AuthorTopic: anybody used this kit?? plus few related Q's  (Read 3803 times)

Offline simon15

• Attack: 100
    Defense: 100
    Attack Member
  • Referrals: 0
anybody used this kit?? plus few related Q's
« Reply #30 on: June 13, 2007, 08:53:53 »
Seems like a good price off bullfrog. :)

might get some 2" springs and fit 2" spacers along with the +5" shocks on -2" mounts, running castor correction and TD5 Prop and flange and 4" extended lines. and rear diss cones.

And all this for approx £700. will all get done as and when i got the cash :)

hopefully all done by the time the mud comes back :)

oh yeah and £300 for wheels and tyres :) :o  :o  :o
Project "BLACK TIGER" underway :)
Disco 200TDi
Want lots of offroad prep parts give me a shout :)

Offline Sheddy

Attack Member
« Reply #31 on: June 13, 2007, 10:33:23 »
With reference to MM4x4, I would never, EVER use them again.  They are great when taking your money but absolutly useless when you encounter problems.  Customer service? - they would probably choke when speaking those words.

Now, on to the kit.

That kit is just the start of things.  When fitting it you will be altering the caster of the axles.  If you do not correct this caster then the vehicle will handle slightly strangely but you will probably get away without changinfg the front prop.

If you do decide that the handling and the loadings are not to your liking than you are looking at fitting corrected radius and trailing arms.  These will move the axle casings round so that they are now sitting in thier design position relevent to the chassis.

The other thing that happens when you suspension lift a vehicle is that you alter the alignment of the front and rear axles.  This is because of the length of the panard rod.  If you look under the disc from the front, the panard rod is the one that starts on the chassis to the top right and attaches to the axle at the bottom left.  as you lift the vehicles suspension this rod will effectively pull the axle over to the right (view from the front) and so it needs to be made longer.  Add in to your shopping list an adjustable panard rod.

If you are wanting to do the lift for cosmetic reasons then you are now done, but if you want greater articulation you also need to factor in the extended break lines, a polybush kit, relocation cones ..... the list goes on.

Enjoy doing it but have a bucket of water handy with which to quench your credit card ----- its going to get very hot!
1991 Disco 1 V8 modded

Offline simon15

Attack Member
« Reply #32 on: June 13, 2007, 11:57:33 »
yeah it is definatly a long and not cheap list...

but i hope its going to be worth it in the end...
Project "BLACK TIGER" underway :)
Disco 200TDi
Want lots of offroad prep parts give me a shout :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal