri swords but sadly no more. how i miss them, do you sell them.i like to hill walk and mountain bike as long as my knees hold out. :)

Offline hrh_dave

• Administrator
    Attack Member
    • Lybster, Caithness
  • Referrals: 1
« Reply #69 on: May 26, 2008, 22:20:39 »
Shooting - clays - wildfowling - game -
Landrovers
Fishing (though not for a long time)
"Oh but if I went 'round sayin' I was Emperor, just because some moistened bint lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away."
www.terranomade.co.uk

Offline V8MoneyPit

Attack Member
« Reply #70 on: May 27, 2008, 18:20:10 »
Playing the piano is my main hobby, but I also enjoying cooking - especially baking :angel: hence littlepow's new tummy!!!!!!! :oops:

It's the evil cheesecake that's the culprit  :twisted:  :lol: Of course, the Black Sheep has absolutely nothing to do with littlepows new tummy  :lol:
Rgds
Steve

"Reality is wrong. Dreams are for real."

Land Rover build:
www.daisythediesel.com

Photos (my other passion and weakness):
http://www.flickr.com/photos/v8moneypit/

Offline lee celtic

• Regional Rep
    Attack Member
« Reply #71 on: May 27, 2008, 20:03:03 »
Landrovers

Remind me where you live again so I can avoid driving past your house :shock: ;)
so many hills , so little time ....
discovery TD5
work in progress...lol

Silvery Thing

« Reply #72 on: May 27, 2008, 20:22:43 »
Landrovers
Fishing (though not for a long time)

Shooting Landrovers seems an odd hobby unless you happen to be an owner of a LR :-k

Sorry guys, as a LC owner I just could not stop myself :roll: :lol: ;)

Offline Tommo

Attack Member
« Reply #73 on: May 27, 2008, 20:34:11 »
i cant believe they get away with calling it a 'land cruiser', such a blatant rip off of the brittish legend.

mind you i suppose it is a bit like a cross between a land rover and a PT cruiser.
Land Rover Tourettes Crew

www.sniff-my-diff.com

Offline kizz81

Attack Member
« Reply #74 on: May 27, 2008, 20:56:04 »
i have recently taken to drunkenly coming home to wake up and find i brought my previous nights beer glass on my desk, i have a shelf full  :twisted:

i want to learn how to weld and be able to make things decently from metal rather than buy it or ask people to do it for me, i also am getting more and more interested in playing with electronics, i spose i had better learn these two soon as i am swapping my bulkhead, and need to make a decentish job of the thing because im going on the landy rally im almost three months now  :shock: no pressure  :lol: any one else find there more productive on the later side of midnight?

Running;
I only really started this as a 'back-up' to the cycling, as some Cyclo-Cross courses demand a bit of running.
I'm not really 'up there', but at present can manage a 'rolling' 5 &1/2 run in 40minutes, and have been told that that's a fairly good time at my training level/experience (unless they're humouring me???)

But..... I've entered a 5-miler that takes place in June, & want to be able to comfortably finish it in a decent-ish time (roughly between Darrington & Wentbridge)

I've been out earlier & done a 50minute run, the longest I've done so far, the time jumped up by 10minutes & just over another mile.
Perhaps that's not a lot, but it certainly felt a lot whilst I was doing it Thinking

Got the scary pictures when i got in, but they're not really suitable for public viewing shocked

i ran the half marathon last year and fully dont intend to do it again soon  :lol: its the point where your releaved to think youve ran the full 13 miles and see the sign that says you have done three  :lol:

i seem to be collecting land rver parts, i have half a land rover in the garage currantly ( well it has a steering wheel bulkhead, speedo, ingnition lock and key, steering lock works and it has a clean heater not full of mud  :lol: now all i need is an engine n some wheels and maybe a chassy but i could use gaffa tape i think  :lol:

kieran
Ever dreamed about travelling to the land of the midnight sun? visit our website for more info!
www.freespirit4x4.co.uk

Offline Quaker

Attack Member
« Reply #75 on: May 27, 2008, 21:34:00 »

It's the evil cheesecake that's the culprit  :twisted:  :lol: Of course, the Black Sheep has absolutely nothing to do with littlepows new tummy  :lol:

What the one that you feel furring your arteries  :oops: - it's good isn't it :twisted:
Life is better when you smile!!!

http://www.TickerFactory.com

[/url]

Offline Bush Tucker Man

Attack Member
« Reply #76 on: May 27, 2008, 22:49:04 »
Running;
I only really started this as a 'back-up' to the cycling, as some Cyclo-Cross courses demand a bit of running.
I'm not really 'up there', but at present can manage a 'rolling' 5 &1/2 run in 40minutes, and have been told that that's a fairly good time at my training level/experience (unless they're humouring me???)

But..... I've entered a 5-miler that takes place in June, & want to be able to comfortably finish it in a decent-ish time (roughly between Darrington & Wentbridge)

I've been out earlier & done a 50minute run, the longest I've done so far, the time jumped up by 10minutes & just over another mile.
Perhaps that's not a lot, but it certainly felt a lot whilst I was doing it Thinking

Got the scary pictures when i got in, but they're not really suitable for public viewing shocked

i ran the half marathon last year and fully dont intend to do it again soon  :lol: its the point where your releaved to think youve ran the full 13 miles and see the sign that says you have done three 

That's what's worrying me - that SWMBO will try to persuade me to do a10miler, then a half-marathon.

Then, if I do succomb to a 'halfer', the conversation will go something like this;
"You've done a half, so why not try a full-marathon?"
"But, my sweet. I have no interest in doing so"
"Why not??, Lance Armstrong won 7 Tours', & then ran the New York Marathon!, so why can't you? Just remember what he went through!!!" (alluding to his battle with Cancer)
"Because, oh flower of my desert, Lance is a superman!!"

Or, have I been watching 'Scrubs' too much, with JDs weird little day-dreams/flights of fantasy?? :-k

However..............
She did say to me after I did the 'Cyclists verses Harriers' (runners) at Bingley last year & was deriding my position/time, that she'd start running again & whilst I rode it this year, she'd run it & beat me!!!
It was an horrendous mudbath for the first stretch, & definately favoured the runners!
(which was; 54.16. 82nd/97overall finisher. 27th/34 riders),

Whilst admittedly, she's back on the treadmill, and slowly starting to build up again, I see no real commitment to what she said.
I'll have to remind her :-'

Closer to the date, if she's still running, we'll have a drive up & we'll  run round and see if she can beat my 2007 time (also, I'll print off last years results & see how we'd have placed :huh:)

2006 = 2.59:36
2007 = 2.46
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 22:52:21 by Bush Tucker Man »
Richard A Thackeray 
Defender 110Td5 'Heritage Gone, but not forgotten
Jaguar XKR; X88 JLT, also 'gone, but not forgotten'

Yorkshire Born & Bred, and proud of it.

"You Can Allus Tell A Yorkshireman, But You Can't tell Him Owt!"

Offline kizz81

Attack Member
« Reply #77 on: May 28, 2008, 12:35:35 »
scrubs is funny, if she suggests you do the full marathon do a hommer simpson and run as fast as yoy can to the pub and stay there  :lol:
Ever dreamed about travelling to the land of the midnight sun? visit our website for more info!
www.freespirit4x4.co.uk

Offline Bush Tucker Man

Attack Member
« Reply #78 on: May 28, 2008, 13:01:58 »
scrubs is funny, if she suggests you do the full marathon do a hommer simpson and run as fast as yoy can to the pub and stay there  :lol:

Scrubs is scarily like work.

It's actually one of the few medical programmes that a lot of our staff agree on, & will watch in preferance to things like 'Casualty'

Pubs??, I'd sooner do the run!

:-k :-k :-k If I cunningly fail to finish the 5-miler, or in a time that I feel is abysmal, she might not even mention half-marathons :-k :-k :-k
(but, I guess pride will not let me do it 'half-assed')

As Lance says..................
Richard A Thackeray 

Offline nick h

Attack Member
« Reply #79 on: June 01, 2008, 11:06:43 »
varied hobbies/interests

a) 'serious' home cinema (bigger financial drain than my V8 Grand Cherokee!!)

b) game/clay shooting

c) deer stalking

d) fishing - all sorts, but salmon preferred - but sadly limited due to now living in England rather than rural Perthshire!

e) Black Labradors

f) car detailing but NOT the obsessive/compulsive type  :evil: - just decent products and a proper maintenance/care programme - and YES the Grand is used off road  :lol:

Offline Bush Tucker Man

Attack Member
« Reply #80 on: June 01, 2008, 12:45:30 »
:-k :-k :-k If I cunningly fail to finish the 5-miler, or in a time that I feel is abysmal, she might not even mention half-marathons :-k :-k :-k
(but, I guess pride will not let me do it 'half-assed')

Rather scarily, she did mention half (& full) marathons last night :shock: :shock: :shock:

I admitted that I'd done the maths based on my present times/distances & could manage roughly a 3.15 marathon
Except there's 'no way on this earth' I could do that distance :roll:
Richard A Thackeray 

Offline EbonynIvory

Attack Member
« Reply #81 on: June 01, 2008, 13:22:50 »
Sorry, but I think anyone who runs for fun are mad! I used to go running with a local club as a teenager, all it does is cause pain! Fair play to those who are serious about their running though - hat off to them!

I'm into horses - cross country, show jumping, dressage, western, hunter trails, combined training. Currently trying to teach my self the flute (nothing like American Pie!!) and not getting very far!

Offline Disco Matt

Attack Member
« Reply #82 on: June 01, 2008, 13:25:10 »
I have spent some time on and off trying to learn to play electric guitar. I've got as far as a wobbly and very bad version of the James Bond theme...
1996 Discovery 300TDI. She's got it where it counts...

Offline nick h

Attack Member
« Reply #83 on: June 01, 2008, 14:13:13 »
the only marathon i'd be interested in begins with S and ends in X - and has an E in the middle!!!

and yes its a dream :evil:

Offline kizz81

Attack Member
« Reply #84 on: June 01, 2008, 14:14:21 »
Sorry, but I think anyone who runs for fun are mad!

i too take my hat off to them, but i fully agree when i hit the 6 mile point on the half marathon and my dad kept on driving past in my landy as a "support" vehicle i kept wishing to swap places  :lol:

i do have a slightly strange beer glass collection, go to the pub then wake up with the beer glass next to the bed its certainly a strange experiance  :lol:

speaking of which who else has changed a body panel on their car and tryed to get the sticker off for a Laugh and ended up with the hack saw cutting round the sticker, i nailed mine to my wall  :lol: ( i hope it isnt just me )

kieran
www.freespirit4x4.co.uk

Offline Bush Tucker Man

Attack Member
« Reply #85 on: June 02, 2008, 16:49:11 »
Sorry, but I think anyone who runs for fun are mad! I used to go running with a local club as a teenager, all it does is cause pain! Fair play to those who are serious about their running though - hat off to them
I'll agree with the pain bit, I much prefer my bikes.
But, I've said I'll do it

I have spent some time on and off trying to learn to play electric guitar. I've got as far as a wobbly and very bad version of the James Bond theme...
As stated earlier in this thread, I want a Gretsch G6120 & the ability to do it justice [-o<
Richard A Thackeray 

Offline Bob696

Attack Member
« Reply #86 on: June 02, 2008, 17:13:22 »
I paint little soldiers  :lol: The ones in the pic would be about 15mm tall if they were stood up
"A wise man has something to say a fool has to say something"
"Think of it as evolution in action" and yes, I do know that I can't spell thank you.
200TDi 90  "Daisy" A.K.A. "Baby"
3.5L V8 110 "Sally". The camper van with an attitude problem.

LABOUR
Lying Arrogant Blair Oppressors of UK Rights

Offline POTASH

Attack Member
    • cheshire
« Reply #87 on: June 02, 2008, 19:50:45 »
i collect old games, and old electric guitars, there worth more than my landy :shock:
discovery200tdi homemade snorkel
                        homemade steering guard
                  homemade tank guard 
                  homemade light bar

Offline Bush Tucker Man

Attack Member
« Reply #88 on: June 02, 2008, 20:32:24 »
As stated earlier in this thread, I want a Gretsch G6120 & the ability to do it justice [-o<

The 'Gretsch-Master' playing 'that' music

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=hoYql7-Rcj0&feature=related

And also;

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=qMpfRmWfjrs&feature=related
Richard A Thackeray 

Silvery Thing

« Reply #89 on: June 02, 2008, 20:35:47 »
i collect old games, and old electric guitars, there worth more than my landy :shock:
I can understand that  :-k ;) :grin:

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal