AuthorTopic: More speed - And an abrupt end :(  (Read 1798 times)

Offline Evilgoat

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
More speed - And an abrupt end :(
« on: June 11, 2007, 15:22:53 »
Well this is the third rocket propelled RC car I've built. And the first one built up from scratch.

the whole thing weighs in at about 300g and should be pretty damm quick, doing some calculations before it all went a bit pete tong it was headed towards about 70mph on the first run. Trouble is being the first one this light with such a big engine I'm having a hell of a time keeping it on the ground and straight. R/C car wheels were never supposed to go this fast or deal with this much power.

So : Ignition!

Car screamed off, did a beutiful 450 degree spin and took off again and really accelerated. Camera was having trouble at this point.

Nice Back-to-the-Future style vapour trail

Sadly when I aimed it it had a long, stright clear run, The momentary loss of grip and the spin sent it screaming off towards the wrong side of the car-park, where it hit the curb moving at a fair clip :(

Its now sat on my table having had the axel and track-control kit stuck back on waiting on a nice ally re-enforced front end.
I must confess the the activities of the UK governments for the past couple of years have been watched with frank admiration and amazement by Lord Vetinari. Outright theft as a policy had never occured to him.

-- (Terry Pratchett, alt.fan.pratchett)

EX HK Police Mitsubishi Pajero 2.8TD
Audi S2 Avant 360bhp
Transit LWB 2.5di (The Shed)

Offline barny

Attack Member
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2007, 21:26:28 »
Very cool, got any videos of it ?  8)

AbyssDJ

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2007, 22:15:01 »
some kind of spoiler and fin setup would maybe help keep it down? i wouldnt mind betting the curved front edge lifts it a bit?

Offline SWEETY

Attack Member
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2007, 22:18:09 »
That looks realy dood :D Think you are going to have to go down the F1 route & create some down force & that should help it keep it going where you want it to go :D
I don't suffer insaity ! I enjoy it !!!

Disco 2 V8 powered

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal